All ticket/travel information thread - 2017/18 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

mark_a

That sounds fraught with issues. One gets in one doesn't. If you both get in you're both sat on your own etc.

There's surely loads in the same boat as you chaps (including me), be it first 3 years season ticket holders, or those who simply didn't apply for an away
Fingers crossed!

It sounds encouraging that 2 years ago they found a way for full credits people to go.
Ah, it's all about getting the ticket(s) and less about being sat together! At OT he sits in East stand & I'm in West! We usually travel together as we would to the final. It's more about if we'll help or hinder our application by applying together.

Also, the ticket office said the semi-final wouldn't count in terms of credits for final application. I called them about this as I couldn't attend the semi & wanted to be sure!

ASHTON-RED

I understand what your saying mate

Just applied for tickets and they are using last Saturday game as a away game so hopefully gives me a better chance now as there was a lot of returns for the semifinal
Hi mate, when you say 'last Saturday', do you mean the semi final? Did they tell you that?

mark_a

If they are using the semi I think a lot of fans will be kicking themselves right now. I would imagine anyone with all home credits + the semi will get sorted.
If they're counting the semi then they're absolutely contradicting what they were saying before the semi as I phoned up and asked "Will my applying for the semi count when applying for final tickets" to which the answer was "No"

If they're counting the semi then they're absolutely contradicting what they were saying before the semi as I phoned up and asked "Will my applying for the semi count when applying for final tickets" to which the answer was "No"
I think we need to get to the bottom of this, who's calling them?

Not me, I've got 10 or so away credits... phew!

ZupZup

I phoned up and asked the same question myself before the semi-final and the guy I spoke to said it hadn't been decided yet... although they hadn't done so in the past. Basically, no promises.

mark_a

I phoned up and asked the same question myself before the semi-final and the guy I spoke to said it hadn't been decided yet... although they hadn't done so in the past. Basically, no promises.
Normally I'd call a couple of times as I've found in the past you can sometimes get different answers from different people in the ticket office.

ASHTON-RED

I have spoken to 3 people in ticket office today and they have told me that the semi final is a away ticket and stand a good chance in getting tickets
Good work. I did try and call them before but was on hold for ages. I'd say three calls is probably wise when dealing with that lot!

Decipher

Hi, just a question for next season. Let's say I can't make some cup games on my season ticket but I do not opt out and buy all the tickets. Is there a chance of me getting a final ticket if it is the same scenario next season?

Last edited by a moderator:

oldhand

My 3 are Europa league final, city and semi final. Lol will these 3 fixtures stand or just city?
Heard that you will be ok in 1st ballot with 2 aways (city/wembley), those on 1 not certain (if everybody applies) but given a number won't apply and also there will be 100's of cancellations like 2 years ago and so there will be lots of callbacks or 2nd ballot.

Seem to remember you got city tickets in the ballot, maybe you're a good omen

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Normally I'd call a couple of times as I've found in the past you can sometimes get different answers from different people in the ticket office.
The ticket office is useless. I got misinformation and contradiction on at least three points when they screwed up my semi-final application.

manc_lass13

Transfer Voyeur
Heard that you will be ok in 1st ballot with 2 aways (city/wembley), those on 1 not certain (if everybody applies) but given a number won't apply and also there will be 100's of cancellations like 2 years ago and so there will be lots of callbacks or 2nd ballot.

Seem to remember you got city tickets in the ballot, maybe you're a good omen
Oh I really hope I get them. I’ve put my friend on my application. Went for cat 2.

Find out Friday evening apparently :)

JonSlu

My instinct would be that the semi final does not count as an away game just like you don't get any European credits for applying for the Europa League Final and the Super Cup.

mark_a

The ticket office is useless. I got misinformation and contradiction on at least three points when they screwed up my semi-final application.
Yep. I normally do it as I think in big organisations, if you're asking a question that's not common or not that obvious you can sometimes get varied answers. I didn't this time as in 2016 the semi didn't count, or at least I don't think it did from what I remember.

I'm really annoyed now!

GeorgieBoy

"Tickets for the Emirates FA Cup final are priced at £45, £70, £115 and £145 for adults, with a saving of £25 for concession tickets in Category 1 and 2 and a saving of £10 in Category 3 and 4."

I'll more than likely qualify for tickets, but anything above £70 I just can't justify paying. Ridiculous.

oldhand

Oh I really hope I get them. I’ve put my friend on my application. Went for cat 2.

Find out Friday evening apparently :)
Probably not, they took longer than that for the semi and the website says

Applications for the game are open now, and will close at 08:00 BST on Friday 27 April (although pricing will not be confirmed until later in the day). The ballot will begin immediately after applications close and is expected to take up to 72 hours to complete. Visit manutd.com/tickets to apply.

but don't worry, so long as you are both on 2 aways with 7 home cup credits you will definitely get

oldhand

Hi, just a question for next season. Let's say I can't make some cup games on my season ticket but I do not opt out and buy all the tickets. Is there a chance of me getting a final ticket if it is the same scenario next season?
Unless they change things, yes. There were lots of empty season ticket holders seats at Burton, Derby and Brighton cup games, it could have wiped out thousands....but they are only interested in payment at the moment. That could change of course sometime in the future, the technology to do it isn't that complicated

Last edited:

redchamp

Unless they change things, yes. There were lots of empty season ticket holders seats at Burton, Derby and Brighton cup games, it could have wiped out thousands....but they are only interested in payment at the moment. That could change of course sometime in the future, the technology to do it isn't that complicated
If they started looking at attendance as well, you could still get around it by giving your ticket to someone else though couldn't you? Tough one to police.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
We usually find out on the night as they start to take out the money and it sometimes appears in your account on the club website with official confirmation a day or two later.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The official United site confirms we'll get "Over 28,000" tickets then.

Does anyone have any insiders who might be able to find out the number of 7 credit holders?

manc_lass13

Transfer Voyeur

Applications for the game are open now, and will close at 08:00 BST on Friday 27 April (although pricing will not be confirmed until later in the day). The ballot will begin immediately after applications close and is expected to take up to 72 hours to complete. Visit manutd.com/tickets to apply.

but don't worry, so long as you are both on 2 aways with 7 home cup credits you will definitely get
Nope only me but I’m sure it stated to use the person with the aways as the main applicant? He only has the semi. Just reread the email. It seems they will go off his away applications. We are probably out then sadly! How annoying

Last edited:

Neil67

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2021/22
Our group don’t know what to do about applying together as we have 7 with full credits but only two of us have 7 away applications, three have 5 and one has 4. So if we all apply together it will go down to the lowest (4) away application! Stupid way of doing it, we all went the semi and sat together!!

Our group don’t know what to do about applying together as we have 7 with full credits but only two of us have 7 away applications, three have 5 and one has 4. So if we all apply together it will go down to the lowest (4) away application! Stupid way of doing it, we all went the semi and sat together!!
I’d suggest the two with 7 apply together & the other 4 do the same if you want to be 100% certain.

You say it’s stupid but I’m sure this system will ensure you all get tickets, not including away apps would have you all at massive risk of getting chubbed.

ReddyMcRedface

Does anyone know if the club publish the numbers anywhere regarding Red, Silver, Gold and Platinum season ticket holders? Or even just have a rough idea of the percentage split between them?

If, as has been mentioned previously, there are only 29,000 with 7/7 home credits, then it wouldn't surprise me if at least 5,000 of those are on a Red ticket and aren't allowed to apply for aways. So even with 1 away (plus the semi if it does count) people should be guaranteed.

I'm a bit nervous, I go with my old man who has no interest in away days any more so we've not applied for any for a couple of years. Missed out in 2007 and 2016, hoping for a change of luck this time round.

Reactions: Rood

oldhand

Decipher

Thanks for that, it can be difficult to make certain games due to work commitments etc. I am surprised we do not have a ticket exchange built into our ticketing platform like some of the other clubs do.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Does anyone know if the club publish the numbers anywhere regarding Red, Silver, Gold and Platinum season ticket holders? Or even just have a rough idea of the percentage split between them?

If, as has been mentioned previously, there are only 29,000 with 7/7 home credits, then it wouldn't surprise me if at least 5,000 of those are on a Red ticket and aren't allowed to apply for aways. So even with 1 away (plus the semi if it does count) people should be guaranteed.

I'm a bit nervous, I go with my old man who has no interest in away days any more so we've not applied for any for a couple of years. Missed out in 2007 and 2016, hoping for a change of luck this time round.
Never seen any numbers for that - I reckon it will probably be a fair bit lower than 5k but Im just guessing

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This 29,000 figure with 7 credits people keep quoting,has this come from regulus' guess on this thread, or somewhere certain?
55,000 season ticket holders down to 29,000 is one heck of an opt out percentage for one game

The 30k has reduced to 29k this season but the number of tickets are possibly being reduced to less than the 28k we got against Palace. Unless people are put off by prices the tickets will go to the 29k who opted in
This 29,000 figure with 7 credits people keep quoting,has this come from regulus' guess on this thread, or somewhere certain?
55,000 season ticket holders down to 29,000 is one heck of an opt out percentage for one game
Think it originally came from oldhand and I repeated it. However, I think now that you were probably right in that more than expected bought the single home league cup game. It must surely be the case considering the criteria United are now using for allocations.

ASHTON-RED

That information comes from a reputable source. A supporter who is elected to deal with the club on these issues and obtain information for fans. It's reliable.

I would add that the reason this criteria is being put in place (and it's not a new thing BTW) is also because the club will be running a staff trip and have their sponsors etc to keep happy which will eat into the allocation even more.

JK-27

Wembley has a capacity of 90,000, and the media have reported that 28,000 tickets are going to Utd and Chelsea. So where are the other 34,000 being distributed?

Wembley has a capacity of 90,000, and the media have reported that 28,000 tickets are going to Utd and Chelsea. So where are the other 34,000 being distributed?
Same as always @JK-27:

56,000: For fans of the two final teams.
14,000: For members of the FA’s “football family” – which includes volunteers representing counties, leagues, local clubs and charities.
20,000: Sponsors, Club Wembley season ticket holders etc etc*

*Club Wembley has a total of 17,500 seats and so is always "removed" from the capacity, meaning the actual capacity for full allocations is 72,500.

That information comes from a reputable source. A supporter who is elected to deal with the club on these issues and obtain information for fans. It's reliable.

I would add that the reason this criteria is being put in place (and it's not a new thing BTW) is also because the club will be running a staff trip and have their sponsors etc to keep happy which will eat into the allocation even more.
It's 100% the first time in at least a decade that "domestic away points" have been used as criteria for cup final allocation.

ReddyMcRedface

Same as always @JK-27:

56,000: For fans of the two final teams.
14,000: For members of the FA’s “football family” – which includes volunteers representing counties, leagues, local clubs and charities.
20,000: Sponsors, Club Wembley season ticket holders etc etc*

*Club Wembley has a total of 17,500 seats and so is always "removed" from the capacity, meaning the actual capacity for full allocations is 72,500.
The Club Wembley thing takes the piss, 90% of them end up back in the hands of the club fans anyway. Usually at well above face value. Most 'football family' ones do as well.

I've only been to Wembley half a dozen times but it always ends up looking like a 50/50 split from within the ground.

The Club Wembley thing takes the piss, 90% of them end up back in the hands of the club fans anyway. Usually at well above face value. Most 'football family' ones do as well.

I've only been to Wembley half a dozen times but it always ends up looking like a 50/50 split from within the ground.
Agreed, but the FA needed money and fast after building Wembley, hence the 10 year club Wembley season tickets. Sadly though, Wembley has been built that way, just like the Emirates, that entire middle tier will always be full cooperate and owners will always be authorised to resell their facilities.

Taking that away though, it should still be a ground with a huge capacity of 72,500.

The big issue with that though, is as you say "the football family" tickets, most of which are taken by FA affiliated clubs and sold on the black market.

JonSlu

Thanks for that, it can be difficult to make certain games due to work commitments etc. I am surprised we do not have a ticket exchange built into our ticketing platform like some of the other clubs do.
The club allow you to use other people's season tickets as long as it's not an adult using a concessionary ticket eg. over 65. A friend of mine is a member but his Grandad, who is over 65, is a season ticket holder. If he can't make it then my mate goes in his place and has to call up United and pay the difference in price.

For away games this season they have also brought in a ticket forwarding systems but I imagine you can only receive tickets if you have a season ticket that is eligible for away games.

Last edited by a moderator:

redchamp

Agreed, but the FA needed money and fast after building Wembley, hence the 10 year club Wembley season tickets. Sadly though, Wembley has been built that way, just like the Emirates, that entire middle tier will always be full cooperate and owners will always be authorised to resell their facilities.

Taking that away though, it should still be a ground with a huge capacity of 72,500.

The big issue with that though, is as you say "the football family" tickets, most of which are taken by FA affiliated clubs and sold on the black market.
Just checked the prices on ticketbis out of curiosity, they are truly frightening. I will be sorted through the club via official means as an Exec anyway, but feel sorry for those genuine guys who will be priced out by this nonsense.