Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teja

Damn, 350k p/w is a lot even accounting for the end of contract, therefore low transfer fee situation. I really hope we have an actual wage structure in place. I don't really mind giving our super stars (DDG, Pogba, Sanchez if he joins) shit tons of money - RM for example pay exorbitant sums for Ronaldo and Bale etc., but I hope this doesn't lead to an overall inflation of wages in the squad.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
From the BBC:

Prohibitive to what? They've got more money than God! Why would they get stingy now. Doesn't make sense to me.
My guess? The agents of De Bruyne and co were made aware of Alexis terms and made City know of it

As for what city were willing to offer last summer, that was last summer, before they ripped off one of the greatest starts in english football history and guys like De Bruyne, Sterling, etc went from great/promising pieces to vital cogs

I mean, De Bruyne is the best player in the league, he's just signed a new contract with them worth around £300k a week all bonuses included, why should he accept Alexis earning at least £50k a week more than him? If De Bruyne told his agent "bring me better offers" within an hour he'd have at least two offers doubling city's on the table(madrid & psg)

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Apparently we're playing match tonight as well as buying players, who knew.

Vindal

:lol: Exactly my thoughts. Could have sworn we’d had loads of players on that wage already according to the papers??? Odd.
And yet, if Der Spiegel's story about the most recent leak from Football Leaks is true, Messi has a fixed salary of more than a million pounds a week (~63.000.000 annually) :lol: Utterly insane.

"The revelations, which come from documents obtained from the Football Leaks whistleblower platform, are covered in the latest issue of DER SPIEGEL. The documents show that Messi is to receive an annual fixed salary of 71,053,846 euros through the end of the 2020/21 season. He is also to get a one-time bonus of 63.5 million as well as a "loyalty bonus" of 70 million euros. On top of that come performance bonuses. If the team wins the Champions League, for example, Messi would receive an additional 12,057,513 euros."

And people say the salaries in the PL have been inflated...

podurban2

From the BBC:

Prohibitive to what? They've got more money than God! Why would they get stingy now. Doesn't make sense to me.
Wage “structure”, they are afraid the mercenaries will create a toxic environment if Sanchez comes and becomes top earner.

adz_87

Supports
Man City
By pulling out 3 times and releasing silly statements.

Also the wages are to be viewed alongside getting a discounted transfer fee. Sanchez is with £100m if he had a proper contract.
Yeah, but he hasn't got a proper contract and he's 29. If city put the money in then I still believe he'd go to them rather than us and that's not saying it's a bad deal for us it's just we all know he'd prefer to play for pep. City not backing down to ridiculous wages, agent fees etc. Surely cannot be deemed as pathetic. Should he really be paid more than the likes of De bruyne?! If there's potential that it could cause unrest then it's a risk not worth taking, especially with the position their In top of the league and all that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Penna

Oscie

Apparently what clinched it is the fact he can roll our shorts up to his bollocks better than City's.

LARulz

As somebody who always looks at the worst case, my worry is City have accepted this 'defeat' but will now go blow a ton on someone like Griezmann who I'd much rather have and would most likely be better

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
how many world class wide players are in their 30's
Modric, Ronaldo, Suarez, Cavani, Ramos, Messi.

Ibra, Robben, Ribery, Iniesta were all world class well into their 30's.

I mean, seriously, it's well known that 27-32 is generally a players peak. We should, in theory, have Sanchez for his peak years as a player. Your statement is just so silly.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
As somebody who always looks at the worst case, my worry is City have accepted this 'defeat' but will now go blow a ton on someone like Griezmann who I'd much rather have and would most likely be better
He is barca bound

Peanut Butter

Ffs just be happy we can still sign the likes of Pogba and Sanchez no?

Utd7

They will definitely pursue him but will likely fail because last I checked the Emptihad is in "rainy" Manchester and Greizmann clearly prefers staying Spain. He's going to Barca.

James Peril

Who else is getting near this kind of money?
If Sanchez was on a contract, you either pay 90M for him or you don’t get him at all. No matter what happens, we get a player much cheaper than what we would have if he had a normal contract. He is world-class and a match-winner, something we have lacked for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.