Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewwoo

Ive just heard from a very reliable source that he will be on 1 million pounds a week. Apparently the tea lady has been in Jose office this morning demanding equal pay.

MDFC Manager

We dont have to offer more money. just being a united player means any decent player can make multiple millions a year from endorsements.
More so, if the player comes from a niche market (South America/Asia) I suppose?

Classical Mechanic

If he did ask for 500k p/w to join city then his agent is the only smart agent out there. They can pay anything and somehow KDB's agent le him sign a 5 year contract on 200k p/w when messi/ronaldo are on 800k or something. Would't be surprised if his agent got paid off on that or something, he could have demanded 400k easily
City were offering him £1m year less and £5m less in signing on fee in the January window than us.

Manchester City is ready to welcome Alexis Sanchez to the club. An agreement has been reached between the club and the player for a contract worth 13 million pounds per season net, plus a 30 million signing bonus. The only question is whether they will close the deal now during the winter market or if it will happen in June. If they were to close it now, Arsenal would receive 20 million pounds while the player would receive the same annual contract but his signing bonus would be reduced to 15 million.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/manc...ached-for-arsenals-alexis-sanchez-the-figures

I think it is entirely possible that Sanchez will taking home the amounts quoted. What I think is pure fantasy is that he would be paying 45% tax on any earnings. The idea that football clubs don't arrange 'tax efficiency' schemes for players is kind of ludicrous. I would bet the tax rate would be closer to 10-15%.

City can't pay whatever they want either, clubs are not allowed to increase their wage bill by more than £7m under current rules. City are in the process of renewing some major contracts and spent really big in the summer. My guess is that they couldn't afford to pay Sanchez anymore in the winter window and that is why they lost out.

Crashoutcassius

City were offering him £1m year less and £5m less in signing on fee in the January window than us.

Manchester City is ready to welcome Alexis Sanchez to the club. An agreement has been reached between the club and the player for a contract worth 13 million pounds per season net, plus a 30 million signing bonus. The only question is whether they will close the deal now during the winter market or if it will happen in June. If they were to close it now, Arsenal would receive 20 million pounds while the player would receive the same annual contract but his signing bonus would be reduced to 15 million.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/manc...ached-for-arsenals-alexis-sanchez-the-figures

I think it is entirely possible that Sanchez will taking home the amounts quoted. What I think is pure fantasy is that he would be paying 45% tax on any earnings. The idea that football clubs don't arrange 'tax efficiency' schemes for players is kind of ludicrous. I would bet the tax rate would be closer to 10-15%.

City can't pay whatever they want either, clubs are not allowed to increase their wage bill by more than £7m under current rules. City are in the process of renewing some major contracts and spent really big in the summer. My guess is that they couldn't afford to pay Sanchez anymore in the winter window and that is why they lost out.
Why can't they pay more than 7m ? Ffp?

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Link for arsene's conference. How many united hearts can arsene break in one Conference? lets see!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Sorry if this had already been posted, but this is getting ridiculous: :lol:

Man City's Alexis Sanchez stance can boost Pep Guardiola's glory mission

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-alexis-sanchez-arsenal-14167759
:lol: What a pathetic article.

Juan Mata is the latest Red to voice the kind of view that was somewhat quieter when United were drawing three successive games over Christmas.
Quoting Jones and Mata for giving positive interview, saying anything can happen. Yeah should have said, "No league is over, we are fecked".

WPMUFC

Should be official today, you would think. Would be nice, wouldn't it? Would leave us one more week to sign a WC midfielder :smirk:
Well the Paul Hirst article is the first i've seen in the last two days claiming Jose want him to debut in the Burnley game. If true, you'd have to imagine Thursday would have to be the day.

kotha

It's going to be today isn't it.. I'm done from work and ready for the ride!!

Let's go..

MDFC Manager

Well the Paul Hirst article is the first i've seen in the last two days claiming Jose want him to debut in the Burnley game. If true, you'd have to imagine Thursday would have to be the day.
Yes, I think we'll register him in time for the weekend. It's a domestic transfer, so should be faster (in theory) for the paperwork to be done in time.

GM K

There's two angles to dissect this deal, the football angle and the bean counter angle.

The question any football fan should ask is, does Alexi Sanchez improve Man Utd? The answer is yes. Where and how much, that's to be seen, and I'm sure we will debate that at length if this deal materializes.

Couple of thoughts on the finances:

1) Wages are not usually factored when we talk about a player's cost. They should, but they're not part of the lexicon. We say VVD cost 75m, or Pogba cost 89m, or Zlatan was free, but they're not playing for free so why not include wages for those players also? Ideally you'd look at the cost and wages and other fees and amortise them over the length of the contract.

2) Then the amortized player's cost should be at a healthy ratio against turnover. As far as United are concerned, it has one of the lowest wage to turnover ratios in the league according to the Swiss Ramble http://bit.ly/2DJ6LQc

3) The 180m cost is over 4.5 years, and it does not factor the fee recouped for Mkhitaryan going the other way. Nor does it factor the savings on Mkhi's salary. Be it as that may, United annual turnover is 580m and growing, you could project that turnover over the next 4.5 years to be over 2.6Billion. So whatever the net Sanchez cost, it's a drop in the bucket. I'm pretty sure Glazers have competent bean counters and they know what they're doing.

I learnt a long time ago that common sense is not really common.

Brilliant post.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Status
Not open for further replies.