All ticket/travel information thread - 2016/17 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Wazza1

Quick question on travelling to Manchester for Watford on Feb 11. I will be in Dublin and I screwed up booking my flight from Dublin to Manchester. Is it possible to even do a day trip from Dublin to Manchester and back? Also is anyone else doing this? Thanks.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Quick question on travelling to Manchester for Watford on Feb 11. I will be in Dublin and I screwed up booking my flight from Dublin to Manchester. Is it possible to even do a day trip from Dublin to Manchester and back? Also is anyone else doing this? Thanks.
I've done it several times in the past. If the game is at 5.30 it might be a stretch though depending what time your flight is. Day trips are usually expensive though as Ryanair etc feck you in the ass.

Zebs

Unsuccessful in the ballot for Liverpool :(

Just looking for one ticket if anyone has one.

saivet

Tickets for West Ham on 2nd Jan to go on general sale tomorrow. Will have to sit with the home fans, but a heads up for anyone interested.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Anyone got their paper tickets for Reading yet?
No, still waiting. I'm sure the original text or email said they were being sent in the "next couple" of days. About a week ago.

No rush, but my work pal is taking them, and now neither of us are in on the same day beforehand...so it's more awkward than it has to be

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
United have sent out a survey which is worth filling out as it addresses a lot of things we have discussed in the past such as a ticket exchange for home and aways, safe-standing and the general away ticket distribution.
Wasn't going to bother completing it until I saw your post.
The ticket exchange questions figure a lot, so clearly they must be well into thoughts of bringing in. Would be ideal (depending on how much cut they want to take for admin)

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
No, still waiting. I'm sure the original text or email said they were being sent in the "next couple" of days. About a week ago.

No rush, but my work pal is taking them, and now neither of us are in on the same day beforehand...so it's more awkward than it has to be
I'm in the same position as you! I gave mine to a work colleague who is passing it on to a relative who is from Reading

Got mine today.
Hopefully I'll get mine tomorrow

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nothing today, so looks like it's a Wednesday job now, which is still 10days before.

ElQuesoGrande

Got a free spare for today's game. Decent ticket near the singing section as they call it. First person to message me can have it, already paid for.

Skills

Snitch
Can anyone get me a pair together for the new years eve game please?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Looking for tickets for West Ham (away) on Jan 2nd? Pref in away end with United fans, but will settle for general tickets.

Pls PM me ... happy to work out a deal :)

Last edited:

Zebs

Looking for a single for any home weekend game(s) for the rest of the season from Jan 1st.

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

Hi guys. I'm a One United member and about a year ago I was messing about on the website and applied for a season ticket (kind of not even serious as I had heard there were massive waiting lists). But today I got a call from United to ask whether I was still interested (I got all flustered and said yes of course!) and he then said I've been moved up to 'qualified' and that the next call I get from them would be to say I've got one. I'm brand new to all this stuff so was wondering if someone could answer a few questions..
  • Would this 'next call' be likely to be ages away or quite soon or no way to tell?!
  • I have a dilemma because I'm from NI and even though I'd probably get to about 8-10 games, won't get to them all and passing them on to mates will be difficult as most people will only be interested in a pair rather than a single ticket. So is there any way to change your interest to a pair rather than one? (Probably a ridiculous question but bear with me as I haven't got a clue!)
  • Finally, if I was only able to go for the single ticket and ended up getting one - would it be easy (and acceptable) to make them available to people here on the Café for matches that I couldn't attend and if so, going by peoples' past experiences - is it safe i.e posting your ticket and receiving it back on time etc?
Hope most of those weren't too silly and appreciate any advice anyone can provide, Cheers :)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hi guys. I'm a One United member and about a year ago I was messing about on the website and applied for a season ticket (kind of not even serious as I had heard there were massive waiting lists). But today I got a call from United to ask whether I was still interested (I got all flustered and said yes of course!) and he then said I've been moved up to 'qualified' and that the next call I get from them would be to say I've got one. I'm brand new to all this stuff so was wondering if someone could answer a few questions..
  • Would this 'next call' be likely to be ages away or quite soon or no way to tell?!
  • I have a dilemma because I'm from NI and even though I'd probably get to about 8-10 games, won't get to them all and passing them on to mates will be difficult as most people will only be interested in a pair rather than a single ticket. So is there any way to change your interest to a pair rather than one? (Probably a ridiculous question but bear with me as I haven't got a clue!)
  • Finally, if I was only able to go for the single ticket and ended up getting one - would it be easy (and acceptable) to make them available to people here on the Café for matches that I couldn't attend and if so, going by peoples' past experiences - is it safe i.e posting your ticket and receiving it back on time etc?
Hope most of those weren't too silly and appreciate any advice anyone can provide, Cheers :)
Hi mate, well done on considering the season ticket idea! I spent a while considering it, then finally one summer just leapt in. Good few seasons in now, and just a few tips and observations, a couple of comments you can read between the lines on.
  • Definitely get 2 tickets next to each other (shouldn't be a problem, just not in the most popular areas). Much easier to pass on a pair, as only oddballs or locals will want to take singles.
  • Think carefully through who can be in your "pool" of people that make things easier. Two pools - people to go with, and people to pass tickets to. I probably have a pool of about 30 people, who take between 0-6 a season from me. People's circumstances change, a good option to take some may suddenly drop out with kids/job change etc, so you need to continually find new people for your pool. If you have any work offices near to Manchester those can be a real saver. Some of those awkward to shift midweeks are easier to place with locals.
  • Even with a large pool, you WILL find the odd game a season hard to shift. You have to be relentless with your hassling of people to take games at times. As a general rule, if they haven't "let you know" that'll be a no. Move onto the next option. Run out of options, and that's when this place is decent, or local FB groups but be very careful of the below.
  • The rules say you can "pass your ticket to a friend/family member for free". The rules say you cannot sell on, even for face value. They can and will ban you, for a huge 3 years I believe, and you won't get a refund for the rest of the season! Remind anyone that takes your tickets that they have been "passed them free by their very generous season ticket holder mate"
  • Only offer out games when the date/time has been confirmed. That makes such a difference! Someone who could definitely make a weekend may not make a Monday night.
  • Sort arrangements out well before the game. If they won't commit to the arrangement early on, it's so much easier for them to drop out, leaving you scampering around at the last min. If someone lets you down and it's not a really good reason, ditch them from your pool and move on.
  • Beware the quick turnaround games, say a Saturday/Tuesday combo. Try and get the same people to take the pair of games, or it can be really stress to arrange.
  • You are obliged to buy all FA Cup home games (this can be dangerous if United draw away, as the replay will generally be a midweeker 10days on). You can opt out of League cup and Europa, but have to buy any champions league home games if we're in it.
  • Always go recorded delivery/special delivery (if you need next day) for safety. You can get someone to collect paper tickets on the day, but you don't want any extra faff.
  • Fingers crossed they introduce a ticket exchange system next season. That'd make a lot of the above unnecessary, as long as your tickets stand out from the crowd as being active to someone to want! (or it's a big game!)
Right mate, sorry that's a bit overblown, but i'd say that should give you plenty to think about!!

Last edited:

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

Hi mate, well done on considering the season ticket idea! I spent a while considering it, then finally one summer just leapt in. Good few seasons in now, and just a few tips and observations, a couple of comments you can read between the lines on.
  • Definitely get 2 tickets next to each other (shouldn't be a problem, just not in the most popular areas). Much easier to pass on a pair, as only oddballs or locals will want to take singles.
  • Think carefully through who can be in your "pool" of people that make things easier. Two pools - people to go with, and people to pass tickets to. I probably have a pool of about 30 people, who take between 0-6 a season from me. People's circumstances change, a good option to take some may suddenly drop out with kids/job change etc, so you need to continually find new people for your pool. If you have any work offices near to Manchester those can be a real saver. Some of those awkward to shift midweeks are easier to place with locals.
  • Even with a large pool, you WILL find the odd game a season hard to shift. You have to be relentless with your hassling of people to take games at times. As a general rule, if they haven't "let you know" that'll be a no. Move onto the next option. Run out of options, and that's when this place is decent, or local FB groups but be very careful of the below.
  • The rules say you can "pass your ticket to a friend/family member for free". The rules say you cannot sell on, even for face value. They can and will ban you, for a huge 3 years I believe, and you won't get a refund for the rest of the season! Remind anyone that takes your tickets that they have been "passed them free by their very generous season ticket holder mate"
  • Only offer out games when the date/time has been confirmed. That makes such a difference! Someone who could definitely make a weekend may not make a Monday night.
  • Sort arrangements out well before the game. If they won't commit to the arrangement early on, it's so much easier for them to drop out, leaving you scampering around at the last min. If someone lets you down and it's not a really good reason, ditch them from your pool and move on.
  • Beware the quick turnaround games, say a Saturday/Tuesday combo. Try and get the same people to take the pair of games, or it can be really stress to arrange.
  • You are obliged to buy all FA Cup home games (this can be dangerous if United draw away, as the replay will generally be a midweeker 10days on). You can opt out of League cup and Europa, but have to buy any champions league home games if we're in it.
  • Always go recorded delivery/special delivery (if you need next day) for safety. You can get someone to collect paper tickets on the day, but you don't want any extra faff.
  • Fingers crossed they introduce a ticket exchange system next season. That'd make a lot of the above unnecessary, as long as your tickets stand out from the crowd as being active to someone to want! (or it's a big game!)
Right mate, sorry that's a bit overblown, but i'd say that should give you plenty to think about!!

That is such a helpful reply, I appreciate that big time mate thanks a lot. I've emailed to ask if I can be considered for a pair of tickets rather than just the one as I really don't think it would be worth my while with just the single. You gave me lots to think about, hopefully I'll have my mind made up by the time they come back to me, however long that'll be! Thanks again pal

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
That is such a helpful reply, I appreciate that big time mate thanks a lot. I've emailed to ask if I can be considered for a pair of tickets rather than just the one as I really don't think it would be worth my while with just the single. You gave me lots to think about, hopefully I'll have my mind made up by the time they come back to me, however long that'll be! Thanks again pal
If it makes anything easier, if you decide to get the pair and you advertised here I would take a lot of the spares off your hands.

Me and my girlfriend live in castlefield and can basically see the stadium from our flat, and we are always looking for pairs.

Not saying I'll have all the cup games and every spare mind, but most PL games and any cups I could afford I'd take. Getting the odd spare on here seems easy but the the pairs are snapped up really quick.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
We can't afford 2 season tickets at the moment, but I like to get to 6/7 games a season when I can.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We can't afford 2 season tickets at the moment, but I like to get to 6/7 games a season when I can.
There is one obvious solution to formalise this...you and the lad above team up and share a pair!

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

Just off the phone to ticketing. Applying for a pair will not be a problem so my mate is going in on it along with me. The guy said he reckons I'll hear back from them around Feb! Great stuff

manutdrphenomenal

Hi

If i need a couple of tickets for a one off home game (league), ideally looking to get it a couple of weeks in advance. What is the best way to go about this. Right now i am not sure which game but i want to know how i should go about it so that i can starting looking for different games until i get them for one game at least. Thanks.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Looking for tickets for West Ham (away) on Jan 2nd? Pref in away end with United fans, but will settle for general tickets.

Pls PM me ... happy to work out a deal :)

faipdeooiad

Supports
Mata For Powell
Single spare available for Reading & Hull, J stand.

Available separately for FV (£39) or £75 for both games.

PM if interested - available for collection/meet up in Denton/Manchester/Stockport area up until weds this week but I'll be in Edinburgh with work thursday to Sunday, so can meet there if you live up there.