Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

Sometimes signings are more than what they bring to the team, it's also what they bring to the club. In signing Sanchez, he's an unarguable world class player that could start for any team in world football. In the tunnel lining up for big games, it's the kind of profile player that wins you games before kicking a football and long may it continue. Potential is great but we are also playing catch up so we equally need ready to hit the ground running genuine world class players, and he's most def it...

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
God, I'm getting sick of reading the Mkhitaryan bile.

The irony being the posters criticising him for trying to get a better deal are coming off as far more spoiled than the player himself.

Klopp_De_Klown

He probably said yes to joining Arsenal days ago. Now he just leaves it to his agent to get him the best deal possible.
This it's the most likely truth. Yes, Mr. Wenger, i will play for you, get your money men to talk to my agent and I'll see you in training once we sign. Neither wenger nor Mkhi are directly involved. It's all the negotiators at this stage

crossy1686

career ending
The abuse is mental for a player who has given all he can in the shirt, yeah he's been disappointing all things considered, but he's clearly a confidence player and he's got none, and when he's low in that department he can hardly control a ball. It's a shame, because he seems like a good bloke. A bunch of children on here spouting abuse and venom is so sad to see.
There isn't much abuse going round but everyone's pleased that we're swapping him for Sanchez, that's all.
I would definitely argue against a player who has given all for the shirt. He's given absolutely nothing and sulked. The briefing to the press was that the reason he was heading out the door was because he had a different footballing philosophy to Mourinho, so he's downed tools.

red4ever 79

God, I'm getting sick of reading the Mkhitaryan bile.

The irony being the posters criticising him for trying to get a better deal are coming off as far more spoiled than the player himself.
Perfectly entitled to ask for a raise. I dont know why we consider it different to any forms of employment. If my boss came to me and said, I want you to relocate somewhere else that I might not fancy, you think I will go for the same $$ dont be naive

Slops

Perfectly entitled to ask for a raise. I dont know why we consider it different to any forms of employment. If my boss came to me and said, I want you to relocate somewhere else that I might not fancy, you think I will go for the same $$ dont be naive
Move several levels down to Arsenal? Sure! Pay cut? Sounds great! Where do I sign?!

rockerlad

Unless they are back in the Champions League, then they will not attract a top manager, nor any top players, so I don't see how you think that they will.

Care to explain why anyone staff or player that is half decent, would join a team that is without Champions League football, nor looking likely to get it anytime soon??
We got Jose with out champions league football and pogba and zlatan. So it is possible

lococol

Im not a fan of giving our own players abuse but if this deal falls through due to a Mikis greed then he should be ostracised. He clearly couldnt give a feck about what's best for united. Take one for the team lad.

edgar allan

It well past the time for a cap on agents fees. Ideally players should pay them out of their salary or 1% maximum of the transfer.
They make barristers look like voluntary workers.

pacifictheme

Of course this will happen the fans and the manager like the idea of having Alexis Sanchez instead of Mkhi or we wouldn't have proposed him in the swap to begin with.

If Mkhi f#cks that up by demanding more money despite not at all deserving it or staying when he isnt really wanted, fans will turn on him and quickly.

Don't imagine Mourinho would be impressed either, Mkhi could end up with the Schweinstiger treatment and neither Mkhi or Raoila want that.
I doubt it. The club knows not to feck about with raoila. Hes agent to pogba, we don't want to make him an enemy. If this falls through the club will have to let miki back in. Raoila holds all the cards.

Slops

I'm not a fan of giving our own players abuse but if the deal falls through because of Mkhi, he should be set alight in the centre circle while the players have a group piss in the penalty box.
:houllier:

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
This, right here, is the issue I have with the defenders of Mkhi. Disclaimer: I genuinely loved us signing him at the time and backed him for ages.
The issue is that United now are indeed playing a counter-attacking style; all of Jose's greatest teams have done just that. Mkhi though isn't working. He runs quickly? Sure, but he has no end product of note and most of the time, his runs fizzle into the ball going into touch or being passed over to / won back by the opponent. Pace alone gets one nowhere, as we should have known since Bebe / Obertan and co.!

The issue here is one of trying to distort history. I've seen it before, but it's just boll*cks. We need to accept that some people just prove the 'Peter Principle' and Mkhi is one of them. There was Forlan who prospered when he stepped a level down from us - but it was clear as day that he'd had more than enough chances but wasn't good enough / didn't suit us. Solskjaer (true legend) was another that was a fantastic player for us - but not the best suited to be our starting striker. With Mkhi, he's just not good enough for us - or any team with designs on a title challenge. The guy is a game trier (when motivated and confident) and against mediocre / poor opposition like we faced in the EL last season, he does quite well, but he's never going to be a game-changer against good opposition.

Last season's EL run by the team and Mkhi papers over one significant fact - we had the easiest run we could have wished for and played no great teams; we still struggled over the line, despite having given up on the PL and not having any other "distractions". This run was not "Mkhi driving us on" but Mkhi having decent performances against poor opposition. Not one of those teams would be anything but cannon-fodder in the PL. Performing against them should really be a given!

That's why I shed no tears over his leaving. Don't rewrite history and let's stop picking up on individual qualities. Bebe could run (as could Obertan). We had Januzaj who (potentially) had some skill but lacked the mentality. The list is endless. Each player even in our academy has some skills - which is why they end up here. Only a few though, have the entire package it takes to be a regular and a first-choice. Mkhi, sadly for him and us, just isn't one of them.
Who is this Peter Principle you speak so highly of, is it Victoria's husband ?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
more like compensation
for what? He signed for a top club, he failed and despite his failure with us he's moving to another top club. He should be thanking his lucky stars instead. Carroll ended up playing for West Ham not Arsenal.

Needham

Can't get over this straight swap stuff. Surely we never get this lucky and always pay over the odds?

Tibs

Although I can't wait for this to go through, and it'll be a good deal if we pay nothing for him - Mkhi has the right to play hardball all day long.

If my employer tried to ship me off to some shit club(whilst I'm still in contract to them), I would want a couple of new houses, cars, big fish tank, and a garden of palm trees.

Mkhi has done nothing wrong here.

Sanchez on £350k a week though? Got to be £100k too much

MDFC Manager

I'm not a fan of giving our own players abuse but if the deal falls through because of Mkhi, he should be set alight in the centre circle while the players have a group piss in the penalty box.
Even white text couldn't save this train wreck.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This will drag through the month I feel. Raiola will work as hard as he can for the best possible deal.

BigdaftGorby

Although I can't wait for this to go through, and it'll be a good deal if we pay nothing for him - Mkhi has the right to play hardball all day long.

If my employer tried to ship me off to some shit club(whilst I'm still in contract to them), I would want a couple of new houses, cars, big fish tank, and a garden of palm trees.

Mkhi has done nothing wrong here.

Sanchez on £350k a week though? Got to be £100k too much
It is, £350k is what some people where quoting for Rooney a while back. There will caveats and bonus payments to make it around £350k but I guarantee you it won’t come out of Utds pocket.
Meaning it will come out as something other than wages and will be tax deductible.
Just a side note, are we really bothered what the club is paying? I mean in the grand scheme of things it’s not our money. Do we care how it’s spent? Or do we find we have to justify the amount when the ABU nation pulls silly numbers out of there arse?
Let’s face it this deal is nothing like it was first quoted by ballbag.

NJM78

If that was possible the transfer would have been done days ago. Everyone is saying Mikhi is an integral part of the deal.
This is what I had assumed so if it is 100% the case that we only get Sanchez if he Mkhi agrees to go to Arsenal, I'd be more vexed with the club than the player.

SirAF

Ageist
It is, £350k is what some people where quoting for Rooney a while back. There will caveats and bonus payments to make it around £350k but I guarantee you it won’t come out of Utds pocket.
Meaning it will come out as something other than wages and will be tax deductible.
Just a side note, are we really bothered what the club is paying? I mean in the grand scheme of things it’s not our money. Do we care how it’s spent? Or do we find we have to justify the amount when the ABU nation pulls silly numbers out of there arse?
Let’s face it this deal is nothing like it was first quoted by ballbag.
This. The club is wealthy and Woodward's minions have obviously done the math.. What's the issue?

NK86

I doubt it. The club knows not to feck about with raoila. Hes agent to pogba, we don't want to make him an enemy. If this falls through the club will have to let miki back in. Raoila holds all the cards.
I really don't understanding this "super agent" concept. They are agents, not players themselves. Many thought the same when we started moving away from the other super agent Jorge Mendes. If anything, Raiola should be wary of pissing us off. There are many players who want to play for us. They could easily change their agents for that.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Can we speed this up a little. I have a Kenwood Juicer to win if he signs by tomorrow. :cool:
You know what, I actually want to get myself a juicer of some sort, and have always been put off because in the back of my mind I feel I will one day win a Kenwood Juicer from RedCafe. :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Sort yourself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.