Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peanut Butter

Stop posting your formations for god sake, no one cares!

I want Alexis news, not your 4-2-3-1 zzzz.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’d have Lukaku as the odd man out if we get him, although the boss won’t of course.

Martial - Jessi - Sanchez

Would be the perfect interchange up top for me, although if Jessi plays in the middle three with Pogba and Matic that could possibly work too.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Pogba Martial Sanchez. That's some technical class for you. Come on United. Pull this one off.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
And I'm extending it to outfield players. He's that good.
Agree he's that good, but to extend the point to encompass all outfield players totally ignores my (very valid) point that Sanchez would be our first world-class wide player since Ronnie. Given our dedication, historically, to top class wide players, it's really weird we've allowed that to happen.

Bobski

Not sure Jose would like Sanchez as a 10, now that I think about it. He didn't like Hazard there, and they're similar players, in terms of the two players liking to dribble.

A free role in one of the wide areas would probably be more realistic.
Sanchez is not a 10, way too erratic with the ball to play there. He causes quite a lot of tactical issues at Arsenal because he is constantly wandering in search of the ball, when playing wide that can create problems for his left back. Doesn't really work as an out and out striker either because he is so small.

Super talent, but he does cause headaches, and people will be surprised at how often he gives the ball away.

Turnbl

Ballbag’s Pep vs Money ‘argument’ is like saying you bought a Lambo over a Ferrari choosing the passion over the expense.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
First of all, some people already talking of him as if he's signed need to seriously calm the heck down :lol:

There's a long way to go, Arsenal would have to get a replacement first, which could take until the end of Jan, even if we were at the head of the queue.

However, when things from nowhere seem to start escalating from nowhere, as seen with Van Persie and Lukaku, you do really wonder.

It'd be an incredible signing, and would give us that top class peak age player we're missing right nowl.

The idea of adding Sanchez now, and Ozil in the summer, is just pure championship manager

Walters_19_MuFc

Sanchez is not a 10, way too erratic with the ball to play there. He causes quite a lot of tactical issues at Arsenal because he is constantly wandering in search of the ball, when playing wide that can create problems for his left back. Doesn't really work as an out and out striker either because he is so small.

Super talent, but he does cause headaches, and people will be surprised at how often he gives the ball away.
I agree. Coming in off the left would be the best role for him, but I'd like to see what he could do on the right, in order for us to play Martial and Sanchez on the wings.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ballbag’s Pep vs Money ‘argument’ is like saying you bought a Lambo over a Ferrari choosing the passion over the expense.
Anyone who isn't ABU, would laugh.
It is simply farcical to paint City as being the financial underdogs. Simply farcical.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

All creative players do. But he'll have a greater output than our other guys, bar none.

The team would be

Sanchez, and then slot the other attackers in accordingly

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Once again you conveniently leave out the part where he said "however, should a certain player be available then you have to try whether it's in January, March or July."
Your muppetry levels are quite high imho.

Like I said, José said United don’t expect to sign players in the Jan window but are open to others. He did not say this “directly” about Sanchez as it was a generic response to deflect away from talking about Alexis specifically which he clearly did not want to do / breach confidentiality of another clubs player. AKA it was neither a yes or a no but can be interpreted (misinterpreted) from either end of the spectrum to fit a certain narrative - case in point which I ironically & sarcastically did so in my last post which you took literally.

...and yea if you still can’t grasp that then sorry as this is my last response to you
That’s just your interpretation if it, fair game but José never directly said it and said so generically.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Just been on bluemoon my word that place is a mess!

Some cnut actually claimed they destroyed our infrastructure as a club! I mean - what the feck does that even mean. Have we been fighting some proxy wars or have city been sabotaging our training ground or something? fecking stupid cnuts.

Hanky panky

After that press-conference I'm convinced something big is going on. I was so sure his transfer to City was a done deal. Hope we get him, fantastic player!
Same. When Marotta says player will stay, they are gone already. When Jose says it's unpolite to talk about other team players, there is something going on.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Just been on bluemoon my word that place is a mess!

Some cnut actually claimed they destroyed our infrastructure as a club! I mean - what the feck does that even mean. Have we been fighting some proxy wars or have city been sabotaging our training ground or something? fecking stupid cnuts.
:lol:

Got an image of Guardiola walking around in a Mourinho mask stealing all the footballs from training.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The money thing we should embrace. After all it was ourselves who coined the term rags.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Agree he's that good, but to extend the point to encompass all outfield players totally ignores my (very valid) point that Sanchez would be our first world-class wide player since Ronnie. Given our dedication, historically, to top class wide players, it's really weird we've allowed that to happen.
Okay mate. You can have your very valid point.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I don't understand why he would want to join us. It's quite bewildering. Obviously the money is good but we're not going to win the league, we play, at times, very stale football and he played under Pep at Barca.

Not sure if that last point is a good thing or not, but I still don't see him really wanting to join us.

Minimalist

Can we change the match day thread titles to 'Manchester 'Money' United Vs .....'?

Hopefully all those that questioned Neville will shut up now. The guy loves the club more than anyone and is entitled to his opinion.
Let the lads walk out to the Shane O Mac ‘here comes the money’ theme.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Ballbag chatting shit as usual on Sky. At least iron your ugly shirt before turning up on the telly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't understand why he would want to join us. It's quite bewildering. Obviously the money is good but we're not going to win the league, we play, at times, very stale football and he played under Pep at Barca.

Not sure if that last point is a good thing or not, but I still don't see him really wanting to join us.

We're Manchester United for goodness sake mate, we're the club with the biggest profile in the world. We're on the up, he'll walk in as our star man, Number 7 probably, and play a key role.

Go to City, and he may well have to rotate, won't get anywhere near the same focus, and them winning the league won't go down as being down to him to any great amount.

Playing under Pep before doesn't mean it went great there.

It would be a shock obviously, but that's because it's seemed such a massive given since the summer, and we didn't even attempt (we think) to get involved at that high fee then

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Jesus, you would think we were signing Messi.
Sanchez on top form is without any doubt, one of the top 5 attackers in the league. Hazard, Aguero, Sanchez, Kane, Salah arguably. How often do you sign that level of player from a rival?

We lack that level of special in our front 4.

It's exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.