6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

CM

Did well in the first couple of minutes after he came on but barely got the ball again after that. I think we'll see the best of him when he's playing with the proper first team players

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
2-3 years away from being ready. He looks a huge talent though.

Devil may care

The sloth pace the game was played at didn't help him or Shola but he had a couple of nice moments.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Looks like he needs a loan imo, very likely too good for the under 23's but looks no where near ready for our first team

Send him to a good club in Germany and I expect he'd rip it up

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I don’t think I’ll be watching the highlights from this game anytime soon :)

I think he’s very likely to get sub minutes in the league this season because it looks like he can beat a man in congested areas. Later on in the game against tired legs that can make all the difference for us and he gets his development minutes. He looks direct so when we play with some Intensity he’ll hopefully be able to show what he can do. I think he’ll break through properly next season but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him involved in some late goals or assists before the end of the season.

Raven

Gut feeling, based on what I've seen among other things. He's a natural. He just has IT.
I actually agree, the way he moves and touches the ball is special. We haven't seen it too much obviously and I don't want to get carried away but I do see him as our RW, probably next season.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Poor from Ole not to start him. By the time he was put on the game was in the bin.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think he looks like a brilliant talent but I definitely think he's a bit further away than most people would care to admit. He is absolutely tiny. And not wirey small where he can handle himself physically despite being short. He just seems like a kid physically still, because, well, he is still a kid. The talent will see him through so im sure he gets some sub appearances and some games next season, but I don't expect him to be a key player next year like Rashford was when he broke through right away. Think he'll be used cautiously unless he really develops quickly from a physical perspective.

Matt851

Really should have started, obviously wouldnt have been 'unfair' on him. Had a decent amount of time on the pitch but barely got the ball and the tie was dead in the second half so hard for him to impress

Hoof the ball

It's difficult to tell anything from that game because when you play someone with little experience in a team that has subbed in players with scarcely more quality and/experience then it's always going to be difficult. Amad playing in front of AWB and Fred is monumentally different than playing in front of Williams and Tuanzebe. That has to be factored into this. This is also why people want Amad to start games like these; so that they can play with the best group of players and not the inferior group.

laughtersassassin

People saying he is nowhere near ready cause he came on in a game the team wasn't even trying to do anything.

The simple truth is we haven't seen enough either way.

He is clearly very skillful and has a great workrate. So the only question is if his lightweight frame will hold him back too much at the start. With that it's too early to say. There are plenty of players who can thrive without billing up.

Teja

Thought he was poor apart from one dribble and 1-2 decent passes.

There was one instance where he took a poor touch from a simple pass and gave the ball away leading to a counter. A couple of times I thought he gave the ball away too easily. I think a couple of misplaced passes as well, but don't really remember them clearly.

Looks like he can dribble well in tight spaces but fairly lightweight and not ready for PL yet.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Can't draw any conclusions in the time he was on. La Real were defending deep and setup to contain us and we also didn't take any risk which meant Amad didn't get many touches. But I did like how he was shoved in the back in one particular passage of play and still got his pass off. His strength is good for a small player.

OrcaFat

He doesn’t look ready for regular first team selection. He’s young and small. He may progress very quickly and break through next year.

Ole is doing the right thing in giving him a few mins here and there; it’s pretty clear we have high hopes for the lad and he’s closer to being ready than most of the other 23s.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is why I wanted to start him.

we now don’t know if he’s good enough or not, we just know he wasn’t involved in the game due to too many subs and a dead tie with only 1 side trying.

to me he looked ready, just took a few nervous touches here and there but was pressing nicely, made a few nice passes. His first game at old Trafford so not surprising.

SuperiorXI

Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-do
I have a perfect puzzle for you
Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-dee
If you are wise, you'll listen to me

What do you do when there's no right winger
And your team is lacking a proper winner
Why do you keep playing James like that
What do you think will come of that?

(I don't like the look of it)

Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-da
If you play Diallo, you will go far!
We will live in happiness too
Like the Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-do
Give it a go in the stadium

stevoc

SAF replaced Beckham with Ronaldo no? after ronaldinho move failed to materialize. His plan was Ole for RW with ronaldo as heir apparent. Never worked out with Ole injuries but he just waited for Ronaldo to mature.
Yep much like we took a punt on Diallo after failing to sign Sancho. Back then we almost certainly would have been a better side with Ronaldinho in his prime between 2003-06.

If United decide to buy a RW in addition to Amad, I have no issues. If they think Amad is the solution, fine lets see what he can do. All I want is for the RW to be taken care of after what 10 yrs.
Same here mate, we've fecked about for too long with duds who aren't wingers like Mata and Lingard on the right over the last 8 years. And it's cost us, even now we're shoehorning the likes of Rashford and Greenwood into the position instead of just buying someone who's comfortable there.

Btw age is not an issue. Don't see what Mengi has to do with this.
Age isn't an issue no but experience is, Diallo right now is not ready to be a first team player in my opinion and might not be for a few more years yet. We need someone to come in like Bruno and be a top player right away. I explained the Mengi comparison.

stevoc

We seemed to just attack up Rashford's side when we decided we were arsed.

And then Rashford wasn't arsed.

Saw no involvement from Amad as a result
Well the teams been doing that for years mostly because we haven't had anyone decent on the right for so long.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
People need to be patient, he's a kid with no experience of senior level football, and people think he should've started that game? :houllier:

I guess they didn't notice Greenwoods defensive contribution in the first half.

Yeah, feck it, let's start him, at least we'll be able to slate him after we concede due to AWB being left isolated.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Reading the thread, it almost impossible to figure out if Amed is going to be the GOAT or a dud. ''He should have started, a mistake by Ole'' to ''he is years away from being a starter''!

:houllier::houllier::houllier:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I'm happy enough to see him being given a chance. I mean what do you expect him to do in a match like that? to score 3 goals? it's unfair to rate him based on that match.

mav_9me

2-3 years away from being ready. He looks a huge talent though.
Looks like he needs a loan imo, very likely too good for the under 23's but looks no where near ready for our first team

Send him to a good club in Germany and I expect he'd rip it up
Couldn't disagree more.

Right now he is on Greenwoods trajectory or a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.