Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Good game, he can do much better than this but even this is more than enough to keep his place in the midfield. Much better than Rooney there, plus he is actually proving he is very consistent scorer from midfield too. I don't think he'll always keep this goal record, but he is definitely a goal threat, so I really don't see any reason to not start him, especially because he was great defensively today too.

I think you really need to be daft to start the likes of Falcao or van Persie over him(I know they aren't playing in same position, but playing them up front usually means playing Rooney in midfield, which means Herrere on the bench).

VP

Fantastic player and possibly our best midfielder - bit worrying its taken our manager 7 months to recognise.

m1y2

he is our best player in the team I always said that, two MOTM performances in a row, two goals, 3 goals in three starts, what more do you want and the creativity, availability with goals and assists is not the main thing about this fella, he is very humble intelligent guy who works hard for the team and plays for the badge.

Absolutely love him, he was different class to anyone on the pitch today, shame we didn't win so he would have stood out much more. Even Van Gaal who doesn't rate him that much had to sub off di maria who played below par and not really impressed in last couple of games. I hope today Ander opened Van Gaal's eyes and he will start to pick him and this ignorance has ended..

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is our 17th players by minutes played in the premierleague. :lol:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
he is our best player in the team I always said that, two MOTM performances in a row, two goals, 3 goals in three starts, what more do you want and the creativity, availability with goals and assists is not the main thing about this fella, he is very humble intelligent guy who works hard for the team and plays for the badge.

Absolutely love him, he was different class to anyone on the pitch today, shame we didn't win so he would have stood out much more. Even Van Gaal who doesn't rate him that much had to sub off di maria who played below par and not really impressed in last couple of games. I hope today Ander opened Van Gaal's eyes and he will start to pick him and this ignorance has ended..
He is a good player, as you say, I think he really understand what playing for Manchester United means. Not sure ADM and Falcao do. If he doesn't pick him LvG will get all the stick he deserves and rightly so.

Devil may care

One of our brighter sparks today, always looking for the chance to open things up but also played with the discipline that LvG wants.

Timdbro

Faded a little bit in the second half, he seems to perform better when we try to transition quickly from defence to attack rather than slowly build up play.

Still my MOTM though, easily. If he doesn't keep his place vs. Sunderland I will give up hope on LVG ever ceasing to be an idiot.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Our best player today IMO. One of few players who can actually beat a man and took his goal well. If only we attacked with more fluidity to better suit him.

m1y2

He is a good player, as you say, I think he really understand what playing for Manchester United means. Not sure ADM and Falcao do. If he doesn't pick him LvG will get all the stick he deserves and rightly so.
Yeah fans really love him and rightly so. I liked his two little "mistakes" today. It was actually two almost perfectly timed balls, he payed it wide to McNair who was unable to get to the ball in time as he was on his heels and didn't expect to start the attack so soon..

It's our philosophy these days. Be patient and don't hurry anything up. I watched some of Bilbao games last couple of years since their win at OT, and they don't stop. It's different intensity and different joy to watch. I believe with some right additions we could play the same sort of football, but not with three most forward players as fast and mobile as Rooney-VP-Fellaini..

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Has been said a million times before but needs reiterating - Ander must start every game hence forth. His ingenuity, movement and tenacity just adds another dimension to our midfield play, not to mention the surprising level of productivity he's displaying as a starter. Cyclic possession be damned, sometimes risk-takers who can be your creative sparks are just as important if not more so. Plus, in terms of intangibles he just gets it. An almost prototypical United player in terms of his confidence, approach and determination for the cause.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Agreed.
But also we should remember that when Carrick plays, we normally win. So, there's that.

--------Carrick ---Blind-------
Herrera-----Rooney-----Di Maria
------------Wilson-------------

Mata, Januzaj interchangeable for any of the three behind the striker when someone is injured/needs a rest.

I really feel that's how we can get the best out of the players we have. Obviously I'm just a fan and not LVG, but I'd love to see us try this.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He's been great in the first half but I don't understand why he backed off so much in the second half, could rarelly see him involved as much as in the first half and often saw him close to the half-line for some reason.

DomesticTadpole

He's been great in the first half but I don't understand why he backed off so much in the second half, could rarelly see him involved as much as in the first half and often saw him close to the half-line for some reason.
I can't imagine he did that of his own accord. You wonder if they are told to keep it tight, then concede then panic.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I can't imagine he did that of his own accord. You wonder if they are told to keep it tight, then concede then panic.
Yea that's what I was thinking too but then you've had Blind charging forward from time to time :lol: Seriously, hardly anything this season makes any fecking sense.

Cina

Going by LvG's logic so far this season he'll identify him as the reason we lost because it's the first time he started him in ages, and bench him again for ages.

Who hasn't he played in ages who the fans have been moaning about him not playing? Mata maybe? That'll do, straight swap.

DomesticTadpole

Going by LvG's logic so far this season he'll identify him as the reason we lost because it's the first time he started him in ages, and bench him again for ages.

Who hasn't he played in ages who the fans have been moaning about him not playing? Mata maybe? That'll do, straight swap.
Mata should have started in this game with Herrera. ADM looks a lot happier with both of them in the side. Why was Fellaini there? LvG's logic? I just find the man baffling. I am beginning to think the players do as well.

Trizy

Is this correct.
Can someone verify this?
If so, these are outstanding stats.
Didn't check it up, found it on facebook and no one objected in the comments below so thought there might be some truth to it.

EDIT: 6-5-4 I'm getting so I'm guessing the rest is including pre-season.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I love his approach but in almost every game he's played for us he's practically disappeared in the last 30 minutes and it leaves us a little vulnerable in the middle. Not sure whether it's mental or physical but it does give van Gaal a reason to put him back on the bench.

Is this correct.
Can someone verify this?
If so, these are outstanding stats.
They're not but his stats are still impressive. He's started 9 games, scored 5 goals and gotten 3 assists.

m1y2

I love his approach but in almost every game he's played for us he's practically disappeared in the last 30 minutes and it leaves us a little vulnerable in the middle. Not sure whether it's mental or physical but it does give van Gaal a reason to put him back on the bench.

They're not but his stats are still impressive. He's started 9 games, scored 5 goals and gotten 3 assists.
what are you talking about? it's not true. He is working hard through the whole game so there are maybe more fresh players but he is still always available even at the end of games. It's not like Van Persie has stamina for 50minutes maximum per game.. looks like pub player to someone like Herrera.

I think today he was one trying to do something in the end but we were constantly pushing our center backs up front so he was waiting back ofte with Blind covering the space.. He is not hiding at all.. but it is sometimes like that the focus of the game is at one side of the pitch and the ball passes by you... everybody who ever played football on some level knows this..

itso 7

--------Carrick ---Blind-------
Herrera-----Rooney-----Di Maria
------------Wilson-------------

Mata, Januzaj interchangeable for any of the three behind the striker when someone is injured/needs a rest.

I really feel that's how we can get the best out of the players we have. Obviously I'm just a fan and not LVG, but I'd love to see us try this.
We have posted numerous formations and sides but it will eventually count for feck all when the man in charge has to be nudged in the right direction rather than see sense on his own. The side you have posted is a good side but basing on what we have seen so far I'd exile Rooney on the wing before Herrera, I think Herrera is the guy we would want running our attack and he is good and brave enough to find Wilson with a through ball or two.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Could be in part because we tend to start hoofing it in the latter parts of games. Though I don't think he disappears that much, has less of an influence yes but still plays a part and works hard. Just when the game is a bit crazy he's probably not the best option to use to calm things.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

I'll doubt his sanity if he benches Herrera in the next game.

And he probably will.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
what are you talking about? it's not true. He is working hard through the whole game so there are maybe more fresh players but he is still always available even at the end of games. It's not like Van Persie has stamina for 50minutes maximum per game.. looks like pub player to someone like Herrera.

I think today he was one trying to do something in the end but we were constantly pushing our center backs up front so he was waiting back ofte with Blind covering the space.. He is not hiding at all.. but it is sometimes like that the focus of the game is at one side of the pitch and the ball passes by you... everybody who ever played football on some level knows this..
I wasn't talking about today I was talking about his United career so far. Don't let that get in the way of you being condescending for no apparent reason though.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
We have posted numerous formations and sides but it will eventually count for feck all when the man in charge has to be nudged in the right direction rather than see sense on his own. The side you have posted is a good side but basing on what we have seen so far I'd exile Rooney on the wing before Herrera, I think Herrera is the guy we would want running our attack and he is good and brave enough to find Wilson with a through ball or two.
To be fair, it's not exiling anyone to the wing. That front three would be interchangable and should be fluid. You'd be hoping for Shaw and Valencia/McNair (for some reason not Rafael) to provide the width. There's pace there which is what we're really lacking going forward at the moment. I know it's all just chat here and means nothing, but it's a formation I'd love to see us try.

itso 7

To be fair, it's not exiling anyone to the wing. That front three would be interchangable and should be fluid. You'd be hoping for Shaw and Valencia/McNair (for some reason not Rafael) to provide the width. There's pace there which is what we're really lacking going forward at the moment. I know it's all just chat here and means nothing, but it's a formation I'd love to see us try.
I, too, would like to see us try it but I no longer trust Rooney with creative responsibilities anymore because of his infuriating tendency of playing his favourite out ball to the right, too many hollywood balls and too many loose touches when his game is completely off. I think Herrera is more daring and has got more variation in his play. Maybe I'm being too harsh on Wayne but it's either we play him upfront/wide or not at all. Rooney in front of Di Maria - Herrera - Young could be deadly and with Carrick and Blind pulling the strings we could be formidable.

Status
Not open for further replies.