g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Ander Herrera image 21

Ander Herrera Spain flag

2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Lad must be wondering why the hell he left Spain.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
LVG has lost his marbles playing Rooney in midfield consistently over Herrera. He's better as a midfielder than Mata, Fellaini, Rooney, and Januzaj.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
: Ander Herrera's last Premier League start for Man Utd was on 2nd December vs. Stoke. He got an assist on that day.
He got an assist in his last sub appearance and the last start in all comps was the start of January and he scored a great volley that day too.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I've heard rumours that Herrera has some off field attitude (not going to repeat here as not very flattering) and likes to drink a bit too much? I stress I don't know the truth of it. Just wondering has anyone heard anything remotely similar?

Ibi Dreams

I've heard rumours that Herrera has some off field attitude (not going to repeat here as not very flattering) and likes to drink a bit too much? I stress I don't know the truth of it. Just wondering has anyone heard anything remotely similar?
I've not heard anything negative about him whatsoever personally

penalty snot

Got problems with creating things from midfield?

Keep your creative players on the bench.

Got no balance in the squad?

Play two wingers and a striker in midfield.

Funny though how we looked more dangerous and played better football when we had a ridiculous injury crisis and LvG HAD to play a certain team and bunch of players.

Now he's got the full pick he picks a team that makes little sense

Shark

@NotShark
The signing made a lot of sense actually, was exactly the type of player we've been crying out for for years. The lack of use of him has been baffling though.
That's what I meant. Baffling that LVG would give the green light to a 30m midfilder he was going to play his best striker over.

Jazz

The signing made a lot of sense actually, was exactly the type of player we've been crying out for for years. The lack of use of him has been baffling though.
That's why I'm wondering about the rumours of his 'antics'.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Just be patient guys, you did the same with Shaw, Januzaj and Falcao.

Ringo 07

The problem with Herrera is that he doesn't offer enough cover to play in central midfield currently which has resulted in our central midfield getting walked all over in a couple of games he played in many months ago. He's decent as an attacking midfielder but we need wingers right now. Falcao has been gash overall but so has Herrera in any meaningful game we've played in the last few months. So maybe Van Gaal still believes Falcao can ignite into life. I am sure Herrera will get the final 30 minutes tonight any ways if either of our strikers are not having a great game which is very likely. I have no doubt that Herrera was a Moyes signing that Van Gaal took a punt on seem as he couldn't think of anyone else available that could play box to box central midfield in the short time he had to prepare last summer

Devil may care

That's the message board equivalent of a tit flash drive by. :nono:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The problem with Herrera is that he doesn't offer enough cover to play n central midfield currently which has resulted in our central midfield getting walked all over in a couple of games he played in many months ago.
But Di Maria, Januzaj, and Rooney do?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We're apparently selling all our new signings if you listen to this board.
Yes :lol: Summer 2015= Anti summer 2014.

For me whether it's defensively or offensively, there isn't a single thing Rooney is better than Herrera in that particular role. Surely LVG uses criteria we don't have knowledge of to make his decisions.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Seems like dropping him altogether would be the way to send a message if that were the case.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
If anything the word is exactly the opposite

Jazz

Seems like dropping him altogether would be the way to send a message if that were the case.
I guess. Just don't know what the hell is going on… ah well irrespective of this, let's just win tonight.

Jazz

That's the message board equivalent of a tit flash drive by. :nono:
Glad I didn't elaborate because everyone whose answered my question is saying the exact opposite of what I've been hearing:lol:

Devil may care

Glad I didn't elaborate because everyone whose answered my question is saying the exact opposite of what I've been hearing:lol:
There are secrets within secrets, maybe Ander is only here as a cover for his CIA work. :eek:

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
He'll probably leave in the summer if things continue like this.
With Euro 2016 next summer he certainly won't want to be faffing about on the bench at United. Even should we secure fourth place, it is neither a guarantee of CL football nor a sign that Herrera's circumstances shall change significantly.

Man Utd 3:1 Burnley

JUPITER

Baffling signing.
The signing was one of the most sensible we've made in the last 5 years.

The treatment of the player thus far under Van Gaal, however, has been utterly baffling - especially as it coincides with the treatment of Wayne Rooney (i.e playing him as a midfielder) which is equally baffling.

I imagine if it continues throughout the whole season one or both players will likely put in transfer requests at the end of the season.

BarstoolProphet

I'm having a hard time believing that. He was praised for his attitude and down-to-earth character upon his arrival so REALLY doubt he has changed since. Seems like one of the most polite and nice guys out there.

Shark

@NotShark
The signing was one of the most sensible we've made in the last 5 years.

The treatment of the player thus far under Van Gaal, however, has been utterly baffling - especially as it coincides with the treatment of Wayne Rooney (i.e playing him as a midfielder) which is equally baffling.

I imagine if it continues throughout the whole season one or both players will likely put in transfer requests at the end of the season.
See my previous reply to this post.

Jazz

I'm having a hard time believing that. He was praised for his attitude and down-to-earth character upon his arrival so REALLY doubt he has changed since. Seems like one of the most polite and nice guys out there.
Yep, my first impression of him was polite and intelligent. But who knows what goes on behind the scenes? In any case, if he's being a model professional, someone needs to tell LVG to play him because it doesn't make any sense.

Speedicut75

The problem with Herrera is that he doesn't offer enough cover to play in central midfield currently which has resulted in our central midfield getting walked all over in a couple of games he played in many months ago. He's decent as an attacking midfielder but we need wingers right now. Falcao has been gash overall but so has Herrera in any meaningful game we've played in the last few months. So maybe Van Gaal still believes Falcao can ignite into life. I am sure Herrera will get the final 30 minutes tonight any ways if either of our strikers are not having a great game which is very likely. I have no doubt that Herrera was a Moyes signing that Van Gaal took a punt on seem as he couldn't think of anyone else available that could play box to box central midfield in the short time he had to prepare last summer
I think he's played reasonably well in CM, and I can't remember many 'gash performances' to be fair; and I also can't recall a 'meaningful game' ,of late, where the manager has had the minerals to play him.
I hope he does get his chance as the thought of Wayne gifting endless passages of possession to the opposition is starting to irritate; and the Spaniard's ability to look after himself seems much underappreciated as from what I've witnessed he appears perfectly happy to put his proverbial size 10 in.
I think, like many, the square-peg complex, where Rooney is concerned, is beginning to look increasingly bizarre and to allow a dedicated midfielder, like Herrera, to sit passively by, while his talents could be better employed, or even examined, in the role he was trained to play seems fatuous at best.

DevilRed

Hope he puts in a good second half because he needs to be on the pitch ahead of the likes of Falcao.

Our only recognized central midfielder at this moment. Quite sad how after 5 years we still haven't sorted out our midfield.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He shouldn't have come on. Should have been Fellaini. Van Gaal is utterly clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.