Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
He's just trying to prove a point with him, not sure what this point is though.
Given LvG's explanation in the press conference was that the team has better midfielders than Herrera, so Ander would have to wait, and that we have better forwards than Rooney, so Wayne would have to play in midfield, I think his point was: there is no point trying to understand it.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Given LvG's explanation in the press conference was that the team has better midfielders than Herrera, so Ander would have to wait, and that we have better forwards than Rooney, so Wayne would have to play in midfield, I think his point was: there is no point trying to understand it.
This.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Simply put, this lad needs to be starting for us.

People need to stop making lazy comparisons between him and Kagawa, as they both bring something different to the table.

Hererra had some great games for us at the start of the season, and he is capable of being a ball-winner yet a creative player at the same time.

Today against West Ham he would have been perfect as we had no real creative flair to unlock their tight defence.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yet another game where we are crying out for a proper midfielder like him and he doesn't get a look in. Also, I love how some people say things like he's not quite shown enough to deserve starts (when he definitely has, but anyways), yet those who are constantly starting have been giving 5 or 6/10 performances at the very best. People who aren't huge fans of his clutch at straws for reasons that he isn't starting when those same points should be used as to why the players who are starting, shouldn't be starting at all.

As a midfielder, Herrera has shown far more then pretty much anyone else in that position. Why he doesn't play is just baffling. He creates more chances then anyone bar Di Maria, so that solves one problem. He gets stuck in defensively and ups the speed of our play considerably, so that solves another one right away. He adds a goal threat from midfield and that's just a big bonus. There's no logical reason at all as to why he isn't starting, because with the way our current midfielders are playing, he should be one of the first names on the team sheet with everything he brings to the team.

Sam

So now even Januzaj is considered a better midfield option then Herrera? Even though he's, you know, a winger.

RuudTom83

Why spend 30 million on a 3/4 choice option then?...seriously the decision to buy Herrera becomes stranger the longer the season goes on.

Add to that LVG has no clear idea where he wants Di Maria to play and you are looking at nearly 100 million pounds on 2 players that are having very little impact on the team.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Pissing me off how he's just completely ignored. Probably wont start against Burnley again which will inevitably lead to another brutal performance by the "midfield"

prarek

Ah just what i suspected.. and feared. He see's Herrera as a no.10 playmaker. The position he played for Bilbao last season but surely he's more than capable of playing in the midfield as he's done the majority of his career. His defensive game is also better than any of our offensive players and the stats shows that. If LVG see's him as purely an attacking playmaker then might as well say goodbye to him. He's never going to make it.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Ah just what i suspected.. and feared. He see's Herrera as a no.10 playmaker. The position he played for Bilbao last season but surely he's more than capable of playing in the midfield as he's done the majority of his career. His defensive game is also better than any of our offensive players and the stats shows that. If LVG see's him as purely an attacking playmaker then might as well say goodbye to him. He's never going to make it.
Then he hasn't done enough research into the lad. He also plays 8. I hope LvG is gone before him. There I've said it. I wasn't bothered as such that the boy didn't start, but when it was obvious that yet again his team selection wasn't working, I expected like most fans he would make changes either at half time or just after. The manager hasn't got a clue what he is doing. He is bluffing his way through the job.

Raw

I'm going to be seriously worried about his future if he doesn't start against Burnley.

Then again I said the same thing about Cambridge. Why he doesn't even get a chance is beyond me.

DomesticTadpole

I'm going to be seriously worried about his future if he doesn't start against Burnley.

Then again I said the same thing about Cambridge. Why he doesn't even get a chance is beyond me.
The fans need to start singing his name all the time.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Would love to see the lad along side Blind with Mata as the number 10. One striker and two fast wingers.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Of course he won't start against Burnley. Or against anyone else this season. I genuinely think he won't start again for United.

Raw

Of course he won't start against Burnley. Or against anyone else this season. I genuinely think he won't start again for United.
Nah he'll get a start soon, and he'll score a goal and assist another 2. Then he'll never play again because he's too attacking which is against the philosophy.

prarek

Then he hasn't done enough research into the lad. He also plays 8. I hope LvG is gone before him. There I've said it. I wasn't bothered as such that the boy didn't start, but when it was obvious that yet again his team selection wasn't working, I expected like most fans he would make changes either at half time or just after. The manager hasn't got a clue what he is doing. He is bluffing his way through the job.
He played as a no.10 last season more out of necessity than it being his natural position. Its something the manager tried once and then stuck with it since it worked well for the team. Im surprised LVG doesn't see that. Im sure some people here remember that when we were first linked with him his videos were being posted about and it was all highlights of his tackles and defensive play.

DomesticTadpole

He played as a no.10 last season more out of necessity than it being his natural position. Its something the manager tried once and then stuck with it since it worked well for the team. Im surprised LVG doesn't see that. Im sure some people here remember that when we were first linked with him his videos were being posted about and it was all highlights of his tackles and defensive play.
Those games for Bilbao against us were great and people say he always played well against the big teams in Spain, Barcelona etc. Yet isn't good enough to play Cambridge. I am beginning to hate LvG for his pigheaded ways.

itso 7

LVG must have a very low opinion of the rest of the world if he expects anyone to genuinely believe that Herrera is worse than the horror midfield show we were subjected to tonight. Whilst I do agree that Herrera- Blind is too lightweight for this league I don't think reverting to Blind- Rooney - Di Maria is the brightest idea because the latter two are so careless in possession that they make Herrera look like Xavi. I don't see why we can't try a trio of Herrera, Fellaini and Blind.

itso 7

Don't be, because at this rate he will survive this madman's circus, LVG is a goner imo. He will not survive that big spending, the press won't let him.

DomesticTadpole

Don't be, because at this rate he will survive this madman's circus, LVG is a goner imo. He will not survive that big spending, the press won't let him.
The way he is using this squad and the digs that it is so unbalanced all the time, not sure the board will trust him with any more money. Especially if the name of Strootman crops up.

prarek

I don't think LVG is being candid when he says Herrera is a no.10 and will be competing with the attacking players. Why isn't he being considered for the midfield role? Fellaini played as a no.10 at Everton too. Rooney is a forward yet he's fine with playing him in the midfield. Just doesn't make sense.

ZDwyr

I don't think LVG is being candid when he says Herrera is a no.10 and will be competing with the attacking players. Why isn't he being considered for the midfield role? Fellaini played as a no.10 at Everton too. Rooney is a forward yet he's fine with playing him in the midfield. Just doesn't make sense.
Basically sums up LvG's tenure with us so far to be fair.

NK86

Is he being sidelined because LVG thinks he is the player to make way for Strootman?

DomesticTadpole

Is he being sidelined because LVG thinks he is the player to make way for Strootman?
If that is his mad logic, then if we keep dropping points he won't be here to buy Strootman. Although we shouldn't be touching him with a ten foot barge pole.

NK86

Cannot believe LVG thinks Falcao is a better striker than Rooney, especially considering Rooney was on fire at the start of the season.

NK86

If that is his mad logic, then if we keep dropping points he won't be here to buy Strootman. Although we shouldn't be touching him with a ten foot barge pole.
I thought Strootman had re-injured his knee?
Then why does Herrera twiddle his thumbs on the bench while Rooney blunders his way through midfield and Falcao misses sitters and is generally useless?

ZDwyr

Then why does Herrera twiddle his thumbs on the bench while Rooney blunders his way through midfield and Falcao misses sitters and is generally useless?
I think because the captain must always play, and...I don't know about the Falcao thing. There must be some agreement about him getting first team appearances.

LR7

Drop Falcao and play 4-3-3:

Blind
Rooney Herrera
Januzaj RvP Di Maria
So much more balance and stability. Mata and Fellaini can rotate in for Januzaj/Herrera.

NK86

I think because the captain must always play, and...I don't know about the Falcao thing. There must be some agreement about him getting first team appearances.
I didn't rate Welbeck as much as some on here did but the decision to let him go was really stupid, considering he was the only first team striker who actually had the pace to get behind an opposition defense. Baffling we would be stuck with Falcao (and I really think LVG will buy him) and we will keep on struggling.

Edit: Think that LVG has a huge man-crush on Falcao. I still remember how he praised Falcao for putting away just the one chance he had in training and saying this is the level of striker we want and United. Guess what, he has had those chances during matches and he hardly makes use of them.

ZDwyr

If LvG buys Falcao then that would be his most stupid decision. And there has been some stupid ones.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Rooney
Di Maria Mata Januzaj (Di Maria playing more centrally than a winger)
Herrera Blind
Shaw Smalling Rojo Valencia
De Gea

If you insist on van Persie:

van Persie
Di Maria Mata Rooney
Herrera Blind
De Gea

Against tougher opposition:

Rooney
Di Maria Herrera Mata
Blind Fellaini
De Gea

But obviously it won't ever happen.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We have a shit midfield and this lad just doesnt get a chance. Rooney is so poor and Januzaj is a winger while ADM needs to class midfielders behind him to fully florish. It's so obvious to see except for our own manager

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
: Ander Herrera's last Premier League start for Man Utd was on 2nd December vs. Stoke. He got an assist on that day.

Devil may care

Whether I agreed or not I could see the arguments for Fellaini and even Rooney or Mata, but I don't see what Adnan does on the left side that Herrera can't do better and quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.