g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Ander Herrera image 21

Ander Herrera Spain flag

2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SalfordRed1960

The media would be proud of the pre-determind narrative the Caf has played out over the last 24 hours.

Herrera had a poor first half and wasn't bad in the second half, the goal was well taken.

Rooney was straight up average.

Yet after weeks of bleating on about Herrera starting and Rooney up front people are desperate to be proven right. Have a sense of perspective, please.
Agreed.

I thought Rooney was very poor in the first half, yet his fanboys were going crazy over how there was movement. He was so slow it was unbelievable. When he did come out of his position (my pet hate) his passing was dreadful.

I love Herrera, but I didn't even know he was on the park in the first half. In fairness, every time United got the ball it was obvious they were told to give it to Di Maria, which was good, so not much happened on his side of the park.

Overall, I would be happy with playing the team that finished against Swansea. Maybe bring on Mata for Fellani if the goals don't come.

izec

Rooney was good compared to the shite RvP and Falcao deliver every week. Herrera was good too. Now suddenly they had both average games. Let them play a few games like yesterday, i am sure they will improve. Rooney forgot how to play up top. Van Gaal castrated Herrera to fit him in his CM role. They cant suddenly be world beaters.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't think it can to be honest, I think you need a formation that is going to stretch both lines of an opponents defence and the diamond doesn't do that. It's a slight upgrade offensively to 352 because we push a body up field and have a man over in the centre, but organised defences will stay compact and render it obsolete. In terms of effectiveness, I'm going on a results basis and with the squad we have and our aim for the season, I think one loss in nineteen is actually quite remarkable.
Think you are wrong about the 433 buddy but I'll respect your opinion. But a 433 with two attacking full backs can be awesome to watch.

mu77

Think you are wrong about the 433 buddy but I'll respect your opinion. But a 433 with two attacking full backs can be awesome to watch.
or some variation of it , but 4 at the back with the fbs attacking . 4-4-2 , 4-2-3-1 . 4-3-3. get this guy on the field with blind v swansea.

Walters_19_MuFc

Di Maria hasn't always been on the wing. If there was no reason for him to be on the wing then you might want to explain what he was doing there then.
It's similar vs West Brom. He's more central and on the left vs Chelsea. Possibly because he won't help much vs Hazard as Hazard is so much quicker.

Basically, United played with a diamond midfield in most of those games and he's usually on the right side of the diamond. Against Arsenal he was supposed to be one of three central midfielder in a 3 CB formation but a lot of the time he was way out right, pretty much where Valencia was.
Fair enough in terms of the positioning. Maybe that's more to do with him doubling up with the winger, and when we kicked the ball out wide to him, though, but we did not play a diamond in the games I mentioned, which was my initial point. We played a 4141.

izec

2nd game in a row he is starting. No coincidence with his change of playing style. Seems to adapt to LvG's instructions, even if he loses some of his qualities.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Delighted to see him start today, hope he has a good game. A great lineup by Louis, which worries me... whenever I'm happy with it we seem to play shite.

Trizy

Ander Herrera at Manchester United: 6 starts 6 goals 5 assists

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I loved how he repeatedly passed the ball out of play and gave Shelvey all the space in the world to cross it.

Something special this lad.
He passed the ball out of play when his team-mates weren't showing the same urgency to get forward and actually do something positive, and it's not his fault he was tasked with marking two men...Shelvey should've been van Persie's.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's been one of his best performances for us. That's not saying much though.

I'd say the agendas are with those praising him today or midweek. The ultimate passenger player.
Take off the fecking blinkers pal. Our best player today by a distance. Scored a goal, consistently played the right pass, works hard defensively and always looks to get involved in everything. You should look up the definition of a passenger if you think he's one.

Status
Not open for further replies.