5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
No fear performance so far. Since team have no strikers, he's playing for two players there.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
One of the standout players, ignoring the regulars like AWB, Varane & Martinez, I thought that Mainoo, Hannibal, Fernandez and Diallo all looked really promising with probably Hannibal and Diallo the two that I think could have a place this year

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Him and Anthony should be a good fight for the RW spot, stylistically they are both quite similar. Small, fast but not the fastest, low centre of gravity, good in tight spaces and more like pass and go then going 1v1 regularly. Antony with a better built and more drilled player, Amad more flair.

Antony will need to up his numbers ( should be a good second season for him with a proper striker ahead of him and better chemistry with either fullback)
Amad would need to work on his work rate and physicality, both can play 60/30 minutes of the game withoutus losing the shape.

BTW it's still pretty lauhgable that people think that Amad will displace Antony and is already much better. The step up is still very big to the Prem but I don't doubt that if Antony doesn't get going this second season he will give chances to Amad.

If the two are not performing then we could have Pelistri or dare I say Sancho there...

Valencia Shin Crosses

Him and Anthony should be a good fight for the RW spot, stylistically they are both quite similar. Small, fast but not the fastest, low centre of gravity, good in tight spaces and more like pass and go then going 1v1 regularly. Antony with a better built and more drilled player, Amad more flair.

Antony will need to up his numbers ( should be a good second season for him with a proper striker ahead of him and better chemistry with either fullback)
Amad would need to work on his work rate and physicality, both can play 60/30 minutes of the game withoutus losing the shape.

BTW it's still pretty lauhgable that people think that Amad will displace Antony and is already much better. The step up is still very big to the Prem but I don't doubt that if Antony doesn't get going this second season he will give chances to Amad.

If the two are not performing then we could have Pelistri or dare I say Sancho there...
You think it’s laughable that Amad could displace Antony?Antonys calling card as of now for us is ball retention and good work rate. It’s not like he showed much in front of goal or creatively (or even taking players on a la Garnacho)

Devil You Know

I don't think he gave EtH too much to think about with today's performance. Outside of a couple of neat cutbacks, he was a mix of invisible and sloppy.

There's definitely more to come from this lad. I'd love to see him cement a place on the bench at least.

bringbackbebe

Is Amad the most over rated young player in Caf? He looked OK but no where near the quality needed to break into our first team - plently of other young players who did a lot more. Emeran looked an upgrade to Amad in the second half.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is Amad the most over rated young player in Caf? He looked OK but no where near the quality needed to break into our first team - plently of other young players who did a lot more. Emeran looked an upgrade to Amad in the second half.
Has Emeran been one of the better wide players in the championship at 18/19? I think people do go slightly overboard with him but his natural talent is a cut above most other youngsters.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Amad's a playmaking winger. Players like Emeran and Ganarcho will always look more impressive with their direct running in the one-off games.

bringbackbebe

Has Emeran been one of the better wide players in the championship at 18/19? I think people do go slightly overboard with him but his natural talent is a cut above most other youngsters.
Amad's a playmaking winger. Players like Emeran and Ganarcho will always look more impressive with their direct running in the one-off games.
I'm not implying Emeran is a better player than Amad, just that Amad looks nowhere near the quality that will be necessary to compete with Antony or even Pellistri in the right. Maybe another loan will do him good.

sglowrider

I'm not implying Emeran is a better player than Amad, just that Amad looks nowhere near the quality that will be necessary to compete with Antony or even Pellistri in the right. Maybe another loan will do him good.
I love amad. But I have always said that he needs another year out on loan -- for his own development -- before coming back to compete against Antony

Glorio

People overrate Amad, yes - however, you may just be overrating Antony too, as based on actual performances, he rarely looks anything special himself

Telsim

The only one of the youngsters that looked close to ready for the men's team. If he can translate that to Premier League football, I'd start him ahead of everyone else on the RW. He has the potential to offer a lot more than Antony.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Not sure we can gather too much from yesterday's minutes, looked good on the ball but tried to do way too much with it,
And played some extremely sloppy passes.

Perhaps too keen to shine and ended up being outshone by some of the other youngsters.

Good for him to get a full pre season with the squad though, will help to see where he is.

Smores

Ah the usual people situ where those who haven't bothered to watch him then judge him on the first preseason game :lol:

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
I’ll be surprised if he makes it into the first team this season. Another loan would be best I think.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If Elanga is out surely there's a place for him in the squad.

Ten hag seems lukewarm on Pellestri also.

Sylar

He got into some really great positions, but couldnt hit the target. But I was impressed with the few times he managed to hold the ball with his back towards goal and a defender was on him.
Reckon him challenging Antony would be great (and better than sticking Bruno out there). Thinking Pellestri gets a loan.

Trex

He needs to outperform Sancho and possibly Antony during this period to force his way into ETH plans. It's only preseason but if he's looking the better player, no chance ETH will send him out on loan considering ETH wouldn't have been pleased with Sancho level last season.

daba

He needs to outperform Sancho and possibly Antony during this period to force his way into ETH plans. It's only preseason but if he's looking the better player, no chance ETH will send him out on loan considering ETH wouldn't have been pleased with Sancho level last season.
IMO we should be loaning Pellistri out to ideally a Prem side. We saw the impact of having a left footer on the right last year, so if Antony is out for a period we need Amad there. Pellistri was a good impact sub in the occasional game and I don’t think he’s a bad player, just not a player who I can see really challenging for a starting place. Put him in the shop window to a mid-table or lower team and if he has a good season there is a +£30m player there in waiting.

With Elanga departing permanently that leaves us with:

LW: Rashford, Garnacho & Sancho
RW: Antony, Amad, Sancho

Which i think is a really good mix and depth of forwards. Add in the fact Bruno and Mount can also put a shift in there too we’re well stocked.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
We’re being linked with a move for him as a replacement for Barnes so assume it would be a permanent deal

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If he's going on loan it needs to be to a Premier League club. He needs proper experience now.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
We’re being linked with a move for him as a replacement for Barnes so assume it would be a permanent deal
Doubt it. You're not going to spend all your Maddison money on him surely, and I think everyone sees him as a Prem player so not sure why he would opt for that. Loan with a view to buying if you get promoted might be more of a chance I would have thought.

sglowrider

The management team would never sell him at this point without ever giving him a chance at the 1st team. Even Elanga got his chance. Besides, I think he has said that if its a loan to a championship team, he rather go back to Sunderland and be the 'main man' there.

CM

Amad certainly possesses more quality than Pellistri at this moment in time. Pellistri is quick and direct but lacking in many aspects of his game still.

NoPace

Eh, he had a pretty great season for Sunderland at the same age that say James Maddison emerged as a great Champo player.

I haven't seen much of Emeran, but I think Amad is probably worth about what we bought him for.

daba

Not sure about that one buddy. Loan maybe, but I think he and we are targeting a prem loan if that is the decided plan for this season.

To buy him you’re looking at min £40m which you aren’t doing in the championship I’m afraid.

Red00012

If Elanga is out surely there's a place for him in the squad.

Ten hag seems lukewarm on Pellestri also.
If he’s going to be just replacing Elanga who didn’t get a kick last season and rightly so , he’s better off on loan next season. Amad is of no use to us sitting on the bench for the season.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If he’s going to be just replacing Elanga who didn’t get a kick last season and rightly so , he’s better off on loan next season. Amad is of no use to us sitting on the bench for the season.
Just because Elanga didn't get a kick doesn't mean Amad won't. He's not going to be an immediate starter. Even Garnacho isn't a nailed on starter at this point.

IRN-BRUno

Burnley and Sheffield United are also interested in loaning him. Leicester would be rather pointless, we know what he's capable of in the Championship. Giving him the chance in pre-season to force his way into the team is the right decision, if at that point Ten Hag doesn't feel he's quite ready then either of those two PL sides would be a decent move.

GazTheLegend

The management team would never sell him at this point without ever giving him a chance at the 1st team. Even Elanga got his chance. Besides, I think he has said that if its a loan to a championship team, he rather go back to Sunderland and be the 'main man' there.
They will definitely sell Amad even if they get a chance to make their money back on him. He's a good player but he won't make it at Manchester United. Maybe I'm wrong and it will be seen as a mistake in the years to come, and I do fully expect Diallo will have a good career in the game but it won't be for us. The same goes for quite a few of our players I expect. Too good for the championship, maybe good premier league players eventually, but in the end can you really see Diallo getting to the level of Kevin de Bruyne or Bruno Fernandes or Roberto Firmino? I can't see it and that's the minimum we require. Garnacho is a league above him already quality wise.

The No.10!

They will definitely sell Amad even if they get a chance to make their money back on him. He's a good player but he won't make it at Manchester United. Maybe I'm wrong and it will be seen as a mistake in the years to come, and I do fully expect Diallo will have a good career in the game but it won't be for us. The same goes for quite a few of our players I expect. Too good for the championship, maybe good premier league players eventually, but in the end can you really see Diallo getting to the level of Kevin de Bruyne or Bruno Fernandes or Roberto Firmino? I can't see it and that's the minimum we require. Garnacho is a league above him already quality wise.
Understand where you are coming from but putting Firmino in the same sentence as De Bruyne and Bruno is a bit much, isn't it?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I liked some of his work rate and some of his bursts of speed. We know he has the technique, and I think he can be somewhere similar to Antony and Sancho. All 3 of them are young and not an issue at all if we keep him as part of that rotation. But I don't think any of the 3 have the potential that Garnacho has or don't think they can reach Rashfords level. Which isn't a problem, but just generally speaking. On one hand think it'd be better for amad to get a PL loan so he plays regularly, on the other hand he can be a good squad player and good Antony competition right away.

Abraxas

I don't see anything that's particularly better about Antony compared to Amad. Which is strange given how hard we went for Antony.