Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark

@NotShark
I don't think that he was anything amazing as some as saying on here, but it was a solid performance and he should be playing over Rooney.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Tempo wise he was solid today not to mention he got a real ball control which by the way is a must have in any Premier League club.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

I want to hope this means Herrera will play next game...

...but then I recall Van Gaal used the word 'class' when speaking about Herrera after Yeovil (A), and after that game Ander vanished into the black hole of substitute land.

Ringo 07

I don't think he did anything special but he has to start ahead of Falcao and Mata from now on. Both Mata and Falcao have failed to perform in tough games even though Mata has played well against weaker sides and Falcao ahead of Herrera just doesn't make sense right now

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't think he did anything special but he has to start ahead of Falcao and Mata from now on. Both Mata and Falcao have failed to perform in tough games even though Mata has played well against weaker sides and Falcao ahead of Herrera just doesn't make sense right now
Maybe it was because he was next to Rooney so stood out more but I thought he was great in the second half. Played some lovely balls forward to Di Maria, kept it tidy, covered well defensively, played it forward at a quicker pace when we needed too... Did everything right basically. He should be an automatic starter based on everything he offers, he's just so much better then our other midfielders. He doesn't even have to do anything amazing really, just the way he plays and what he brings naturally is a big improvement on anyone else we put there.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
He didn't do anything special but it was good to see him get some minutes today. I really want to see him in the number 10 role with RVP and Rooney up top.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Actually he should be playing with Mata, not instead of him.

But that makes too much sense.

Herrera - Blind

Di Maria - Mata - Januzaj

Rooney
If only...

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Solid performance for someone whose been stuck on the bench for quite a while… so hoping he starts the next game…..

izec

I want to hope this means Herrera will play next game...

...but then I recall Van Gaal used the word 'class' when speaking about Herrera after Yeovil (A), and after that game Ander vanished into the black hole of substitute land.
i think that was a misinterpretation. He said his goal was class, but also a bit lucky. Henry Winter got it wrong and said he is class. I watched the press conf to see if he really said that, but i think he meant the goal.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Maybe it was because he was next to Rooney so stood out more but I thought he was great in the second half. Played some lovely balls forward to Di Maria, kept it tidy, covered well defensively, played it forward at a quicker pace when we needed too... Did everything right basically. He should be an automatic starter based on everything he offers, he's just so much better then our other midfielders. He doesn't even have to do anything amazing really, just the way he plays and what he brings naturally is a big improvement on anyone else we put there.
The fact that he is keeping it neat and tidy might be helping him with the manager. The fact that Ringo 07 said he didn't do anything special, the things we actually like him doing, was getting him dropped for taking risks. He's becoming a good steady player who can thread balls through, is always on the move and creates chances for others is just what we have been needing.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Solid performance for someone whose been stuck on the bench for quite a while… so hoping he starts the next game…..
That is another thing good about him, he can get involved in a game straight away and doesn't seem to suffer for not playing.

Enigma_87

You know who
Has to start in every game. Rooney in his place is diabolical. Looks good/solid every time he gets a chance.

ChaddyP

Actually he should be playing with Mata, not instead of him.

But that makes too much sense.

Herrera - Blind

Di Maria - Mata - Januzaj

Rooney
If only...

if only indeed. We looked like Manchester United of old when we switched to winger system. Adnan and di maria bursting down the wings taking on ppl in the box. Its what gave us our first penalty finally

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don't think that he was anything amazing as some as saying on here, but it was a solid performance and he should be playing over Rooney.
I see that kind of posts every week, but I don't see anyone calling him amazing. I think most here just see that he's effective in what he does, and he’s much much better than Rooney there. Today he kept it simple and if you believe some on here, that’s what van Gaal wants from him so I bet there’s a big chance he will start next game.

Enigma_87

You know who
Just listening to LvG press conference, praising Rooney to the sky for taking over Blinds position.
I'm not sure what Rooney makes of all this. He was throwing strops at Fergie for playing him outside striker position now seems content in playing even as CDM.
Personally, given his performances recently, he's absolute waste there.

m1y2

he needs to get proper run of games, then he will be amazing.. today he was solid and I was happy to see him on the pitch but could have been something else which forced Van Gaal to send him on than Blind's injury. Still I think he should be the first name on the team sheet.

Will be interesting to see who will play in that deeper role or will we play 4-4-2 again?
Shame we let Pearson go on loan..

ZDwyr

Thought Fellaini should have been the one who came on but Herrera was solid. He and Fellaini should both be in our midfield IMO but oh well. Herrera outshone Rooney (not that that means a whole lot but he should be starting ahead of him).

beergod

"Wayne, this is how you avoid getting dicked over in possession"

It was nice seeing someone quickly release the ball to our players in space. We have missed that this season.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'm not sure what Rooney makes of all this. He was throwing strops at Fergie for playing him outside striker position now seems content in playing even as CDM.
Maybe Rooney has matured as a player and as a man and is accepting things he wouldn't have before ? The salary increase doesn't hurt either.

PvsNP

I just don't see why LvG said earlier he needs to improve. I mean, obviously he should always seek to be better, but he's easily one of our best midfielders every time he plays. He should be one of the first names in the starting 11.

Devil may care

I understand why LvG is reluctant to play the Blind/Herrera midfield but I think Herrera has given himself a chance to get a couple of starts, hopefully he does well.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'm not sure how content he is but he deserves credit for sticking at it and not having a moan to the press. He's watching his chance to make Manchester United history as one our most prolific goal-scorers ever get further away with each game he plays, while tweedle dum and tweedle dumber lumber around up top, missing sitters. Not many strikers in world football who would tolerate a situation like that and still run themselves into the ground for the team.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I understand why LvG is reluctant to play the Blind/Herrera midfield but I think Herrera has given himself a chance to get a couple of starts, hopefully he does well.
I don't. It's well balanced.

He'll be back on the bench for the next game, we shouldn't fool ourselves, should we?

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah, the hyperbole over every game he plays is crazy. Our improvement had much more to do with the change in formation than his individual contribution. Did well though. A very competent display.

Januzaj and DiMaria really aren't working as CMs and Hererra deserves a crack instead of one or other of them.

Devil may care

I don't. It's well balanced.

He'll be back on the bench for the next game, we shouldn't fool ourselves, should we?
It's too weak physically for the PL in my view.

Blind and Carrick are injured and LvG chose Herrera over Fellaini tonight after naming Fellaini as a striker option in his last presser. I think Ander has a very good chance of starting the enxt couple of games.

Devil may care

I'm not sure how content he is but he deserves credit for sticking at it and not having a moan to the press. He's watching his chance to make Manchester United history as one our most prolific goal-scorers ever get further away with each game he plays, while tweedle dum and tweedle dumber lumber around up top, missing sitters. Not many strikers in world football who would tolerate a situation like that and still run themselves into the ground for the team.
I have not always been the biggest fan of Rooney but despite his woeful passing you can't criticize his workrate and desire to compete for the team that's for sure. I can only imagine LvG has promised him a more advanced role next season once he's gotten in the CM's he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.