Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Meh, not playing Herrera isn't what's costing us atm, our midfield is fine.

Name Changed

weso26
In games at home against the likes of Newcastle, we need an attacking midfielder on the pitch who can create or score a goal. Instead we insist on only playing defensive minded midfielders. It's a travesty that Ander Herrara didn't play a second today.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Should have replaced Adnan for me.

Why can't this guy get a game, mind boggling.
He should be playing as an 8 not as a 10. The reason why he can't get a game is simple. We have too many midfielders and I foresaw this when we bought both Schwienstiger and Schnerderlin. Van Gaal prefers solidarity and organization rather than the creativity and unorthodox movement of Herrera.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
He should be playing as an 8 not as a 10. The reason why he can't get a game is simple. We have too many midfielders and I foresaw this when we bought both Schwienstiger and Schnerderlin.
And an overly cautious manager who doesn't like his midfield taking chances.

lilcurt

He should be playing as an 8 not as a 10. The reason why he can't get a game is simple. We have too many midfielders and I foresaw this when we bought both Schwienstiger and Schnerderlin.
I would argue he would have had a better impact on the game had he came on instead of Carrick or Chica in whichever position.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
And an overly cautious manager who doesn't like his midfield taking chances.
Yea, I just added that as I forgot to further elaborate.

I would argue he would have had a better impact on the game had he came on instead of Carrick or Chica in whichever position.
I agree, he would have been a better sub to bring on than Carrick.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The play him instead of Rooney, he couldn't be any worse.
Aye, that's the real problem atm.

People want Herrera to play so whenever we have a bad result they'll say we'd have done much better if we had played Herrera. In reality the likes of Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin and Carrick are doing well in midfield, it's our lack of finishing power that's killing us.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Carrick did well when he came on but baffling as to why Herrera sat on the bench for the duration of the 90

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He should be playing as an 8 not as a 10. The reason why he can't get a game is simple. We have too many midfielders and I foresaw this when we bought both Schwienstiger and Schnerderlin. Van Gaal prefers solidarity and organization rather than the creativity and unorthodox movement of Herrera.
Pretty much, though tbf Carrick won't be here much longer and Schweinsteiger is hardly Mr. Durable either, so it makes sense to have that extra depth I guess. Sucks for Herrera though.

Bwuk

I'd give him a chance on the right, and bring Mata in as a #10.

Rooney needs dropped pronto.

Mali_Zeus

He shouldn't be a DM surely. He can either play with Carrick or Schweini but as Morgan is important for us he can play with Morgan a bit behind and as a nr. 8. Or instead of Adnan in nr. 10 which he played in first 2 league games when he was subbed on.
Although Carrick had a good game Herrera should have come in instead of Schweini.

XdanielredX

Think he can bring so much more to the game if he's played in a central midfield role alongside Carrick or Schneiderlin etc as he can get on the ball deeper and play those passes or arrive late in the box etc, could be another Scholes type player if given the chance.

Coxy

have no idea why you lot aren't playing him - he should be starting alongside Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
have no idea why you lot aren't playing him - he should be starting alongside Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin
Sounds too simplistic - it must be a ruse!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Question: could Herrera perform the right wing play make role better than Mata?
No, Mata has been doing it really well these first 4 games despite what people think. I love herrera, but he should only be competing in the midfield 2 or the #10 role... Or just switch back to a midfield 3 and play him there.

bleedred

Carrick/ Schneiderlin
Herrera Bastian/Fellaini
Mata Depay
Rooney

This is the same way we played towards the end of last season when we played the best. But LVG goes and fecks it up again, instead of sticking to something which works.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
No, Mata has been doing it really well these first 4 games despite what people think. I love herrera, but he should only be competing in the midfield 2 or the #10 role... Or just switch back to a midfield 3 and play him there.
I love Mata there. I still feel though that Herrera would offer us extra pace there, is more creative than Mata, would be on his natural crossing side, would enable us to employ Mata as a second striker, in his favoured number ten role and would enable us exploit the superb understanding he and Herrera possess. Not to mention Herrera's eye for goal.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hope he plays on wednesday tbh

Smores

Hope he plays on wednesday tbh
Doubt he will, it'll be a very safe cautious match.

I can accept LvG not starting him and going for the more solid base who just recycle the ball but if we're chasing a goal he should be the first one on.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
He fell out of favour because of the tip of the diamond that LVG favours tactically being shifted forward from the tip being behind two AMS like it was at the back end of last season. Firstly, to better protect the defence and secondly, to better control the midfield. LVG also prefers a second striker to operate in that role when the tip is ahead of two controllers (Hence trying Memphis there and now Januzaj in the role). Thus, since he views Herrera as a controling midfielder rather than a second striker, Herrara is now competing with Schweinstieger, Carrick and Schneiderlin for the two deeper controlling roles behind the tip and its hurt his chances of starting thus far. That is why I think he should aim for Mata's current role as his easiest route into the team currently. Especially if Mata can prove he is the man for that 2nd striker/10 role LVG envisages for the tip of the diamond instead of Januzaj or Memphis.

Last edited:

Sam

Try telling that to our manager.

Everyone can see it, except him. Surprise, surprise.

Oneunited26

and they say VG was the reason for why Barcelona started their dynasty, yet he does not like creativity from the centre. Doubt Xavi and iniesta is his cup of tea

Bwuk

I'd like to see Herrera given a run of games out on the right, with Mata brought in as the #10.

Brugge 0:4 Man Utd

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Hasn't had a great half. Lacking match rhythm quite clearly. Have to say that Januzaj hasn't seemed to helped him out with an option much to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.