Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Has the world gone made, players gets injured, misses few games and suddenly he's leaving..
Newspapers read the caf, any theories we conjure up usually get turned into print

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Yup, watch out for his body language tomorrow. He's sure to wave goodbye to the home crowd.
Hasn't been here long enough to miss United when he leaves. Three fecking months from his league debut.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
In the interview on MUTV, Ander says he understands there are a lot of good players and that he might not always play. He said he was a lucky guy to play for Manchester United. That he is happy here and that he want to be ready when the boss wants him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
WTF is this ?
Saying nobody is an automatic starter pretty much, which is true.

As for him still being on the bench, well that would probably be because with his rib injury, he could run and all, but any 50/50 duel would leave him in pain so he couldn't really play and was there in case somebody got injured.

Trizy

Herrera is so fecking good, cannot wait til he's back :drool: .. however Fellaini doesn't deserve to be dropped which is the truth. At least we're getting a return on our 28 million investment of the Belgian.

Sam

So are those quotes about the rib injury true? Its so hard to verify anything that comes from twitter. You can't even trust the official site nowadays either :lol:

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
He said in the press conference about everybody has to fight for his place. This is just another way of saying it really.
Fair enough. But IIRC, Louis has consistently maintained that he wants a very small selection to work with as a way of maintaining consistency and developing automation. Injury aside, why should our best natural midfielder (based off his career so far at Bilbao, Zaragoza not so much) have to struggle to find game-time, especially in lieu of the human microphone. A bit double standard-ish that Mata (our second highest goalscorer and third highest assist provider in just 7 starts) and Herrera (again, just to re-emphasize - aside from the injuries) find themselves in a dogfight for playing time yet Robin (who I really appreciate mind) walks into every selection despite being off the boil since the start of the season pretty much.

DomesticTadpole

So are those quotes about the rib injury true? Its so hard to verify anything that comes from twitter. You can't even trust the official site nowadays either :lol:
From his interview he said his rib was fine. That he was in pain, but as to when that pain went, only Ander knows that. He obviously is proud as punch to play here. I think he needed the two games he has had to build his confidence back up, he mentioned about the confidence. It could have been at the back of his mind that another tackle or challenge and his rib would break again. Now he knows he is fine. It's now up to the lad to take his chance when he gets it. He is such a lovely personality and wants to do well.

DomesticTadpole

Fair enough. But IIRC, Louis has consistently maintained that he wants a very small selection to work with as a way of maintaining consistency and developing automation. Injury aside, why should our best natural midfielder (based off his career so far at Bilbao, Zaragoza not so much) have to struggle to find game-time, especially in lieu of the human microphone. A bit double standard-ish that Mata (our second highest goalscorer and third highest assist provider in just 7 starts) and Herrera (again, just to re-emphasize - aside from the injuries) find themselves in a dogfight for playing time yet Robin (who I really appreciate mind) walks into every selection despite being off the boil since the start of the season pretty much.
The Robin situation needs to be sorted or LvG will look like a hypocrite. If there are any press reading this, why not ask LvG why Robin plays even though he has been dire. If you are hard enough.

Sam

From his interview he said his rib was fine. That he was in pain, but as to when that pain went, only Ander knows that. He obviously is proud as punch to play here. I think he needed the two games he has had to build his confidence back up, he mentioned about the confidence. It could have been at the back of his mind that another tackle or challenge and his rib would break again. Now he knows he is fine. It's now up to the lad to take his chance when he gets it. He is such a lovely personality and wants to do well.
Good to hear that. Gotta love the lads attitude.

DomesticTadpole

By the way, I am not sure I heard LvG mention about Herrera, but Ander himself in his interview said he realised he had to fight for his place and that there are a lot of good players here. Seems to be some confusion about who said what. Bloody twitter.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
The Robin situation needs to be sorted or LvG will look like a hypocrite. If there are any press reading this, why not ask LvG why Robin plays even though he has been dire. If you are hard enough.
Yup, it's a bit much. That said, even though it's a bitter pill to swallow, as long as we're getting results on a consistent basis - I really don't mind if some of my favorite players aren't starting regularly. These things are just a part of sporting fabric. Hope Ander takes it in his stride and ousts his competitor (I'm guessing the rather functional Marouane) for a starting role.

DomesticTadpole

Yup, it's a bit much. That said, even though it's a bitter pill to swallow, as long as we're getting results on a consistent basis - I really don't mind if some of my favorite players aren't starting regularly. These things are just a part of sporting fabric. Hope Ander takes it in his stride and ousts his competitor (I'm guessing the rather functional Marouane) for a starting role.
I presume there will be a game where we don't score or create nothing with Fellaini and Carrick and LvG will realise we need something in there. I know he likes Strootman but for me that is a risk in January. Summer transfer window is when he will go for him. Still not sure about him tbh.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
I presume there will be a game where we don't score or create nothing with Fellaini and Carrick and LvG will realise we need something in there. I know he likes Strootman but for me that is a risk in January. Summer transfer window is when he will go for him. Still not sure about him tbh.
Aye, the duo of Carrick (brilliant TBF) and Fellaini is a bit static and if a team marks Michael out, we have little creativity left in the centre of the park, something that came to light in the first half at the Emirates. As for Strootman, he might be a Van Gaal protege but the ACL injury worries me too, given our track record with players having far from perfect injury records (Hargreaves and Jones are two prime example I can think of, off the top of my head). Though admittedly, no doubt some might point out Ruud who made a smashing recovery from a similar injury and I'd have no comeback for that.. Err..

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
RvP is more or less done anyways and shouldn't be starting anymore, so it would be Rooney, Falcao and then probably Di Maria for the front 3 with Herrera, Strootman and Blind in midfield. Seems fine to me.
Rvp is far from done lol and he's still easily our best striker. But he deserves to be on the bench for the form he's showing in recent weeks though but who exactly can we replace him with? Falcao's been injured and Wilson hasn't done much either.

I would like to see us bring Carvalho in to play the holding role then alongside Strootman and Herrera, could be a incredible midfield tbh, although I need to see more of Herrera.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Rvp is far from done lol and he's still easily our best striker. But he deserves to be on the bench for the form he's showing in recent weeks though but who exactly can we replace him with? Falcao's been injured and Wilson hasn't done much either.

I would like to see us bring Carvalho in to play the holding role then alongside Strootman and Herrera, could be a incredible midfield tbh, although I need to see more of Herrera.
Van Persie at his best wasn't even easily our best striker. Many people would say that Falcao at his best is better then RvP at his best, and you can make an argument for Rooney at his best being better then RvP a few years ago when he was at his best. That's besides the point though. The form he's shown for the most part of the last year and a half shows signs that he's been declining for a while, and he is 31 now, he's not exactly young. Both Rooney and Falcao are 2 years younger, and both should be in their primes still.

As for who can replace him? Falcao when he's fit of course, but otherwise either Mata and push Rooney up top where he should be, or Januzaj to play as a winger, or someone else like that. We have plenty of options and RvP is far from a key player these days. If he finds his form from 2012, then he'd be brilliant of course, but I'd put money on that not happening considering his age and all the injury problems he's had so of course that takes its toll on him.

Brightonian

Are these quotes genuine? Would b surprised if he did say that.
Which quotes? He said in his most recent interview that he feels very lucky to be here, is enjoying it and realises that with lots of good players in the squad he may not always get to start.

SonnyTheHaloPro

Van Persie at his best wasn't even easily our best striker. Many people would say that Falcao at his best is better then RvP at his best, and you can make an argument for Rooney at his best being better then RvP a few years ago when he was at his best. That's besides the point though. The form he's shown for the most part of the last year and a half shows signs that he's been declining for a while, and he is 31 now, he's not exactly young. Both Rooney and Falcao are 2 years younger, and both should be in their primes still.

As for who can replace him? Falcao when he's fit of course, but otherwise either Mata and push Rooney up top where he should be, or Januzaj to play as a winger, or someone else like that. We have plenty of options and RvP is far from a key player these days. If he finds his form from 2012, then he'd be brilliant of course, but I'd put money on that not happening considering his age and all the injury problems he's had so of course that takes its toll on him.
What? Who was better then? None of Rooney, Welbeck or Hernandez was even close to RVP's level in the 2012/13 season and definitely not 2011/12 season when he was at Arsenal. Falcao at his best wasn't better than RVP at his best either, in the 2011/12 season he scored 37 goals for Arsenal and single handidly carried them to 3rd in the league, go and look at that Arsenal team he was playing in and tell me that isn't an achievement. Van Persie was the best player in the league when we bought him.

SonnyTheHaloPro

Back to Herrera, apparently according to MUTV he's been in pain for the last 3 games so couldn't play. Very interesting to see if he gets minutes tomorrow at home against a side we should ideally be beating quite easily.

Brightonian

The ones from LvG about Herrera.
Some of them actually seem to be just quotes from Herrera's interview misreported as if Van Gaal said them. 'There are good players here so I can't always start' was definitely something Herrera said, not LVG. On that basis, I wouldn't trust that source. I'm pretty sure the 'United Today' blog on the official site covers the entirety of the interview, so that's the best place to look if you want to know everything that was said.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I can't really comment on today, I'm far too biased. I liked him at Athletic, I liked him even more when he signed for us. I think he makes the team play better - he's alert, he's active, he's the bloke who "makes himself available", he could become absolutely critical to us. I would be really disappointed if the philosophy can't accommodate him.

Hopefully by the end of the season no one will have any doubts, and he'll be an obvious choice in every game.

Bwuk

He has to be in the starting 11 somewhere every week. Amazing player.

Dylan94

This the same as my post in the Mata thread but they were as good as each other today. Great performance. Him and Mata create so much space in attack it's just brilliant to watch. It's what made the Spain team of 2008-2012 so unstoppable. At least one of them needs to play almost every week. They are both too good to be sat on the bench.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Not sure why our strikers insist on taking another touch when he puts them through on goal. Just shoot, its on a platter. Fantastic little player, his little one twos with Mata were a highlight for me.

m1y2

the wonderfull thing about Herrera is that he is always available for a pass always moving and has got great reactions and anticipation and fight spirit he can loos the ball to suddenly regain possession back. He set up goal for RVP. Rooney has got this as well and also diMaria - sucha a shame that he is injured now because him and herrera in the side its just different match. Movement everywhere I love that. We desperately need players like that.

AttackingFlair

Love watching Herrera play. While I was disappointed that Di Maria picked up an injury, I was really happy to see Herrera come on.

prarek

Best player out there today. Good positioning and passing. Was involved in two of the goals as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.