g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie Shawcross

At the end of the day we should do everything to sign him. Even if Jose opts to stick him in the canteen dicing bananas, at least he won't be strengthening City

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Sanchez for Martial is just so stupid. There's no way in hell we will ever let go of Martial given the way he's raised his game this season. He can take Mhiki or leave it.
Just like it would be irresponsible for Jose to not be in for Sanchez, it would be irresponsible for Wenger to not ask for Martial if there is a possibility for a swap. Doesn't mean either will get what they want but from a negotiation point of view you'd be remiss not to even ask.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
OOps, accidentally a threadmark, apologies fellow mod/admin

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Fair enough, if by favourite we mean "what clueless people think based on information available to general public".
Nah. By favourite we mean the general consensus based on the information available to the general public and people close to the club, the player and the agent. If you can provide us with some solid evidence from our resident clairvoyant, I'll be pleased to read it.

Womp

idiot
:drool:

Lukaku
Lingard/Martial Sanchez
Pogba Matic Herrera
Shaw Lindelof Bailly Valencia

Go full muppet and get a new rb, replace Herrera and we are golden

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If Sanchez does come to United, it would be a huge statement by Ed and more importantly, it would mean that we will no longer go in for Bale and Griezmann is Barca bound which I'm completely fine with. For 30m, I think that would be an amazing coup. Sanchez will play at number 10 behind Lukaku.
Bale, Griezmann, Ozil, and Sanchez.

Ed is going to go absolutely ape sh!t over the next 6 months.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Please get this sorted out for Monday. I'm going to Old Trafford for the first time since 2005 and bringing along my daughter for her first ever time.

Strats

I've beaten a slight fever and a clogged nose with beer. My body is ready

Trizy

Where are all the tweets gone? Post updates you muppet bastards! :drool:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Straight swaps perhaps not, but a bit of scratch your backs if you scratch ours is still evident. I don't know if we'd have pipped Chelsea to Lukaku without the Rooney chip.
Yeah. I remember Chelsea giving cash and Matic for Luiz at Benfica a few years ago.

There've been a few (foreign) deals I can remember with a player coming on loan the other way. This month Villarreal sold Bakambu to a Chinese club with Roger Martinez coming the other way on loan with option of making it permanent at the end of the season.

Fact is: Arsenal are reluctant to sell Sanchez this month without bringing in a replacement first. Malcom will be hard to get from Bordeaux this month as Bordeaux want to keep him until the end of the season but we have a bit of an edge (club transferwise) in that we can offer Mkhitaryan. With regards to the player he probably still prefers City.

JohnnyKills

This Money over Pep thing is downright ridiculous for several reasons. 1) It is well known that money now rules football first and foremost. How the hell does Ballague think City built their squad they've got? Did they all dream of playing for a club in United's shadow and as many titles as Huddersfield when they joined? No. Its common knowledge City dangled a massive financial carrot to get every single one of these players to start their project off. I love how he completely overlooks this fact. 2) Were City going to pay Sanchez in dry roasted peanuts? No, if they do sign him they will pay him absolutely mind boggling figures as every single club does with their top players. 3) We are having our best season since SAF left, and won 2 legitimate pieces of silverware last season. We are hardly a spent force, we just happen to be behind one team in the league who are having an exceptional season! 4) Sanchez to United would surely be a more romantic move than to City for the neutral? Lets compare, City a club funded by an outside source bulldozing their way through the market buying whoever they like because they don't have to worry about finances, or United who are known to generate 100% of their own revenue to spend? I can't believe Ballague can't pick up on this. At one time in the not so distant past these sugar daddy ran clubs used to get stick, now its fashionable to lick their hoops. He is completely hanging out of the back of Guardiola and it makes me sick!
Indeed

joleb

I'll get excited then the plane tracking starts.
Last time we bought a player from London in January, he came on the heli.

By the way, does Shanchez know we have a heli? Maybe we should send it buzzing above his home or something? Just to speed things up

BarstoolProphet

Yeah. I remember Chelsea giving cash and Matic for Luiz at Benfica a few years ago.

There've been a few (foreign) deals I can remember with a player coming on loan the other way. This month Villarreal sold Bakambu to a Chinese club with Roger Martinez coming the other way on loan with option of making it permanent at the end of the season.

Fact is: Arsenal are reluctant to sell Sanchez this month without bringing in a replacement first. Malcom will be hard to get from Bordeaux this month as Bordeaux want to keep him until the end of the season but we have a bit of an edge (club transferwise) in that we can offer Mkhitaryan. With regards to the player he probably still prefers City.
Don't forget the biggest one of them all: Ibra for Eto'o and a few £'s

Also, didn't we try to sweeten the Berbatov negotiations by offering Fraizer Campbell on loan?

minoo-utd

I'm not convinced that suddenly City refuses to pay for Alexis or for his agent to make it happen specially after knowing we entered the race! Since when City refuses to pay for a player they want let alone someone like Sanchez? Someone give me a real good reason how we are favorite to sign him over City!

Status
Not open for further replies.