6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoaquinJoaquin

I actually thought he wasn't as bad as some are making out. He did get caught in possession a few times but he linked well with Mata in the midfield.

Put it this way, we looked a lot more vulnerable when he was replaced by Fletcher.

ZDwyr

It's interesting. People talk about LvG loving him because of his technical ability but in reality he gives the ball away a decent amount for a team that wants to dominate possession. I understand he takes more risks but he has to work on his game to make sure they are the right risks to take. Not the best game but a good cross for the goal. Hope he isn't injured either.

Kag

Didn't catch the first half so can't comment but I thought he was very good in the second. The most creative player on the park.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
To be fair the first half was partly expected. Ander's still a bit short of 100 % match fitness given that he's only played about 150 odd minutes including U-21 level since West Brom. Seemed to be in a bit of a rush initially but calmed down considerably in the 2nd half. Maybe the added competition has made him anxious to prove himself in the manager's eyes and he got carried away with the exuberance or maybe he's hasn't fully synced with the speed of the league, that can sometimes throw a player off because of alterations to their internal rhythm. Reckon he'll be much better vs Southampton with some quality starting time under his belt (provided Van Gaal continues with him in the starting XI). Was our biggest creative outlet vs Stoke anyway IMO.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Some very good passes and vision shown but he was somewhat sloppy and rushed in the tackle. Decent performance overall with an assist.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
A bit of sloppiness in the first half, but I wasn't too disappointed with him. His only issue that he sometimes tries to overcomplicate things, but most of the time, he uses the ball very well and is a very creative player, not to mention that he's very good at winning the ball.

He was awesome in the second half. Once Stoke started to push up, he was very good at creating chances and getting into great positions.

Once again, as well, once he went off, we lost all control of the match. This is quite concerning, and van Gaal should talk to his teammates to make sure that we don't concede possession so easily towards the end.

Raw

Not his best game but he grew into it and grabbed an assist. I was fearful that he'd get bullied by the Stoke players but he did reasonably well in the end.

Has to improve though.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
I agree with most of the comments above however what struck me most was even in a performance where you can level a few sloppy passes and moans at Herrera, the difference when Fletcher replaced him was so significant that it really showed what he's all about. The mantra of you're better when you're not playing etc really stood true in those 10 mins of Fletcher game time.

Get the feeling he will be one of those players where there will always more that Herrera can do in certain fans eyes during games but the essence is that generally when he plays, we are a far better team progressively, tactically, on the ball and off the ball.

Boycott

Good cross for Fellaini's goal, nice touches here and there but on the whole thought he was poor today. He's a forward thinking player so understandable he gives away possession more than others but positionally he needs to gain a better understanding.

finneh

Poor first half but very good second half. You could see the difference instantly when he went off. His work rate is impressive.

Walters_19_MuFc

Love his energy levels. Give it away a few times, but generally did well. Let's not forget, prior to Hull, he hasn't had much game time.

NinjaFletch

Grew into the game I thought. Not got much to complain about him going forward but feel like he needs to improve defensively, positionally can be suspect and dribbled past too easily.

RedStarUnited

Put it this way, that cross was so good I thought it was RVP or a left footed player that put it in.

He also created about 3 other chances for others apart from the goal. He had a decent game to me !

ZDwyr

Put it this way, that cross was so good I thought it was RVP or a left footed player that put it in.

He also created about 3 other chances for others apart from the goal. He had a decent game to me !
:lol: I yelled out "great cross RVP!" before I realised it was Herrera.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Started slowly but got back to his normal level afterwards. Great cross for the goal, and he's such a useful player to have. Even when his passing is off as it was in the first half, his pressing and work rate is invaluable to us.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Absolutely diabolical until the assist, every touch went to shit. But more competent after that.

Get In Scholesy

I thought he did fairly well. I can understand the criticism of his touch and failing to play the right pass at times but he was up against a physical stoke side and he did well given his size. His work rate was excellent and he never let his head drop even after a few bad touches and that miss - which was unforgivable if you ask me.

m1y2

It's interesting. People talk about LvG loving him because of his technical ability but in reality he gives the ball away a decent amount for a team that wants to dominate possession. I understand he takes more risks but he has to work on his game to make sure they are the right risks to take. Not the best game but a good cross for the goal. Hope he isn't injured either.
He lost a little bit of touch from the previous game and it was due to the fact that it was on Satturday and he is not in the est shape after injury. He needs some competitive game time, because he is a player who runs his socks of all match.. his distribution and passing was excellent against HUll today he struggled little bit but again it was maybe two times when he lost the ball and won the ball back straight away invaluable player for us.. Once he get his sharpness back he will be great and he also needs movement around him.. Players were tired today and stoked played in a deep block..

caid

I only really saw the 2nd half but I thought he had a decent game.
You'd have hoped for more control and possession in the middle i guess but stoke did a good job of denying it.
He did pretty well despite that and we always look drastically better with him than we do without him.
Tiredness from having played so recently, the recent come back from injury etc. give him a good excuse for a below par performance.
(Like Fellaini we look better with him than without though)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm surprised a bit by his productivity, only had 5 goals and 5 assists all season last year, but has 2 goals and 3 assists so far this season in 7 appearances, and he could have easily got another goal or assist in the last 2 games if we weren't so wasteful. Been a very long time since we had a goal threat from midfield, refreshing to see.

Maroo

We discussed, but didn't enjoy his performance as a no. 10 @Pogue Mahone

It felt as if when under a fair bit of attention, he was unable to get out of tight spaces (which is what happens when you are a no. 10). Not that Mata doesn't have that problem, but I was hoping Herrera and Mata would swap positions at half time.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
A good game, moments of quality, followed by really poor moments. Overall though, he was decent and you can see the qualities he brings us.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'm surprised a bit by his productivity, only had 5 goals and 5 assists all season last year, but has 2 goals and 3 assists so far this season in 7 appearances, and he could have easily got another goal or assist in the last 2 games if we weren't so wasteful. Been a very long time since we had a goal threat from midfield, refreshing to see.
Would have got a goal last night if he wasn't so wasteful, no "we" about it.

Roux

Got bullied a bit last night, which resulting in loosing possession a few times - but on the whole he needs to start every game. His movement and quick passing has sped our general play up ten-fold.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Wasn't great yesterday but he hasn't been playing regularly for a while, he will get better.

IwatUwat

Was the reason he came off due to injury looked like he was holding his ribs after that challenge, and stayed down then came off moments later? Wasnt sure though. Not another injury!

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
There's a trend here for overly criticising players who are still to settle in and also haven't had a decent run of games without absence through injury. To my mind his performances against Hull and Stoke are those of someone coming back from a month off whilst still trying to find their feet at a new club, in transition, in a foreign league. He's already got 2 goals and 3 assists and is going to get even better.

VanGaalEra

:lol: I yelled out "great cross RVP!" before I realised it was Herrera.
I thought it was Mata and had double cause for celebration as i just brought him into my fantasy team. Then realised it was Herrera and thought I'd live without 3 points.

Spielmacher

I thought it was Mata and had double cause for celebration as i just brought him into my fantasy team. Then realised it was Herrera and thought I'd live without 3 points.
I knew it was Herrera right away, those 3 are too different in looks and movement to be confused with each other.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Prefer him a little deeper in a normal CM role than the 10 role.

ManUSarge

At the start of the game he was being robbed of the ball quite a bit and playing passes to Stoke players. I was not overly conscious of his efforts other than that. I remember the shot he sent into the stands when he was on goal too. He played a part and I am glad we have him on the squad but he didn't have a great game.

Ekeke

Personally I was a little dissappointed in his performance. Last game I came in here talking about how he added tempo to the team, was happy to play the ball quickly with one touch play and it vastly improved our attack.

Last night none of that was present. He had his moments, a good left footed cross for someone like Fellaini, and since we had Fellaini he was able to head it home. By the way the cross from the left is exactly why he should be playing on the left of the diamond, not Mata. And he also made a run down the right and put a good ball across the box in the 2nd half.

But he picked the wrong pass a couple of times and missed what should have been a goal, like others he was guilty of losing the ball too often

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Personally I was a little dissappointed in his performance. Last game I came in here talking about how he added tempo to the team, was happy to play the ball quickly with one touch play and it vastly improved our attack.

Last night none of that was present. He had his moments, a good left footed cross for someone like Fellaini, and since we had Fellaini he was able to head it home. By the way the cross from the left is exactly why he should be playing on the left of the diamond, not Mata. And he also made a run down the right and put a good ball across the box in the 2nd half.

But he picked the wrong pass a couple of times and missed what should have been a goal, like others he was guilty of losing the ball too often
Being made MOM in the Hull game might have caused him to be trying too hard last night. Just play your own simple game Ander, don't try to over complicate things. You are a good player for us and don't need to prove otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.