g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobtu

Anyone seen Lingard taking the piss on the united instagram story about Sanchez having a medical? He's so young in heart

sunama

Baghdad Bob

Mainoldo

You’ve got to say we have done well here. Took advantage of a player coming to the end of his contract by basically getting him on a free and giving them a player surplus to requirements. Way better than any proposed Man City January deal.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Alexis will be able to afford an Arsenal season ticket soon.

cu3

What a difference a week makes in football. You would have bet your nan on him joining City when the window opened - if not now then in the summer.
I love this game!

<insert-evra-dancing-gif>

Sterling Archer

Wenger really should hate City and Chelsea more than United.

Without the influx of money they had, he would have no trouble finishing top 4 and his reputation as a top coach wouldn't have plummeted over the last decade.
I have always felt this myself. The rivalry with United and Fergie was a classic. That decade was his finest. I miss it and I'm sure he does. I I think he respects us much more... His comments about earning the money we pay says it.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Liked Mkhi but he always had the demeanor of a beagle that had taken a dump in the living room while you were out and was waiting to be rumbled. Sanchez, on the other hand, is like the Boston Terrier that doesn't mind squaring up to Rottweilers.
:lol::lol::lol:

Handsome Devil

"I respect Man Utd because they generate the money they pay to the players with their own resources so you have to respect that."

Do you think this was just a compliment for us, or a slight dig at Man City?
The resident Bitters on here will already have their calculators and spreadsheet out feverishly composing a five hundred word rebuttal to This!

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
"I respect Man Utd because they generate the money they pay to the players with their own resources so you have to respect that."

Do you think this was just a compliment for us, or a slight dig at Man City?
Definite dig.

I can't believe the degree to which certain clubs essentially turning on cheat-mode has been ignored by the media. I remember when City were initially making their huge investments (before the won anything) there was a definite air of disdain towards them from parts of the media. Since they started winning, no-one seems to question the fact they're owned by a state, or that they broker the world's dodgiest sponsorship deals. Also, that the group that owns them are trying establish football clubs everywhere - how is this not spoken about?? Wenger comes from a time where football was't reliant on billionaire, sole-club owners. I know it sounds hypocritical to bring this up as we were cock of the walk then, but we were up there because the football club, since Fergie's arrival, was run incredibly well, and to that specific end-point. When we sign Sanchez, and everyone in the media questions the price, it's because of decades of success, planning, and running a business well. In other words, earned.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Sanchez and his agent will be paid handsomely. Micki was worth 25/30 Million so that's the transfer fee paid for Sanchez. Arsenal gets a player who they'll hope suits their system better.

We have hopefully a better player. I'm just concerned this transfer may effect Martial and Rashford.
Martial, Rashford and any other youngsters will need to step up.
If they were at Barca, Real, MCFC, Bayern, youngsters will know how high the standard is and they will work harder to achieve that standard.
If the youngsters are really that bad, then they won't make the grade and will leave for a lesser club.
Remember, we are not Southampton (ie. developing players, then selling them to LFC, for a good price, so they can pay their bills).

Status
Not open for further replies.