6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parma Dewol

He looks good in our current squad because while most of the team passes sideways or backwards, he tends to move things forward. Perhaps that why LvG doesn't like him? Herrera's urgency doesn't fit into the slow, plodding philosophy.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He looks good in our current squad because while most of the team passes sideways or backwards, he tends to move things forward. Perhaps that why LvG doesn't like him? Herrera's urgency doesn't fit into the slow, plodding philosophy.

Then maybe we should make Herrera the manager as I would rather watch the football he likes to play.

m1y2

I wasn't talking about today I was talking about his United career so far. Don't let that get in the way of you being condescending for no apparent reason though.
okay but I meant it the same way like judging his career here, I used an example of today's game but I meant it as a whole.He is hardly hiding and saying he is often invisible in last 30mins is harsh especially for a player like him who is trying to be opposite. He had maybe one or two games where he was say "too tidy" it was rather in games where others stood out or they all didn't well. But it is acceptable.

So I guess you are wrong it's like saying Van Persie did good job up front this season, he is only slightly off form recently. No he's not it's opposite, his overal performance level dropped and he had glimpses of form in three games and I am generous.

Never mind man I guess it doesn't matter, and if you were pointing out with those "last thirty mins" as one of the reasons why Van Gaal struggle to be convinced with his overall performance, I was always of the opinion that it was the incautious and at times rush risky passing. That it was always one of those two passes which he screws and let the other team to threat with counter but when you've seen Rooney playing there and even Blind making loads of mistakes you must think it must be something else.. I guess it is the overall more adventurous approach to the game which he drilled at Athletic club and which is IMO much closer to the natural and surely closer to United style of play.

But you are right in one thing and that the last thirty minutes can really turn the look of your whole performance of your game.. It's almost like sometimes it doesn't matter how shite you are in the first half but it's tha last half of our which matters..

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Good performance and pleased for him with his goal, he can certainly strike a ball.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I know it was going wide and all, but he does have a habit of popping up in those positions and when laid off to him, striking a nice ball hard and low. Not gonna draw comparisons with you-know-who* but it's something we haven't seen for a while.

*No, not voldemort...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I know it was going wide and all, but he does have a habit of popping up in those positions and when laid off to him, striking a nice ball hard and low. Not gonna draw comparisons with you-know-who* but it's something we haven't seen for a while.

*No, not voldemort...
Obviously it's pretty irrelevant but I didn't see any deflection on it? Thought it just went straight in.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

*No, not voldemort...
I think that's why a lot of fans really resonate with him. We haven't had an all action midfielder like him since, Scholes, really.

2 man midfield

Obviously it's pretty irrelevant but I didn't see any deflection on it? Thought it just went straight in.
It was slight, however much there was on it. It may well have been on target, only seen it twice. But he's done it a few times, always controls the shot well.

jeff_goldblum

Didn't manage to catch the game today but glad to hear he's done well despite the result. How was he deployed and how was his general play aside from the goal?

bugmat

Did well. The team wasn't set up properly though and he's ended up on the losing side - ours.

mattsville

He is a great midfield player, positive, forward thinking, comfortable in tight situations and he has an eye for goal, he is a bit slight but he does not shirk away from the battle, he puts himself about aswell, glad we signed him, pity he is under used.

izec

He is a great midfield player, positive, forward thinking, comfortable in tight situations and he has an eye for goal, he is a bit slight but he does not shirk away from the battle, he puts himself about aswell, glad we signed him, pity he is ander used.
fixed it :)

ZDwyr

I wasn't one who was praising him when he was on the bench but he has impressed me since coming back into the team. He won't get dropped. If he does then that would just be a moronic decision. Our MOTM by some distance I thought.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Cleared 1 off the line too don't forget, that's like scoring 2... right? :drool:

2 man midfield

5 goals and 4 assists in 18 games is very good. The thing that's even more annoying than the fact we don't seem keen on using him is the fact we haven't seen those numbers from a central midfielder for years.

Fbh112

squelchy shoes
Did miss the game but pleased to hear how he done. Hopefully he has cemented his place in the team and gets a run of games. Like him a-lot, quite frustrating that he hasn't featured as much as he should.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good performance today, was one of the few players to leave with their head held high.

I must say I didn't buy into all the hype when he was on the bench. But he has proved me wrong! He has had a positive impact on our attacking play, and puts in a shift defensively.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
:lol:
Can you blame him? After a loss you don't think straight. He's a great midfielder for us.

Devil may care

I'd love to see him play for us in a properly set up 3 man midfield, I think a Blind/Schneiderlin/Herrera trio would be pretty damn good.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
:lol:
Can you blame him? After a loss you don't think straight. He's a great midfielder for us.
Well one of them was after the first half, a half in which he was by far our best player, scored a goal and had a clearance off the line. Yet the guy criticized him for a pass that went out of bounds because McNair was sleeping.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
5 goals and 4 assists in 18 games is very good. The thing that's even more annoying than the fact we don't seem keen on using him is the fact we haven't seen those numbers from a central midfielder for years.
If you add Mata into the mix, you'll see that our 2 most productive creators have been bafflingly dropped for large periods so that we can play with 2 clowns upfront and a striker in midfield.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Terrible result, but Ander played quite well. Hopefully he gets more game time.

Name Changed

weso26
He's comfortably our best midfielder, and it is absolutely astounding that he isn't in the team every week, never mind the bit-part player he has seemed to become.

Status
Not open for further replies.