Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Has done well in a proper midfield role in a 4-4-2... Class pass right there as well. Rooney next to him do poor though

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Weird that, once Herrera came on our passing was a little more crisp.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
The fact that he doesn't absolutely shit himself when put under the slightest bit of pressure makes him a must for our midfield.

pseudo_canadian

Thought he changed our flow of play after coming on. Though I think it helps that Burnley were getting tired and Falcao off for Wilson gave us more speed/space further up the field.

Baffling that van Gaal doesn't start him every game.

binary bot
It's an absolute joke that Rooney is starting in front of him. That's not a sleight on Rooney, he's simply not a midfielder - a case of wage packet/name over ability, whether it's a case of Rooney/van Persie/Falcao forcing him out for "balance".

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Weird that, once Herrera came on our passing was a little more crisp.
I know right! Its almost like the two things are related. Do you think Louis Van Gaal will notice? My money's on Ander being on the bench for our next game. :lol:

Raw

Done well today, especially when having to be thrown into a team with no DM.

Of course, Van Gaal won't play him for another month.

shabz

Came on and showed calmness when we needed it. Needs to be a starter for me, no point in trying to set up the way we do if we cant make the necessary passes.

Truedevil

He is so much better with his pal Juan around but still it was a decent game for him. Nothing spectacular that he usually does but no one was that good today.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Did more than enough to suggest he should be starting. Then again, I'm not exactly sure what our 'deserves to start' policy is.

I was worried he might be shite in training or something, explaining his absences, but can't fault his contribution on the pitch.

Kept it neat and tidy, created a couple of good breaks, and only had one poor pass.

prarek

Said this in the match thread. He was the only proper midfielder we had out there and it showed. Without being spectacular he released Di Maria twice, one of which led to the penalty. None of our other players had this vision from the midfield because they are primarily programmed to be a forward/winger/defender. He's also very comfortable when put under pressure.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I think he did very good considering the circumstances. He just had to play it simple and safe. I want to see his stats from this game.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Felt a bit for him when he was thrown into deep ocean of shit in the first half as he couldn't find himself some place but done well in the second half.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Did well. Quite clearly our best midfielder.

Infra-red

Decent/solid performance. He's an actual midfield player, why on earth does Van Gaal insist on continuously starting wingers and strikers in midfield ahead of him. Baffling.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Nothing special today but tonnes better than Rooney in midfield.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
In fact I think this was the kind of performance that LvG wants from him. Little risk, simple passing, I bet his defensive stats will be very good too. This should keep him in the team.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
In fact I think this was the kind of performance that LvG wants from him. Little risk, simple passing, I bet his defensive stats will be very good too. This should keep him in the team.
He gave the ball away badly once for a Burnley counter attack. I reckon that's enough for van Gaal to bench him again.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Along with Di Maria was probably our best player in that second half. Just plays so much more intelligently then the others, keeps calm under pressure and definitely has an eye for a through pass to relieve pressure. Should be Herrera + Carrick/Blind in a midfield duo, easily. None of the others come close to those 3 when it comes to playing in defensive or center midfield.

I have hope that Van Gaal will have took notice to that performance from him though, as he played with real maturity and picked out the right pass almost every time, and played some lovely balls in to Di maria for counter attacks.

Devil may care

Many Blind's have died to bring us this Herrera......

Played it cautious and sensible, staying in line with Rooney to keep midfield tight and it worked.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Again maid the difference in midfield, much better passing, simple, effective...
Poor old Ander....always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Anyone think that performance made any impression on Louis?

ottosec

I didn't think he was anything special, but he should still start in midfield over Rooney, in the current setup.

gza the genius

Nothing special today but tonnes better than Rooney in midfield.
This is all that really matters. He wasn't great today by any means but he was still better than anything Rooney has done in midfield. Herrera should be starting next to Blind, Rooney can fight it out with RvP and Falcao for striker or Mata and Fellaini for attacking mid/third midfield place.

Status
Not open for further replies.