Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Did you listen to the whole interview? I guess not.

It’s all about context. He also said if a certain player becomes available you have to try all year round. He’s clearly talking about Sanchez.
No, not really but hey I guess that’s how this thread doubled in less than 12 hours hahaha

Kapardin

For most attacking wide players, yeah. But Sanchez is a special player, one who would be the first world-class wide player we've had since selling Ronaldo. For a club who traditionally prided itself on their wide attackers, it's odd that that scenario has been allowed to play out.

Personally, I don't think Sanchez's age is an issue - he's phenomenally fit, hasn't shown any sign of being in physical decline and would improve us immediately. Nedved moved to Juve at the same age and went on to become a club legend for them. I'd look at that transfer in relation to this it if it comes off. He's got at least 3 more seasons playing at his high level, and his joining us would massively weaken a top 4 rival's chances of qualifying for the CL. Say the transfer ends up costing us £30m, and we get those number of seasons out of him, you're looking at £10m per season for Sanchez. That's an insanely good deal, especially in the context of the current transfer market.

To apply the words/logic/philosophical musings of LVG to this case - "WE GOT FOR IT!"
Yep. Put it this way, we have our equivalent of Hazard now. I would argue that with Sanchez, our squad is actually better than Chelsea's, while as of now, I'd say we are just a little behind them mainly due to Hazard, despite being a point ahead.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
For most attacking wide players, yeah. But Sanchez is a special player, one who would be the first world-class wide player we've had since selling Ronaldo. For a club who traditionally prided itself on their wide attackers, it's odd that that scenario has been allowed to play out.

Personally, I don't think Sanchez's age is an issue - he's phenomenally fit, hasn't shown any sign of being in physical decline and would improve us immediately. Nedved moved to Juve at the same age and went on to become a club legend for them. I'd look at that transfer in relation to this it if it comes off. He's got at least 3 more seasons playing at his high level, and his joining us would massively weaken a top 4 rival's chances of qualifying for the CL. Say the transfer ends up costing us £30m, and we get those number of seasons out of him, you're looking at £10m per season for Sanchez. That's an insanely good deal, especially in the context of the current transfer market.

To apply the words/logic/philosophical musings of LVG to this case - "WE GOT FOR IT!"
Outfield player. Zlatan was great but had weaknesses due to age. Pogba is the other way round. At times sensational but has to prove he can make the step up to elite. Sanchez is already there and genuinely one of the very best.

Hanky panky

Martial Lukaku Sanchez
-------Pogba Herrera
-----------Matic
Shaw Jones Bailly Valencia
DDG

Danillaco

You have the opportunity to sign one of the best players in the league for like £35m. He can also play in the CL. No fecking brainer.
Tottally forgot Arsenal weren't in CL.

Alexis Sanchez and Ozil (as much I don't really like the german) for peanuts and able to play Champions League. That would be amazing.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yep. Put it this way, we have our equivalent of Hazard now. I would argue that with Sanchez, our squad is actually better than Chelsea's, while as of now, I'd say we are just a little behind them mainly due to Hazard, despite being a point ahead.
Yes. Our hazard would be apt. And yeah I'd put our team ahead of theirs if this goes through. Wasn't much much between the two squads anyway.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
Why would City buy Sanchez, they are already scoring 4-5 goals per game, are they trying to score more? And Alexis aint no spring chicken either. They only did it so we don't get a chance to sign him. Dirty oily bast3rds, oil is running low soon, lets see how will you be spending yer dirty money bitches.

red4ever 79

I feel Utd are in that moment where we simply cannot fail in our bid to lure Sanchez. He is a top top player who players in the very area of the team where we have been struggling. He can take us to a higher level that means we will be able to compete next season. There are not that many players of this calibre who are available, also in the summer in a world cup year. If we manager to get him in, it gets us closer to the level of City and means we can compete next season. Failure to get him, and if he ends up at City means they will be even farther away than they are now, which is scary.

Peanut Butter

Whoa whoa whoa hold on there. Sanchez is still an Arsenal player isn't he?

Talk like this is getting extremely ahead of yourself!

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
erm Mou had basically admitted he wants him and would like to sign him in January
He actually said that he doesn't like to sign players in January just for the sake of it but if a certain player (like Sanchez) is available then you have to try whether it's in January, March or July.
That’s just your interpretation if it, fair game but José never directly said it and said so generically.

I hate the transfer window, but i've been hooked. Lukaku came out of nowhere, and there was that picture of Matic that got leaked the day before he signed. There have been some nice surprises :D
You do have a point lol ...I’m leaving this up as a possibility but maybe at 5%, even at that I’m cutting it a bit of slack :p

Walters_19_MuFc

Not sure Jose would like Sanchez as a 10, now that I think about it. He didn't like Hazard there, and they're similar players, in terms of the two players liking to dribble.

A free role in one of the wide areas would probably be more realistic.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Martial Lukaku Sanchez
-------Pogba Herrera
-----------Matic
Shaw Jones Bailly Valencia
DDG
This for me is perfect with the front 3 interchanging. Lukaku has a bit of experience cutting in from RW doesn't he? The midfield and defence is great too, maybe a replacement for Herrera unless he refinds his form.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That’s just your interpretation if it, fair game but José never directly said it and said so generically.

You do have a point lol ...I’m leaving this up as a possibility but maybe at 5%, even at that I’m cutting it a bit of slack :p
You're in denial. Just accept it. We're trying to sign Sanchez.

Beaucoup

Our sponsorship with casillero del diablo's going to swing this one, they better put roasted guinea pig on the menu at the Lowry, he's coming.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Well he was directly asked about Sanchez. Who else would he be talking about? :confused:
And he indirectly responded about players/transfers in general as he wasn’t willing to talk about another teams player.

That’s like me saying he was directly asked about Sanchez and replied by saying United won’t sign him in the January window as who else was he talking about? See, 2 can play that game ;)

Come on, watch the press conference. It's obviously clear that he was referring to Alexis.
Maybe but I think it’s just José being José (not a yes nor a no) and nothing else

BarstoolProphet

Are you in denial? He did say the part about signing players in January while talking about Sanchez, you claim he didn't. Also context is a nice thing.

BigdaftGorby

Could be. Ballbag claiming Alexis only want City move and the choice is Pep or Money.

Makes no sense what so ever. When United and City want you, its about more than money. Stupid ballbag. Its hate, because most players would rate United a bigger club. Current standings in the league has notting to do about it.
99% of footballers want to play for MUFC, the other 1% are liars........

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I have a cheeky feeling we are going to get him.

Would mean we FINALLY have a world class attacker since 2013 RVP.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Outfield player. Zlatan was great but had weaknesses due to age. Pogba is the other way round. At times sensational but has to prove he can make the step up to elite. Sanchez is already there and genuinely one of the very best.
Neither Ibra or Pogba are wide players - I was talking about us not having had a world-class wide player since Ronnie.

BarstoolProphet

And he indirectly responded about players/transfers in general as he wasn’t willing to talk about another teams player.

That’s like me saying he was directly asked about Sanchez and replied by saying United won’t sign him in the January window as who else was he talking about? See, 2 can play that game ;)

Maybe but I think it’s just José being José (not a yes nor a no) and nothing else
Once again you conveniently leave out the part where he said "however, should a certain player be available then you have to try whether it's in January, March or July."

Chrissypop

City forum already started down playing Sanchez's ability, like we even have a chance of this lol.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm sure you're trying to just defend yourself, many muppets have been stung before. But we're all in on this, and trying to make it sound like "you're the special guy because you don't believe it" is silly. We might not win the race, but we definitely want him. Have faith.

rampo

A lot of people saying we need to invest in younger players. But, our forward squad is full of young talent - Rashford, Martial and even Lukaku is just 24. What we need is an experienced winner who can bulldoze his way through the opposition and take us over the line. And a player like Sanchez is exactly that. Add Ozil to that team and there is talent oozing through that forward line which we have been crying out for

Also, people need to remember that we haven't won the PL for 4 years now (5 if we include 2017-18, since City are so ahead). In a league where every team has enough money, it doesn't take long for a club to decline if they don't regularly win trophies. Look what a laughing stock Arsenal and Pool have become. We do need to win the league in the next 1-2 years and players like Sanchez/Ozil will help that. They are PL proven and at such low prices are no-brainers to atleast make an attempt to sign

Denis79

After that press-conference I'm convinced something big is going on. I was so sure his transfer to City was a done deal. Hope we get him, fantastic player!

Status
Not open for further replies.