6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warriner

Quickly becoming one of my favourite players. Has it all. He has ability and he adds a great work rate to that. Never stops, always covering, always running, he is quite relentless. And how refreshing to have a CM who can pick a pass and actually score a goal my god.

Nanotron

At Bilbao he could be described as a big game player. I watched him a lot last season and his best games were Madrid and Barcelona away. That sort of intensity really brought out the best in him and he's one who wants to stand up and be counted, not shy away and avoid responsibility. I love him.
I like the sound of that.

izec

Has someone seen what happened? Is it just me or did the ref catch him unintentionally with the elbow/arm?

Skywarden

His movement is just a joy to watch. He gives the team good options going forward, often times finding himself close to the six-yard box. It's not flashy by any means but it's very effective.

Look at sequence where he won the ball resulting in RVP's goal - he pushed forward and put the WH player under pressure as fast as he could. None of our midfielders the past (eight?) years would, or could, have done that. They would have fallen back and relied on the fullback to get the ball back. I agree it's a bit risky but when you are that confident in yourself then damn it, go for it!

Love it.

LR7

His performances are tireless. He's constantly on the move. As soon as he releases the ball you can see he's already thinking of where he needs to be to receive the ball back / provide a passing option. Sounds basic but it's f*cking fantastic when you've been watching a static midfield for years. He's a real team player as well. In a age where everyone seems to want to be a number ten with little to no defensive responsibility, Ander wants to get stuck in and get his shorts dirty. He's a gem, and I genuinely think Spain will be better off with him in their midfield as well next to Busquets.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
His performances are tireless. He's constantly on the move. As soon as he releases the ball you can see he's already thinking of where he needs to be to receive the ball back / provide a passing option. Sounds basic but it's f*cking fantastic when you've been watching a static midfield for years. He's a real team player as well. In a age where everyone seems to want to be a number ten with little to no defensive responsibility, Ander wants to get stuck in and get his shorts dirty. He's a gem, and I genuinely think Spain will be better off with him in their midfield as well next to Busquets.
I was reading the report in the Sunday Mirror and Simon Mullock gave him a 6 rating. Some got lower than that. How could he give him 6, that's bang average, he was everywhere, the heartbeat of the team. The ratings were though the first half of the game never happened. They so wanted to put the boot into Rooney, LvG and United it completely clouded their judgement.

LR7

I was reading the report in the Sunday Mirror and Simon Mullock gave him a 6 rating. Some got lower than that. How could he give him 6, that's bang average, he was everywhere, the heartbeat of the team. The ratings were though the first half of the game never happened. They so wanted to put the boot into Rooney, LvG and United it completely clouded their judgement.
Best player on the pitch after Rafa.

RORY65

Herrera's terrific, he's a very tidy player and I love how tenacious and dynamic he is. He seems like the type who could become a real leader as well, something this side is currently really lacking. I wouldn't take any note of the ratings, journalists have admitted that they're just a last minute thought and the numbers are just plucked out of their arses.

SATA

What exactly happened to him? There was a break in play and suddenly shots of him holding his back and walking off gingerly to be sub

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The co-commentator on the NBC stream I had (before it disconnected in the 2nd half and I had to go to a foreign one) was very complimentary of Herrera. And Rafael too. I find the latter more surprising actually, as Rafael always seems to be unfairly criticised. Plenty still seem to think he can't defend.

Still, reading a few reports and mixed forums this morning, and plenty reckon Herrera is a dud. I don't really know what they're expecting of a box to box midfielder. I also don't know how people aren't noticing how awful we look when he doesn't play.

Shark

@NotShark
I reckon that he'll be fine for the next game. The injury looked like more than a twinge than anything else. He wasn't in any kind of serious pain.

marlowe78

I reckon that he'll be fine for the next game. The injury looked like more than a twinge than anything else. He wasn't in any kind of serious pain.
Might also have been buying time for us. Me being hopeful, mind.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Very reliant on this guy to remain fit and in good form for the season (and Blind for that matter). I thought he was the second best player on the pitch yesterday after Rafael.

LR7

The co-commentator on the NBC stream I had (before it disconnected in the 2nd half and I had to go to a foreign one) was very complimentary of Herrera. And Rafael too. I find the latter more surprising actually, as Rafael always seems to be unfairly criticised. Plenty still seem to think he can't defend.

Still, reading a few reports and mixed forums this morning, and plenty reckon Herrera is a dud. I don't really know what they're expecting of a box to box midfielder. I also don't know how people aren't noticing how awful we look when he doesn't play.
Lots of those opinions seem to be based on the stupid logic of "well he can't be any good since he isn't playing for Spain"
Early shout for our player of the season.
Player's player maybe. I love players like Ander and Rafa but I reckon one of our attackers will get the fans vote this season.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
Very reliant on this guy to remain fit and in good form for the season (and Blind for that matter). I thought he was the second best player on the pitch yesterday after Rafael.
Once Carrick, Fellaini come back we'll have few more options to rotate. A second choice midfield trio of Fellaini-Fletcher-Carrick is not too bad.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Once Carrick, Fellaini come back we'll have few more options to rotate. A second choice midfield trio of Fellaini-Fletcher-Carrick is not too bad.
It's terrible :lol:

Di Maria - Blind - Herrera = Pace, mobility, penetration, energy, technical and creative. Plenty of goals and assists.

Fellaini - Fletcher - Carrick = Sluggish, no penetration, only Carrick has any technical skill or passing range and very little creativity. Few goals or assists.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
It's terrible :lol:

Di Maria - Blind - Herrera = Pace, mobility, penetration, energy, technical and creative. Plenty of goals and assists.

Fellaini - Fletcher - Carrick = Sluggish, no penetration, only Carrick has any technical skill or passing range and very little creativity. Few goals or assists.
We'll hardly play the second set together!

A combination of our tow new midfielders and one old one is miles better than our midfield from last year(and the year before).

DomesticTadpole

Getting worried now that we haven't heard anything :nervous:
It might be Monday before it is scanned. Ander won't say anything else in case he gives us false hope. I have had back pains, that next day have disappeared, but at the time I could hardly walk.

Sam

It might be Monday before it is scanned. Ander won't say anything else in case he gives us false hope. I have had back pains, that next day have disappeared, but at the time I could hardly walk.
Back injuries can be a complete nightmare. I didn't play football for about 2 years in my teens because of back problems.

Really hoping there's nothing in this.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I shudder to think of him being out; he's become quite integral to the way we are playing (or, at times, trying to play). Fletch can do some of the dirty work he does, but everything going forward would be going down the left in Di Maria which would be much easier to defend against.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He's just brilliant. The way he plays the ball into space, is capable of the surprising pass and plays at such a quick pace is brilliant to see. Compare that to Rooney who needs to have 3-4 touches every time and sometimes slows us down

DomesticTadpole

I wasn't sure if it was the Valencia tackle that did it. Watched the game again and Ander is running after the tackle, but you can see him holding the bottom of his back now and again. When the tackle came in he twisted when he went down.

Still none the wiser if he got another kick after that. Saw him go down again. He might have just wrenched his back. Which is bloody painful. I hope it isn't something longterm. At least we have the facilities to treat it properly. I hope we have.

Last edited:

Walters_19_MuFc

He's everything we've been missing of late, and although he might not get all the plaudits, he's so important to how Van Gaal wants to play.

ThanksBoss26

I didn't notice any restrictions in his movement during the game, so I'm hoping he just got a knock or knee in the back when he was brought down just before he went off, and it's something that is sore for a day or two and then fine after that.

I can only echo what everyone else has said about him, cracking little player. Makes a massive difference to us already.

surf

Was watching Cleverley for Villa today. He is the same age as Herrera, to within 2 days. There is no comparison really. Herrera does so much more during a game.

DomesticTadpole

Was watching Cleverley for Villa today. He is the same age as Herrera, to within 2 days. There is no comparison really. Herrera does so much more during a game.
I didn't realise they were that close in age. Tom really hasn't made any progress when you compare the two.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I wasn't sure if it was the Valencia tackle that did it. Watched the game again and Ander is running after the tackle, but you can see him holding the bottom of his back now and again. When the tackle came in he twisted when he went down.

Still none the wiser if he got another kick after that. Saw him go down again. He might have just wrenched his back. Which is bloody painful. I hope it isn't something longterm. At least we have the facilities to treat it properly. I hope we have.
This post just starts a bit pessimistic and then ends leaving me sad. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.