Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mihai

Wenger looks suspiciously delighted about this deal. Hope the physio dept give Sanchez a rigorous medical.
He might get Auba and Mkhitaryan to replace an unmotivated Sanchez and Walcott, which is not bad at all tbh.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Wenger just completely destroyed the pathetic media narrative with just a few sensible sentences.
In the last few seasons I've come to have a bit of a soft spot for Wenger and Arsenal, he's the only long term manager from any of the top 6 clubs and they're a club actually built off playing football, not just being owned by someone super rich. I didn't like Jose bullying him in the past, it was actually one of my reasons for disliking Jose before he came here, I'd like to see something classy from Jose in return, but I don't think we'll get it.
Also think Wenger has mellowed with age. I'm sure he still wants to win, but he's also being realistic and sticking to values, maybe he sees it as he's helping a club similar to the one he's dedicated much of his life to rather than the oil-money-rich ones ruining the way the league used to be. So for all Citeh's desperate attempts to appear to have values, Wenger has just outdone them in a couple of sentences. Not only that but this really works for everyone involved, he's got rid of a player who didn't want to be there and got a replacement straight away who's still a cracking player and he may be able to get more out of than Jose did just due to the styles being more aligned.
He knows he's not building for the long term now, with how the fans have treated him why would he care if the club bursts into flames the day he walks away?

I like the word fiscal
Me too, it sounds dirty.

hubbuh

Accent might be a challenge for some of the hardened northern monkeys among us, but this is the only gooner I have come across that talks sense.

Canagel

I must say I didn't expect Wenger to praise us in the way he did. He was absolutely right when he said that United generate their money from their own resources. I hope Mkhi does well there and I'm rooting for them to get into the top 4 as well.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I hope he doesn't have Alexis on his shirt, I hate having the first names etc. Don't think we've ever done that?

Sanchez 7 sounds so much cooler.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I must say I didn't expect Wenger to praise us in the way he did. He was absolutely right when he said that United generate their money from their own resources. I hope Mkhi does well there and I'm rooting for them to get into the top 4 as well.
The feck I am! Rather Spurs

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I hope he doesn't have Alexis on his shirt, I hate having the first names etc. Don't think we've ever done that?

We did for Memphis.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13

Bit off topic, but I've always wondered why Hererra has his first and second name on the back of his shirt. It barely even fits!

M4YON

Really? Some of the replies I was thinking more towards the 14 year old range. Some will call me miserable, but if some of these replies are from fully grown adults it's embarrassing.
Transfer muppet season can make people act strange, this is tame when you compare the Pogba thread when we signed him.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Didn't Jordi Cruyff go by Jordi on his shirt too?

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
I think SSN are about to play Jesse Lingard's daft Instagram 'medical' video.

I can't wait. This'll be the peak of the saga for me.

Rohith

So Wenger sold us RVP and Sanchez and blocked us the sale of Varmaleen and Debuchy. He truly loves United.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
Wenger on reported wages that are being bandied around....

"
I wouldn’t like to come out on the numbers, that’s a United problem.

I respect United because they generate the money they pay by their own resources.

United is a club very well managed financially and of course on the pitch so that’s why I don’t have any problem with the money they pay"
Respect to Wenger. A gentleman in the game. Calls it how he sees it and he's 100% spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.