6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossa

Terrific player; he plays like Carrick would if he had those quick feet. Simple passes, movement, head up, make the pass, move into space, look up, receive the ball and pass it on. He is least twice the midfielder Rooney is and a better central midfielder than Mata as well. He has the dynamism that our team is begging for. I think he, Di Maria and Blind would work very well together.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I think it's genuinely ridiculous that he's not playing any more than he is, and if it's purely from a performance/tactical point of view then it's one of the most idiotic things van Gaal has done so far. I reckon it has something more to do with the fact Herrera isn't his player, and he's making some kind of point to the board.
Maybe he is making a point, but I think he is trying to curb his risk taking. He created a goal nearly straight away. He is a useful squad member. If we get in Europe next season, there will have to be far more rotation, this season there just isn't enough games. Although remember we play West Ham and then there is a midweek game against Burnley on Wednesday.

DomesticTadpole

He brings so much more to the team than Fellaini.
He is a different player to Fellaini, Rooney is the problem. The lad created a goal as soon as he came on. So difficult to say what he would have done for a whole game. Fellaini was up front anyway today.

Raw

Looked pretty good, one thing I love about him is that he's ALWAYS trying to make himself available for a pass. Really don't see why he hasn't been given more of a chance.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Fellaini benched ahead of him against West Ham, we'll need Fellaini's height.

gza the genius

Surely he's done something to piss off LVG? There really is no other explanation. He didn't exactly do anything amazing in his cameo today but still made it very clear to see what he offers the side when he plays. I don't get it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think it's genuinely ridiculous that he's not playing any more than he is, and if it's purely from a performance/tactical point of view then it's one of the most idiotic things van Gaal has done so far. I reckon it has something more to do with the fact Herrera isn't his player, and he's making some kind of point to the board.
Agreed. It's not like Herrera is being rotated, he is just frozen - van Gaal wouldn't play him under any circumstances at all.

This is over for him anyway. He has to leave in the Summer.

DomesticTadpole

Looked pretty good, one thing I love about him is that he's ALWAYS trying to make himself available for a pass. Really don't see why he hasn't been given more of a chance.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Fellaini benched ahead of him against West Ham, we'll need Fellaini's height.
I think the squad are looking more confident all round the last couple of game. He might actually get a start against Burnley next week.

DomesticTadpole

Surely he's done something to piss off LVG? There really is no other explanation. He didn't exactly do anything amazing in his cameo today but still made it very clear to see what he offers the side when he plays. I don't get it.
Creating a goal for Wilson was pretty good. After that we were basically killing the game off.

DomesticTadpole

Agreed. It's not like Herrera is being rotated, he is just frozen - van Gaal wouldn't play him under any circumstances at all.

This is over for him anyway. He has to leave in the Summer.
No he doesn't at all. He will get plenty of time. More games next season and the way we are more chance of injuries. You are reading too much into things.

Sarni

I think the squad are looking more confident all round the last couple of game. He might actually get a start against Burnley next week.
He won't get a start even if all our midfielders disappear off the Earth tomorrow. Van Gall will name a 10-man first team rather than he play him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Got an assist again.. Obviously the game was already done and it was easy so there's not much to write about here, but I still can't believe that he isn't getting more then the odd sub appearance here. Completely idiotic from Van Gaal. Here we finally have a quick, creative and energetic central midfielder, the type we have been crying out for for the last 7-8 years, a player who has impressed every time he has played and has 3 goals and 4 assists in very limited playing time, yet he can't get a start despite being better then just about any other midfielder we have. It's ridiculous. Blind or Carrick always have to play understandably as they are the deeper, holding players. Whether it is the 3-5-2, the diamond or a normal 4-4-2, Herrera should be an automatic starter. He brings everything we need in that midfield role but that nobody else can offer, yet he's not playing.

Truedevil

He brings so much more to the team than Fellaini.
I would play both of them tbf. Blind DM, Mata and Di Maria in a free role and Rooney upfront. On other match rest Mata and play two strikers etc but i would never ever break up such a potentially good midfield like the one we have. Such a waste.

No complaints regardless, LvG knows what he is doing.

Blue always red

Herrera - 1.8m
Fellaini - 1.92m with impeccable chest control

Fellaini is the only player in the team who can do a good job when we use the long-ball/early crossing tactics whereas Mata/Rooney/Di Maria can all do a similar job the Herrera. That's the only reason I can think of, that Fellaini adds another dimension to our attack.

manutddjw

The only answer I can come up with is the match fixing allegations. Maybe we're reluctant to make him a key component because there's a good chance he can be suspended. Other than that, there's no valid reason why he shouldn't be playing more often.

I don't think the not LvG's player is the reason. According to Van Gaal he was asked about him and gave his approval. I'm sure if Van Gaal had said he didn't rate him, Woodward and the Glazers would've been more than happy to save 30 Million.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hold on a second. I like Hererra and he deserves more playing time but I'd love to know what some of you guys were watching. He came on, ran around a bit whilst mostly doing feck all and gave the ball away, a lot.
He had 94% pass accuracy with 34 passes in 20 minutes, along with an assist? He didn't do anything special, but he had like 1 or 2 misplaced passes.

Bwuk

Herrera is a brilliant player.

I have no idea why he isn't starting week in week out for us.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Herrera deserved a run in the side after that goal against Yeovil, but it never came.

Hopefully he doesn't go sour here... lots of patience needed, evidently. But that's part of a larger problem of having no champions league play and essentially no capital one cup either. so few games to go round, it generally means fewer injuries and less need for rotation. of course, injuries have somehow been a problem for us this year despite the lack of games, but that's a different issue altogether.

Last edited:

Cina

Hold on a second. I like Hererra and he deserves more playing time but I'd love to know what some of you guys were watching. He came on, ran around a bit whilst mostly doing feck all and gave the ball away, a lot.
Sorry, what? 94% pass accuracy. I think you were watching the wrong game, somehow.

Sarni

No he doesn't at all. He will get plenty of time. More games next season and the way we are more chance of injuries. You are reading too much into things.
Why would he stay? He doesn't start games AT ALL. He hasn't started a game since Stoke which was December 2nd, since then he has started 1 game for us (Yeovil in the FA Cup).

Sam

No he didn't.

Why so people keep saying this kind of stuff? Its like his 'thing' thats just stuck.

Steven Seagull

I genuinely don't have a clue what he's doing with him. He's always good off the bench as well which you'd think would at least stand him in good stead for the following games. He actually got less minutes tonight than the 1st leg!

Maybe LvG likes Herrera on the bench because the rest of his subs are usually complete turd?

DomesticTadpole

Herrera deserved a run in the side after that goal against Yeovil, but it never came.

Hopefully he doesn't go sour here... lots of patience needed, evidently. But that's part of a larger problem of having no champions league play and essentially no capital one cup either. so few games to go round, it generally means fewer injuries and more need for rotation. of course, injuries have somehow been a problem for us this year despite the lack of games, but that's a different issue altogether.
That Capital One Cup debacle has not helped. Although Ander was injured after the Swansea game, he came back for the QPR game. He is having to learn to be a less riskier. He is getting there and is a good squad member. I was pleased that he got on and made a good contribution.

Sam

Sorry, what? 94% pass accuracy. I think you were watching the wrong game, somehow.
As an aside, where do you get your stats from? I always see people posting stats after the game but never know where to find them myself.

DomesticTadpole

I genuinely don't have a clue what he's doing with him. He's always good off the bench as well which you'd think would at least stand him in good stead for the following games. He actually got less minutes tonight than the 1st leg!

Maybe LvG likes Herrera on the bench because the rest of his subs are usually complete turd?
I have an idea with this possession football we are playing, he wants him to come off the bench when teams are tired and he can zip the ball about.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His lack of playing time is really starting to annoy me, not getting games in the FA Cup is crazy.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:lol:

Was that the game we had more of the ball than them and he said "well I know what I saw!"
Yea he was blathering on about them dominating possession and then Sky put the stats up and we'd had something like 60%.

DomesticTadpole

Why would he stay? He doesn't start games AT ALL. He hasn't started a game since Stoke which was December 2nd, since then he has started 1 game for us (Yeovil in the FA Cup).
Because he could win things here. I would want to show my kids and grandkids what medals I have won, not that I had played loads of games for some nothing team. As they say Show Me Your Medals. That is what matters to top players in the end.

DomesticTadpole

This guys professionalism is brilliant. He deserves a lot more game time than he is getting at the moment. Not a peep about the little game time he gets, just pure smiles.
He is, never moans, just comes on and tries to help his team. A good professional. You need those types in your squad.

Sarni

Because he could win things here. I would want to show my kids and grandkids what medals I have won, not that I had played loads of games for some nothing team. As they say Show Me Your Medals. That is what matters to top players in the end.
Win things while not playing at all? That makes no sense.

Cina

He will play enough to have earned whatever we win. Christ even Luke Bloody Chadwick has a medal. He will play plenty.
I think you're being overly optimistic here. Herrera knows he's too good to sit on the bench, why would a 25 year old coming into their prime want to do that when they can go somewhere else? Maybe not quite Man Utd, but probably not far off, and be a guaranteed starter. Not to mention the fact that he himself knows he's not getting games there because we're using a striker in midfield and a giant afroman instead.

DomesticTadpole

I think you're being overly optimistic here. Herrera knows he's too good to sit on the bench, why would a 25 year old coming into their prime want to do that when they can go somewhere else? Maybe not quite Man Utd, but probably not far off, and be a guaranteed starter. Not to mention the fact that he himself knows he's not getting games there because we're using a striker in midfield and a giant afroman instead.
Because he actually said the other day in an interview that yes he would like to play all the time, all players do, but he understands that it is different at a club like this. I also think if he left he would feel he had failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.