Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
I'm not sure. Our current style doesn't suit him, but I'm not sure it particularly suits anyone because of how dire it is. I don't think he's consistent enough in his passing/ball retention though to play a tiki-taka sort of style.

Since he's a hard worker and can be seen as a fairly attack-minded midfielder, he'd probably suit a more attacking, open, counter-attack style of play.
Spot on. A Dortmund type team (at a lower level) is perfect for him.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I'm not sure. Our current style doesn't suit him, but I'm not sure it particularly suits anyone because of how dire it is. I don't think he's consistent enough in his passing/ball retention though to play a tiki-taka sort of style.

Since he's a hard worker and can be seen as a fairly attack-minded midfielder, he'd probably suit a more attacking, open, counter-attack style of play.
Exactly our style is wrong for all our players. The way we played against Arsenal is more us, lots of energy. Funny he had the kids in that. Instead of some players who are two stone overweight or have the pace of a tortoise with one leg.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As much as he hasn't been a rip roaring success there are a lot of players needed moved on or replaced before we get to him. The least of our worries imo.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
As much as he hasn't been a rip roaring success there are a lot of players needed moved on or replaced before we get to him. The least of our worries imo.
Agreed. I don't think he's going to be someone we necessarily build our midfield around, but he's a decent player who's had some alright spells for us. Someone I'd definitely keep, along with the likes of Depay, Schneiderlin and Mata, all of whom (like Herrera) have often disappointed, but are either good enough to offer us something, or hopefully will at some stage.

DomesticTadpole

Jones, Carrick, BFS, Young, Fellaini, even Mata should be gone before him. He offers something. They are either injured, too old, scared shitless when the chips are down or useless.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
If that chinless bellwhiff drives out players like Ander, I hope a pitch invasion launches towards the dugout, carries him out of Old Trafford and throws him in the canal.

DomesticTadpole

There were good signs there last season and instead of building on that and getting players we actually needed, Morgan we needed, BFS we didn't. He tore everything to bits. We have been left short up front, but like last season where he was trying to fit every striker into the team, he has meddled with the midfield. When we find a combination that was starting to build up some momentum, he changes it and we are back to the bad old ways. You don't change what is working well.

Lawman

Jones, Carrick, BFS, Young, Fellaini, even Mata should be gone before him. He offers something. They are either injured, too old, scared shitless when the chips are down or useless.
I would personally keep these guys and add 3 new front men (7 Moura, 9 Lukaku & 11 Mane) this adds serious pace to the side and the capability of guys taking on players on a 1 v1 and then a centre half with experience (Hummels) and an attacking right back (Coleman). Try and sell Rooney, Adnan and Fellaini and try keep everyone else as we are way short in numbers of senior players imo. If money outrageous for Lukaku get Zlatan for a season or two. Our midfield can survive without an addition I'd be happy enough with Herrera and Morgan and a back up of Bastian, Carrick, Lingard, Pereira and Blind, unless there is an better player available than Herrera or Morgan.

DomesticTadpole

I would personally keep these guys and add 3 new front men (7 Moura, 9 Lukaku & 11 Mane) this adds serious pace to the side and the capability of guys taking on players on a 1 v1 and then a centre half with experience (Hummels) and an attacking right back (Coleman). Try and sell Rooney, Adnan and Fellaini and try keep everyone else as we are way short in numbers of senior players imo. If money outrageous for Lukaku get Zlatan for a season or two. Our midfield can survive without an addition I'd be happy enough with Herrera and Morgan and a back up of Bastian, Carrick, Lingard, Pereira and Blind, unless there is an better player available than Herrera or Morgan.
Some of the names being thrown about. We have been brainwashed with the biggest club in the world rhetoric from Ed. If we finish any lower than we are now we will be lucky to get any big name players. We will likely get other teams cast offs, so they can make space for the really big signings. That is the problem we have, we could get even more average while other teams improve.

Lawman

Some of the names being thrown about. We have been brainwashed with the biggest club in the world rhetoric from Ed. If we finish any lower than we are now we will be lucky to get any big name players. We will likely get other teams cast offs, so they can make space for the really big signings. That is the problem we have, we could get even more average while other teams improve.
To be fair apart from maybe Moura (if PSG still want him) I think these guys are all attainable and none really in the big name mould. With Zlatan he is mid 30s and there is every chance he could be clubless!

DomesticTadpole

To be fair apart from maybe Moura (if PSG still want him) I think these guys are all attainable and none really in the big name mould. With Zlatan he is mid 30s and there is every chance he could be clubless!
I didn't mean your suggestions, I meant more the Gundogan class. Everton might have money coming in. Ones wanting us to clear them out, they might sell one player, not all their class players.

Lawman

I didn't mean your suggestions, I meant more the Gundogan class. Everton might have money coming in. Ones wanting us to clear them out, they might sell one player, not all their class players.
Yep the more I think of it I think we will struggle to buy in EPL as clubs will be cash rich so my suggestions may be a year to late. The league will get filled up with quite a few more foreigners next year then. I wonder how many will be top class or second rate and over hyped and over priced as usually Spain Portugal and Italian clubs cream the English clubs in transfers. But given the wages on offer most players will see the EPL as the land of milk and honey.

DomesticTadpole

Yep the more I think of it I think we will struggle to buy in EPL as clubs will be cash rich so my suggestions may be a year to late. The league will get filled up with quite a few more foreigners next year then. I wonder how many will be top class or second rate and over hyped and over priced as usually Spain Portugal and Italian clubs cream the English clubs in transfers. But given the wages on offer most players will see the EPL as the land of milk and honey.
That's the worry, also us signing loads of CB whose name end in ic, hoping we have found the new Vidic.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He'd do well for Atletico but better for Juventus since they allow their central midfielders to bomb on a bit more.

DWelbz19

I honestly couldn't care if he fecked off. No doubt to rule the world leading Barcelona's midfield.
Maybe he can piggy-back our Dutch uber-composed CB who wins his headers there too on his way.

blitz133w

He was excellent tonight. He shows passion in his game which everyone wants to see. Yeah sometimes he tries stuff which loses possession but in this horrid boring zombie playing team but it's definitely needed. His cross was a peach. So difficult to execute in that situation and he did it perfectly. Lost count of how many times he won the ball back for us as well

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Played very well today.

Has a hell of a lot of shots blocked though. Not just this game but in general.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He was okay. Very active, but for most of the game lacked any form of end product. Very good cross though for the goal.

acnumber9

He was excellent tonight. He shows passion in his game which everyone wants to see. Yeah sometimes he tries stuff which loses possession but in this horrid boring zombie playing team but it's definitely needed. His cross was a peach. So difficult to execute in that situation and he did it perfectly. Lost count of how many times he won the ball back for us as well
He was nowhere near excellent. Great ball for the goal but that aside he was pretty poor.

izec

Needs to stop giving the ball away by panicking and booting it uselessly away. That sucks, control it and play a pass.

Cheekiey

Herrera has looked best as a 10 this season, played as a 10 when we thumped Everton and played his best performance for while today as a 10.

Witchking

Needs to stop giving the ball away by panicking and booting it uselessly away. That sucks, control it and play a pass.
He needs to have team mates he can trust. How can you not be panicky when your partners are Fellaini and Carrick?

Witchking

Herrera has looked best as a 10 this season, played as a 10 when we thumped Everton and played his best performance for while today as a 10.
Rest assured that when Rooney comes back, Herrera will be benched because the captain shall always play.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Played very well today.

Has a hell of a lot of shots blocked though. Not just this game but in general.
Yeah, he probably needs to look into it.

I thought he was good today. Boots balls out of for clearances in a panicky fashion a tad bit too often though. But I honestly would take that over him lamely giving the ball away in dangerous positions like Carrick did against Liverpool. He provides a bit of energy and hurriedness to the team though so I'd guess his mentality would always lead him to taking that choice of clearing the ball when he finds himself being in an uncomfortable position.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Runs around a lot but nothing else to his game, can't believe we paid 28m for this.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I don't think he played that well as a 10 today. We changed our shape a bit at the sub and Schweinsteiger had more freedom than Herrera after it. That is when Herrera's best football was played. Before that he was simply chasing the centre backs around hopelessly. He's much better when he can join an attack from deep.

Thought he played well today. Great assist, and the cross that Martial headed into the back of Rashford deserved more as well. Better than he has been recently but still a shadow of the player he was last March when high on belief. Hopefully he won't get dropped and will be able to get some momentum going.

criticalanalysis

^I think he had a very good game. No end product is a fair criticism but that's a reflection on the whole team.

Why was he good? Look at the amount of times he turned nothing balls/moments into progressive phases. The panicking thing/booting was because he was simply knackered (the same goes for Blind) because he was trying to make things happen. He was playing next to Fellani and Carrick, who was never near his vicinity most of the times; as such he was sprinting up and down the pitch, into tackles, making space for passes. Those who say he lacks end product do you expect him to drop a shoulder and dribble past several players then lay off a pass/assist? Or to expect him to play through balls? Or link up with Martial/Rashford better?

Yes you could and maybe you should expect that but how is he going to do that when we don't play through the midfield and he doesn't get the ball from Fellani and Carrick unless he physically stands next to them. Fellani was doing his effective but not really effective thing of running all over the pitch and I'm pretty sure Carrick's touch map would be closer to Blind than anywhere near the centre of the pitch.

He could very well have stuck to an advanced midfield position/no.10 but I'd guarantee you he would have been involved much less in the game. As a result, you would then see Fellani and Carrick trying to control the midfield on their own and then we probably would have conceded more possession and had nowhere near the same amount of fight and ball movement that Herrera would have brought with his 'running'. It's not running without end product, he's putting himself into difficult situations because he's giving the team an option.

It's ridiculous people don't understand this.

Devil may care

He plays with a passion missing from a lot of our players but I thought he was sloppy and a bit of a headless chicken in the first half, the #10 isn't where's best, once he moved a little deeper and wider when Schweini came on we saw some quality from him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he was one of our best players today. We need to get that Schneiderlin-schweinsteiger-herrera trio back starting games IMO, but his form has definitely improved in recent weeks. Thought he was unlucky with the amount of blocks they had on his shots.

Also is a lot better as part of a 4-3-3 and not a pure 10. Him and Schweinsteiger as slightly more advanced like the second half, with someone dictating behind them is a good trio.

m1y2

considering the circumstances (having Carrick and Fellaini as partners) he did quite well particularly in the second half, was meh in the first one.. anyways I wouldn't judge him under Vangle, he's clearly holding him back

Status
Not open for further replies.