6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

I wasnt that impressed but at least he created something on the night. The same can only really be said of Young and Van Persie

Sam

Another one.

Weird.
We're a much much better team with him playing.

Its funny how Fellaini just had the worst game of his season, and yet you're in the Herrera thread criticising. No agenda at all. :wenger:

Ekeke

Its funny how Fellaini just had the worst game of his season, and yet you're in the Herrera thread criticising. No agenda at all. :wenger:
Cant be in the Nani thread blaming him, he's injured and in another country

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Let's not polish a turd. He was crap tonight. If we're gonna start praising our players for faking injury we're really scraping the barrel.
I disagree with you. I don't think he was crap by any stretch of the imagination. He received the ball decently under pressure, played positively, drove forward with the ball at his feet a few times, played some good touch stuff (including in the build up to the free kick that led to our winner). If that's crap what about the rest of the side who seemed to struggle to control and pass besides RVP?

OneUnited24

Personally i dont think he suits this advance position at the tip of the diamond but i guess LvG prefers to have a left footed player play on the left of the midfield

Boycott

Fair enough he's composed and skillful with the ball generally and should be a starter when fit but his performance in isolation tonight was no better than anyone else. Fellaini was rubbish, as was Mata and Rooney who struggled when pressed. Ander struggled too but he didn't make as many loose passes as the others. Although that contradicts the the part where people saying he'd offer a short pass for the defence.

VanGaalEra

We looked better when he came on, wasn't his best game but you can see what he brings for us.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Try reading the Fellaini thread :wenger:

The main difference is there's less comments in that thread from fanbois who have no idea what just happened on the pitch. Fellaini was shit and is being called out as such. Only in this thread are we getting stupid posts like the one of yours I quoted.

Irrational.

He was better than Fellaini at least, and did very well when we desperately needed someone to press the ball and try to keep possession.

Granted, it wasn't his best performance, but he was our better performers. He helped stem the Southampton tide once McNair came off.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Personally i dont think he suits this advance position at the tip of the diamond but i guess LvG prefers to have a left footed player play on the left of the midfield
I agree, never liked this clamour for him to head the diamond. Like Di Maria, we need him in the deeper CM roles in the diamond having space to run into while having the freedom to press and harry all over the pitch with his excellent work rate.

OneUnited24

I agree, never liked this clamour for him to head the diamond. Like Di Maria, we need him in the deeper CM roles in the diamond having space to run into while having the freedom to press and harry all over the pitch with his excellent work rate.
I would sooner we move Fellaini up behind the 2 strikers than Herrera

Sam

Try reading the Fellaini thread :wenger:

The main difference is there's less comments in that thread from fanbois who have no idea what just happened on the pitch. Fellaini was shit and is being called out as such. Only in this thread are we getting stupid posts like the one of yours I quoted.
By saying we're a better team with him on the pitch? As we have been everytime he's played (bar one 45 minutes injured away to West Brom)

Yeah, totally stupid.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
And yet again, not his best game, but he changed our game completely. Though it's his second poor/average game in a row, he needs to improve.

Love his attitude and style.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I would sooner we move Fellaini up behind the 2 strikers than Herrera
Agree. It seemed easier to move the ball forward when Herrera received it in deeper positions, had more calm and range than Fellaini. Fellaini is at his best when he can menace defenders and make a nuisance of himself further forward. Herrera has played #6 in the past and has enough strings to his bow, and intelligence, to carry out Van Gaal's instructions there. Plus he still likes a tackle. I'd have definitely given Fellaini the freedom of the forward role, especially as our build up wasn't great tonight, and let Herrera hold.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
One of his worst games in a united shirt but still our best midfielder tonight.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Let's not polish a turd. He was crap tonight. If we're gonna start praising our players for faking injury we're really scraping the barrel.
Have to agree with this. The system didn't do any of our players any favours on an individual level, Ander included. Everyone struggled in the 3-5-2 bar Young and RVP. I wouldn't hold it against him but he certainly wasn't great tonight.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Thought when he came on that he'd change the game for us after but apart from a couple of bright moments he did nothing of note.

BarstoolProphet

Weird thing was he probably was the main reason for us looking a lot better after he came on, yet he didn't have a very good game. Still love his style.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Have to agree with this. The system didn't do any of our players any favours on an individual level, Ander included. Everyone struggled in the 3-5-2 bar Young and RVP. I wouldn't hold it against him but he certainly wasn't great tonight.
I thought Young was crap too!

Goddam formation had 9 out of 10 outfield players stinking the joint out. Only the two blokes at each end of the pitch - RvP and DDG - looked in any way decent.

entropy

I didn't expect him to contribute much since he came on.So,I am not surprised at him having an average game.He is the kind of player who is at his best when we are attacking or trying to create chances.In a game when we hardly created 3-4 opportunities its ridiculous to say "worst game of the season" etc etc

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Not his best game, but did enough to get a start. We don't know what the instructions from the manager were. None of us seem to be happy with the system, not sure the players like it either, but if we can get the results until we get out fullback returned, then needs must. By the way who the hell voted for Fellaini in the MOM poll?

Sam

Weird thing was he probably was the main reason for us looking a lot better after he came on, yet he didn't have a very good game. Still love his style.
Fair assessment. Hence he should always play.

His movement and style alone make us a better team, even when he's not having his best game.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Personally I thought he was anonymous tonight along with Mata. I dont recall any meaningful contribution except wasting a bit of time at the end of the game by feigning an injury.

That said I think the blame tonight goes squarely on LVG - the team looked disjointed, clueless and really, really poor under pressure... it was like watching a game from last season.

saivet

I thought he was poor tonight, along side many others. I'd like to see him start against Liverpool though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

:D

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Considering he had no midfield around him (Carrick at back, Fellaini and Mata shit), he was ok. Hope he starts now

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I blame the tactics more than I blame him. We didn't try to control the midfield against Wanyama and Davis for some reason and nearly paid the price.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Decent performance and he was the best out of the bad bunch in midfield. Still managed to influence things a bit despite not having a great game. He doesn't dissapear like Mata or stink up the place like Fellaini on his off day. Silver lining and all...

Status
Not open for further replies.