6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Was loving seeing him play today. He definitely adds more to our play in general.

DFreshKing

Schweinsteiger has had injury problems for a while and he's not getting any younger, ditto Alonso who's only a stop gap signing. They had to play Lahm out of necessity previous season if I remember correctly. Herrera won't be very expensive if we sell him six months into his contract after giving him a handful of games, probably half the money we paid for him to Athletic would suffice.
Why would we sell for half the price?

Crazy idea that ain't gonna happen. I could see Mata going as he does not seem to fit the formations but Herrera has a great future with us.

Brightonian

Predictably excellent. While Carrick was the ringleader of our dominance today, you simply can't do it without players like Herrera and Mata in there who know how to pass and move and play it through the middle.

I'm warming to Fellaini and there's no question he was good today, but if it's between him and Herrera then it should be Herrera except in very particular circumstances.

Acole9

Outstanding
Top performance when he came on. Very precise with his passing and even when he did misplace a pass he did all he could to win the ball back.

Gladiator

Predictably excellent. While Carrick was the ringleader of our dominance today, you simply can't do it without players like Herrera and Mata in there who know how to pass and move and play it through the middle.

I'm warming to Fellaini and there's no question he was good today, but if it's between him and Herrera then it should be Herrera except in very particular circumstances.
agreed. Herrera was literally everywhere. May put something in here about his performance later

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Herrera's probably my favourite player, alongside De Gea. He's just a joy to watch, particularly as his own passion for the game shines through ever second he plays.

slir32

He moves the ball around so fast he has a fantastic footballing brain. Start him every game boss.

Shimo

Got this from RoM - quote from LVG

I have to say Herrera came in and did fantastic, I was very pleased with how he did. He is a very fit player which is why I also let him play in the Reserves. I’m very happy for him because he needed a good performance. I was very pleased with our dominance in the whole game and also with our positional game. We scored three goals, created more chances, and we didn’t give any chances away – that’s very good.
Seems to suggest he's been fine to play, just hasn't wanted to use him for recent games for whatever reason. Regardless, Saturday's performance and hopefully a start against Stoke will give LVG some hard decisions to make - it's really nice to have options for CM.

reelworld

Got this from RoM - quote from LVG

Seems to suggest he's been fine to play, just hasn't wanted to use him for recent games for whatever reason. Regardless, Saturday's performance and hopefully a start against Stoke will give LVG some hard decisions to make - it's really nice to have options for CM.
FWIW, I think van Gaal just wanted some continuity in midfield, especially when the defence is changing every game. Don't fix what's not broken etc.
And yes, it's really lovely to have midfield :D

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
By the way, he was playing as a number 10.

You were in a more advanced role when you came on for Angel Di Maria. How did you find it?
Yes, I played like a no.10 and it is good because I can change positions. I can give the manager more options. I think this was the best game of this season for us but we have to keep working and keep winning games because we want to be in the top places in the league.
It's where I think he's at his best. If we stick with the diamond I would have him and Carrick at opposite ends, with two from Mata, Fellaini, Di Maria and Januzaj competing for the slots on either side of the diamond (obviously, right now, Fellaini and Mata don't deserve to be dropped).

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
By the way, he was playing as a number 10.

It's where I think he's at his best. If we stick with the diamond I would have him and Carrick at opposite ends, with two from Mata, Fellaini, Di Maria and Januzaj competing for the slots on either side of the diamond (obviously, right now, Fellaini and Mata don't deserve to be dropped).
so ADM up front?

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Great performance this weekend against................Hull.

Let's see him build on that and put some similar performances in against tougher opposition.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
That was Van Gaal's intention, apparently.
Just what worries me... I'd rather he was influencing games further up, if we insist with the diamond of Fellaini and Mata flanking Herrera up top and Carrick at the base, why not play the striker off Herrera and give ADM a free role in the middle of the diamond? kind of B2B..

jeff_goldblum

Just what worries me... I'd rather he was influencing games further up, if we insist with the diamond of Fellaini and Mata flanking Herrera up top and Carrick at the base, why not play the striker off Herrera and give ADM a free role in the middle of the diamond? kind of B2B..
Despite generally being pretty vocal about wanting AdM back in the midfield, in games like Saturday's I don't mind him nominally starting up top. He's got the pace to keep defenders on their toes and when we're as fluid as we were against Hull he can pop up as and when he likes.

If we're playing possession football it also makes sense to keep him higher up the pitch, he's our best player but he's also one of our most direct and LvG might not want him making risky decisions in the middle of park

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Well looks like he'll be on the bench for the next 4 weeks on this showing.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Assist. Good job making me look like a dick Ander.

dirkey

Great cross for the goal, but he has been terrible other than that.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Seems to have a habit of giving the ball away then immediately win it back. Disappointing half from him considering his performance vs Hull

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Second the other opinions here so far. Amazing cross for the goal, but absolutely shocking game otherwise. Sloppy in passing and possession, and the less said about that finish, the better.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He really should have scored from that forced error. He probably had time to take a touch, though he probably wasn't to know that. Still, a poor strike when Begovic was in no mans land.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Not his best performance, started pretty slowly but finished fairly well. Even after his assist Herrera still looked off the pace. It wasn't until 10 or so minutes into the second half that he really started to move the ball well. I thought we lost an outlet when he went off. After Herrera left the field Stoke started their onslaught. Coincidence? I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.