Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
van Gaal doesn't blindly throw darts at a board displaying our players just to select his sides, I hope we all know this.

buckooo1978

Ridiculous again from Van Gaal as far as I'm concerned

Herrera has been one of our more talented players this season and he's shown a real threat with passing and shooting

he helped turn the game for us Vrs Yeovil with a super shot but since then he's barely played with Rooney, Fellaini and Januzaj preferred

I really don't get it

Cina

van Gaal doesn't blindly throw darts at a board displaying our players just to select his sides, I hope we all know this.
What point are you trying to make here exactly? I think it's abundantly obvious LvG is very meticulous when picking his teams, the problem is that he often makes utterly ridiculous selections. People have every right to question his selections given his decisions thus far.

KiD MoYeS

What point are you trying to make here exactly? I think it's abundantly obvious LvG is very meticulous when picking his teams, the problem is that he often makes utterly ridiculous selections. People have every right to question his selections given his decisions thus far.
Some can't understand why Herrera isn't playing tonight, but I can think of a few reasons just off the top of my head. People can question van Gaal of course, but he's no fool.

Cina

Some can't understand why Herrera isn't playing tonight, but I can think of a few reasons just off the top of my head. People can question van Gaal of course, but he's no fool.
I think everyone knows the reasons behind it, or most do, it doesn't mean they're not fecking daft.

KiD MoYeS

I think everyone knows the reasons behind it, or most do, it doesn't mean they're not fecking daft.
I don't think they are daft though. For all we know he's affected by his trial, we just don't know everything and we certainly don't know more than van Gaal.

Cina

I don't think they are daft though. For all we know he's effected by his trial, we just don't know everything and we certainly don't know more than van Gaal.
But you're acting as if the only reason Herrera isn't playing is due to Fellaini and his height. What's to stop him playing ahead of Mata, or resting RvP, or Rooney? And clearly it's not just today. Today is a culmination of many months now of him being overlooked for no apparent reason.

Also if you're basing everything you say off the last comment there we may as well just not bother debating on here anymore. "Ah well sure Louis knows more than us, be grand, move on".

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I don't think they are daft though. For all we know he's affected by his trial, we just don't know everything and we certainly don't know more than van Gaal.
The problem is when nobody explains their decisions. Although I don't suppose that would be good for morale. Say is he came out and said I won't play him until I get some decent defenders.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
It's getting absolutely ridiculous now. What a waste of his talents. Can't even get a game against fourth tier opposition.

KiD MoYeS

But you're acting as if the only reason Herrera isn't playing is due to Fellaini and his height. What's to stop him playing ahead of Mata, or resting RvP, or Rooney? And clearly it's not just today. Today is a culmination of many months now of him being overlooked for no apparent reason.

Also if you're basing everything you say off the last comment there we may as well just not bother debating on here anymore. "Ah well sure Louis knows more than us, be grand, move on".
I'm just saying van Gaal works with these players everyday, he knows a lot more about them and how they fit into his system than we do. I don't get the outrage in all honesty, Herrera has been good and I think he does have a future with us once our squad is sorted and we can play the way van Gaal wants to play.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I don't think they are daft though. For all we know he's effected by his trial, we just don't know everything and we certainly don't know more than van Gaal.
I can't see it being the trial. But there's got to be something else behind this. Whatever footballing doubts VG could have, a home game against Cambridge is surely a game he could at least have played in. And if Herrera was a Woodward signing then surely there would be some pressure from above to play him and justify the 30m.
Maybe he has been late for training or something. But he really doesn't seem the type for that.

Cina

I'm just saying van Gaal works with these players everyday, he knows a lot more about them and how they fit into his system than we do. I don't get the outrage in all honesty, Herrera has been good and I think he does have a future with us once our squad is sorted and we can play the way van Gaal wants to play.
van Gaal has made plenty of questionable selection and tactical decisions in his tenure thus far and people have every right to question what the feck he's doing.

Especially when his 'system' has been, largely, a bit shit.

KiD MoYeS

van Gaal has made plenty of questionable selection and tactical decisions in his tenure thus far and people have every right to question what the feck he's doing.

Especially when his 'system' has been, largely, a bit shit.
Of course they do, I agree.

But is it really time for meltdown like we've seen in this thread? No.

DomesticTadpole

I can't see it being the trial. But there's got to be something else behind this. Whatever footballing doubts VG could have, a home game against Cambridge is surely a game he could at least have played in. And if Herrera was a Woodward signing then surely there would be some pressure from above to play him and justify the 30m.
Maybe he has been late for training or something. But he really doesn't seem the type for that.
Can't imagine he is the sort to be late, he seems the meticulous type. I think it is more personel reasons, that could change for him next season, he might have had this explained to him and understands the problems.

fallengt

I can't think of a reason why Fellaini should start in this game ahead of Herrea.. He got bullied by fecking Cambridge players last time and Herrera was the one who actually did something meaningful in that match.
I don't know what going behind the scene but LvG seems to give up on Herrera fairly quick. Mâta and Fellaini both been arguably average as Herrera but they're playing. :confused:

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
He'll probably come on at half time. Chill out people.

VP

You sure? Rooney on the right, Fellaini as the second striker today.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I just imagined that he's like Cornelius from this cartoon that Nils posts in 500K Thread. LVG got to be that frog.

arthurka

Rafael plays for the U21 and Herrera gets 20 min vs Cambridge.. The writing must be firmly on the wall for these guys...

DomesticTadpole

I think he is learning to blend in the side better. I still love the way he makes himself available for a pass. The assist for Wilson's goal was good as well. The lad got on and Falcao was probably stewing there wondering why he wasn't getting on.

Sam

He's a better midfielder then Rooney, thats for sure.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I think it's genuinely ridiculous that he's not playing any more than he is, and if it's purely from a performance/tactical point of view then it's one of the most idiotic things van Gaal has done so far. I reckon it has something more to do with the fact Herrera isn't his player, and he's making some kind of point to the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.