6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

m1y2

second best player on the pitch today.. hope that substitution was precautionary with the card and stamp.. He brilliantly reads the game further up the pitch it's not the first time his pressing high up the pitch won us a great opportunity to score. Fantastic all round player, well taken assist at the first goal, we need this through balls more..

Castia

I love this guy! easily becoming one of my favourite players he's brilliant.

Acole9

Outstanding
Lucky not to have his leg broken by that over zealous, primadonna, Stevie me.

togg

I hope we keep him. I think he's going to turn into one hell of a player for us. He's bedding in well now, getting used to the premier league and no doubt bulking up slightly. Very skillful, albeit still a talent developing.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Was brilliant. Should never have been booked either. It was just to appease the crowd somewhat.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Immense today, who'd have thought that after so many of CM problems we'd solve it by playing 5 CDM/CM/CAMs in Herrera, Blind, Carrick, Fellaini, Mata at the same time :lol:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
For me he's the catalyst in making this formation/style of play work for us right now. He puts so much effort in tracking down players and intelligently positions himself to cut off passing avenues, he forces opposition players to play quickly and that's key in turning possession over quickly, add that to his creativity and eye for goal and we have a complete midfielder on our hands.

On current form is there a better midfielder in the prem right now?

Ekeke

Again did the most defensive work. 7 tackles and 3 interceptions, 60 passes, 2 key passes at 86%. Impressive stuff, a perfect performance

coolredwine

lameredboots
Still don't understand why he was dropped. He wasn't playing at this level, but not bad enough to not play at all.

Same with Mata. That random absence after a good run of form was truly baffling.

Glad to see some of the big names benched to get the in-form enthusiastic guys in.
He was playing at this level. Scored a couple in those few matches as well. I am just assuming that he was dropped after that Leicester match cause LvG didn't trust the defense and wanted to shore it up.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was once again immense. Just took the game to them, he once again set the tone. Best player behind Mata for me, though their understanding is wonderful.

Walters_19_MuFc

Give him a bit of stick a few weeks ago for playing too safe, which I felt was down to Van Gaal's tactics, but since we've gone to a 433/4141 and Mata's been put into the team, he's been super. He's everywhere and has all the attributes to be that number eight Van Gaal's looking for. Greta performance.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Classic Herrera. Aura of positive energy in his performances. Tries to keep team in one shape.

Made Stevie Me raging quite quickly. Some kind of a new record.

Oddboy

Because of his slight frame his defensive work was seriously underrated. Pleased that he's getting plaudits now. On his tackle, why was Gerrard so angry to stamp on him? Looked potentially dangerous going in but then pulled out and didn't even make contact with him. I only saw it in slow-mo after the event, did it look worse in real time? Or did Slippy overreact?

izec

His yellow card was a joke
Because of his slight frame his defensive work was seriously underrated. Pleased that he's getting plaudits now. On his tackle, why was Gerrard so angry to stamp on him? Looked potentially dangerous going in but then pulled out and didn't even make contact with him. I only saw it in slow-mo after the event, did it look worse in real time? Or did Slippy overreact?
He overreacted. The tackle Gerrard made on Mata a few seconds ago was worse. Like you said, he didnt touch him and it wasnt really malicious.

Oddboy

His yellow card was a joke

He overreacted. The tackle Gerrard made on Mata a few seconds ago was worse. Like you said, he didnt touch him and it wasnt really malicious.
Having watched it a few more times, I honestly have no idea what the feck Herrera even got a yellow for, he was no where near him really. The right leg comes out to block the pass and his left is trailing behind him. I think he's literally given it to appease the crowd.

SirAF

Ageist
The lad is a star :drool: So happy for him that he's back in the team and performing well (The very same could be said about Mata too)!

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I think he has the potential to be the best midfielder in the premiership. Technically I see no weaknesses with him but he just needs to keep growing in authority and confidence.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It isn't even an attempted tackle, he went to block the ball. Nothing dangerous in it at all. Gerrard can't even claim he retaliated in anger.
Glad the referee and the linesman had the bollocks to do the right thing with SG. Shouldn't have booked Herrera though.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It isn't even an attempted tackle, he went to block the ball. Nothing dangerous in it at all. Gerrard can't even claim he retaliated in anger.
Glad the referee and the linesman had the bollocks to do the right thing with SG. Shouldn't have booked Herrera though.
Notice in the apology that Gerrard mentions Anders studs. Even the apology is trying to put some of the blame on Ander.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Such a classy footballer. I personally don't see how you can leave him out. His intelligence on the ball, his touch and quality on the ball is so blatantly obvious. He and mata look made to play with each other.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Again did the most defensive work. 7 tackles and 3 interceptions, 60 passes, 2 key passes at 86%. Impressive stuff, a perfect performance
In addition to his good work defensively, I reckon he's our best "number 10" without being a number 10, as odd as that sounds, in that I think he links up play better than anyone else from central positions. He's better at it than rooney and possibly even Mata, who is looking more impressive cutting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.