6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
80% pass completion is woeful for a CM. Even our strikers passed the ball better than that. Both of them.
Stats and miniskirts again.

Two of his "passes" were clearances late in the game. Discount them and its 86%

Sam

That's because a few of the misplaced passes were under no pressure whatsoever, so they stuck in the memory.
How about Fellaini's misplaced pass that lead straight to a goal? Going post about that?

No? Thought not. Lets just bash Herrera instead, despite him playing about 100x better then the big useless Belgium.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Done nothing today really. Pretty much the same performance as everybody's else bar for RVP.

I feel for everybody.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Decent performance and he was the best out of the bad bunch in midfield. Still managed to influence things a bit despite not having a great game. He doesn't dissapear like Mata or stink up the place like Fellaini on his off day. Silver lining and all...
It's difficult to shine in a midfield when the rest of it is awful as well. You all have to be on the same wavelength and he quite often links up with Rooney and he was awful as well. As long as we beat Liverpool as well I don't care.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
How about Fellaini's misplaced pass that lead straight to a goal? Going post about that?

No? Thought not. Lets just bash Herrera instead, despite him playing about 100x better then the big useless Belgium.
Might blow your tiny mind but it is possible I thought they were both terrible?

If you want to share your piercing insights on Fellaini you're in the wrong thread btw.

Sam

Erm... That was a statistic. HTH.
Funny how you're in here posting Herrera's statistics, and not in the Fellaini thread posting his. Or talking about his misplaced pass that lead straight to a goal.

Well I say funny. What I mean is utterly predictable.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Might blow your tiny mind but it is possible I thought they were both terrible?

If you want to share your piercing insights on Fellaini you're in the wrong thread btw.
How on earth was Herrera terrible? Was one of our better players (small praise obviously) and generally did a lot more to help us get the ball forward.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
He is getting stick for his performance? He is a player who plays quick passes and moves. People have to give him options for him to be able to make passes. Most people turned their backs to him today.

datura

It's difficult to shine in a midfield when the rest of it is awful as well. You all have to be on the same wavelength and he quite often links up with Rooney and he was awful as well. As long as we beat Liverpool as well I don't care.
We were all over the place again (like Arsenal) so they all struggled. Can't really be bothered to be negative though as we won again. Been a great weekend for us bar the Smalling injury.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
A mind-blowing concept to dumb and dumber who keep quoting my posts.
It's impossible for Herrera to be shit. He's the world's greatest midfielder. Even when he feigns injury he feigns it better than anyone!

One can only wonder why Van Gaal does not see this...

Brophs

The One and Only
I like Herrera a lot but I'm not really sure what positives people saw in that performance. For my money he looked lightweight and, perhaps more worryingly - and based only on tonight - not especially suited towards tough away games where you have to do different things than at OT.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
I don't understand some of these twisted arguments to be fair. By no means did Ander excel today, I like him a lot but even I'm not deluded enough to state that but -

1a) If Herrera has a relatively decent or weak game in an overall poor performance by the team he's called out for it by some and slammed regardless without any excuses being made for his person in terms of acclimatizing to an new league, lack of support from the other players, injury etc etc.

1b) If Fellaini has a relatively decent or weak game in an overall poor performance by the team, a lot of times (NOTE : not always incase someone jumps up in defense) he's cleared of blame which is then equitably distributed among 10 others (or everyone's favorite go-to excuse Moyes for last season's atrocious displays) by the very people who're criticizing Herrera.

Seems like a deliberate self-serving shifting of goalposts to validate one's opinions. Oh well, guess there no way around it.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
80% pass completion is woeful for a CM. Even our strikers passed the ball better than that. Both of them.
He's always been sloppy on the ball. That's why I thought he was much better for Athletic Club as a number 10, less risk of him losing it in a dangerous area.

bosnian_red

I like Herrera a lot but I'm not really sure what positives people saw in that performance. For my money he looked lightweight and, perhaps more worryingly - and based only on tonight - not especially suited towards tough away games where you have to do different things than at OT.
Think it's more that he generally raises the performance of the whole team even if he's not at his best. Not sure about your last point, if anything he's one of the few who I think should be in the team in big games because of his pressing and work rate. Wasn't at his best today on the ball no doubt about that, but was still better then pretty much any other attacking player bar Van Persie and the thing I like more with him over Mata, if one would have to miss out in big games, it would be his pressing and defensive work.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's learning the ropes, to be fair. If it wasn't for so many gimps desperately talking up mediocre performances I'd spend more time defending him. This is the kind of game that would always be tricky for a debutant from La Liga. Kicked around by physical opponents, aided by a lenient ref. Hopefully he learns from it.

DomesticTadpole

He is getting stick for his performance? He is a player who plays quick passes and moves. People have to give him options for him to be able to make passes. Most people turned their backs to him today.
Having to move Carrick back and Blind not being theren as DM doesn't help. Someone in the Post match thread brought up.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Struggled at times today I thought, worked hard but wasn't his day.

Always hard coming on in the 1st half though.

DFreshKing

What? Fellaini defended like a beast the last 15 minutes and helped us over the line. I like Herrrera but he was poor today and I think he needs this season to settle.

I am still hopeful for him - I love the way he plays.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I'm not sure he was ever going to do well coming on with the absurd tactics we were playing.

The whole 'not suited to a tough away fixture' could possibly be true if we were a team who you would expect to set up like this often. You'd hope we'd be able to dominate possession even away from home against the majority of teams in the premier league and not play 5 at the back and on the counter.

DomesticTadpole

What? Fellaini defended like a beast the last 15 minutes and helped us over the line. I like Herrrera but he was poor today and I think he needs this season to settle.

I am still hopeful for him - I love the way he plays.
It could be next season until he is at his best. Players from La Liga do take at least one season to settle. Even David Silva needed that and no I am not comparing them. This is a very frantic, physical league. It is a shock to some players system, some don't settle. Watching Ander's attitude and his personality, I think he will be fine. He isn't a world beater, but you need his type of hard worker in your side.

Acole9

Outstanding
I really like this lad, very rarely gives the ball away. He needs to start every game for us.

bosnian_red

Carrick was imo by far the best midfielder today.
Played as a defender. Was class as always though, we missed him so much when he was out injured. Still such a key player to us after all these years of people underrating him or writing him off.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Played as a defender. Was class as always though, we missed him so much when he was out injured. Still such a key player to us after all these years of people underrating him or writing him off.
Ah ok, well even as a defender he was the best midfielder on the pitch. :p

tom33

I like him, particularly his energy, and I wish he'd get more pitch time, but today's performance will hopefully remind people that he's not the sole solution to all our problems. He can misplace passes and lose possession sometimes just like everyone else.

Boycott

I really like this lad, very rarely gives the ball away. He needs to start every game for us.
He's very erratic on the ball. But he's forward thinking which I like and once he's settled and understands his role in the team he'll be quality. Tonight he was no better than anyone else in possession. He was pretty rubbish. But he's one of those players who I don't think suit being an impact from the bench because he takes 10-15 minutes to ease into the game.

izec

was a bit shite today, will end up again on the bench the next game. His 2nd worst performance for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.