Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I'm a big fan of him and actually he might be a candidate for captain in the future. Early days but not many other options I guess.

itso 7

If he is injured and out for next week I hope LVG stays true to form and throws in Pearson......who am I kidding ? Fletcher it will be and I don't hold much hope for a Fletcher- Blind midfield combo, Everton will press them mercilessly and we will be overrun as a result. We should maybe play one less forward for this.

Sam

He's an absolute monster. Absolutly love the little fella.

izec

our most consistent and best player over the season so far including pre season. Never had a really bad game in a United shirt thus far, actually most of his performances were excellent. Hope he keeps it up and isnt injured for the next game.

Bwuk

For me our best signing we made this summer. Di Maria has a higher top level, but Herrera is just so consistent and keeps everything moving and works hard. Great player.

LR7

Already become a vital cog in our team. I followed him religiously, watching pretty much all of his games for Athletic Club last season and he's adapted really well here. Maybe better than I imagined. Hope his back injury is nothing serious.

If he is injured and out for next week I hope LVG stays true to form and throws in Pearson......who am I kidding ? Fletcher it will be and I don't hold much hope for a Fletcher- Blind midfield combo, Everton will press them mercilessly and we will be overrun as a result. We should maybe play one less forward for this.
:drool:

footballgirl07

Is there any stats on how much ground he covered today? Was all over the pitch and his passing really is top notch, especially his quick feet. Great game today!

Blue always red

His short passing is erratic at times, almost as if he's trying too hard to make things happen but he is the first name on the team sheet for me. He's like the 08-11 Fletcher already.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's shown what an absolute beast he is. Its always a struggle for players outside the very top teams in spain to truely shine, understandably so with the quality midfielders barca have had in recently memory. However hes clearly displayed he is good enough to have represented Spain at the WC this year and that he should be recognised as one of the top CMs around right now, £30mil is starting to look a bit of a bargain.

Oo0AahCantona

When he's given the more defensive role in CM, you dont tend to notice him, and thats not a bad thing, he does all the nitty gritty work and progresses the play excellently. given the choice, i would have taken fabregas, but Herrera is going to be a mainstay for us for years.

m1y2

if he is out of evertons game I don't think why we shouldn't give chance to Pereira. He could play deeper and could help Blind to shield the defense not that he could be any defensive capacity but he is a good playmaker so we could keep possession but yeah it will be sad to say that "sadly" it will be Fletcher and we will be outran. But who know maybe Ander recovers quickly:-) Key player no1, with Rafael

Sam

Any news on the injury?

We're absolutely screwed if any of Blind/Herrera/Di Maria get injured, as its back to Fletcher and Anderson.

FromTheBench

Any news on the injury?

We're absolutely screwed if any of Blind/Herrera/Di Maria get injured, as its back to Fletcher and Anderson.
Maybe we can go back to 3-5-2 vs Everton or just play Pereira if he's out ?

Anderson is not even making the bench tbf and Fletcher and Blind might become too safe in this and we lose energy a bit too. Though it might be possible in a 4-3-3 more.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Maybe we can go back to 3-5-2 vs Everton or just play Pereira if he's out ?

Anderson is not even making the bench tbf and Fletcher and Blind might become too safe.
We dont need to switch to 3-5-2. This new formation is working just fine. Mata is going to replace Rooney and either Fletcher or Perreira will replace Herrera if he is injured.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Tackling machine at times. Great hunger to win the ball back. Hopefully is fit for next week.

Dante

Average bang
I thought he was terrific. A midfielder who can pass, tackle and run? I'd forgotten such a thing existed.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

The de Boer's were making these statements in July. Seems the world is just catching up...

Nanotron

Been very impressed so far. Has it all. Ultra consistent. Cant wait to see how he fairs against the big guns. Cant see a weakness in his game.

FromTheBench

We dont need to switch to 3-5-2. This new formation is working just fine. Mata is going to replace Rooney and either Fletcher or Perreira will replace Herrera if he is injured.
Dunno if at home vs Everton qualifies but won't be surprised if we go 3-5-2 in big games this season to play more on the counter like the dutch. (Though first need 3 defenders fit as well in their 3 suited roles.)

Don't think Fletch has the legs for that role which is crucial vs Everton while Pereira is completely untested at this level or in that role in such a game as the Everton midfield will work hard and press a lot.

If Fletcher plays we'll have to go 4-3-3 probably with 2 sitters and front 4 having more freedom.

For the role Herrera is playing actually Valencia might be a serviceable backup too in a Everton sort of game. Plays that sort of role for Ecuador as well and did so last season few times like Sociedad away.

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
Shouldn't be long before he get a Spain call-up.

Hard to understand how he's not been called before now, Spain's strength in depth is just :wenger:

Devil may care

Big compliments from the de Boer's. I am still praying it was just an impact injury and he'll be fine by next Sunday.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
How long is he out for? He's vital to our team already.

Also, the De Boer's actually share a twitter account? How cute.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
:( what? This would be a huge blow.
Remember he got subbed off holding his back? He tweeted hopefully his back is feeling better soon. He'd be a huge miss, second to di maria for our most important outfield players IMO because of the lack of replacements of his quality.

If he is out, it'd likely only be for the Everton game as its the international break so it wouldn't be a disaster, I'm just worried that we'll struggle for results without either Herrera or di maria in the team.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Really, really impressive player. Love the fact that our midfield has finally got a goalscoring threat with him lurking around. Love his work rate and movement. Cracking signing.

NoPace

Fantastic energy and so clever. Sloppy on the ball at times, but that's the sort of thing players tend to improve on as they get older.

Gives us a lot of flexibility, too. He can play as the more attacking of the 2 CM's in a traditional 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1, as the 10 in the diamond (and if we had a decent midfielder to play the RCM role he's been playing, I suspect against a really strong team, he'd be first choice as a 10 for us right now, or in big games if we sign Strootman to play RCM).

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Herrera is unstoppable once he gets going and people that watch the spanish league know this. He runs more than anyone, he chases every ball, he tackles more than anyone and that's his game, stamina and well-rounded ability. He's just everywhere.

LR7

Been very impressed so far. Has it all. Ultra consistent. Cant wait to see how he fairs against the big guns. Cant see a weakness in his game.
At Bilbao he could be described as a big game player. I watched him a lot last season and his best games were Madrid and Barcelona away. That sort of intensity really brought out the best in him and he's one who wants to stand up and be counted, not shy away and avoid responsibility. I love him.

Shouldn't be long before he get a Spain call-up.

Hard to understand how he's not been called before now, Spain's strength in depth is just :wenger:
Their strength in depth is really good but they are also in a period of needing to phase out some of the older players and I think Herrera is ideal to come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.