6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

keener

I think Herrera is the heart of our team. He is a smart player with good touch and a huge engine to work for 90 minutes. I agree with an earlier post that he deserves tons of credit as he's fallen out of favor a few times over the last few years and always fights hard to earn his spot back in the XI and usually wins player of the month a few times per year once he gets a good spell of games.

I think he has been our best, most dependable player over the last 2 years with the exception of De Gea.

I'd support him as captain and him being the first name written each week on the lineup card. He's a better captain than Young, Valencia...

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Maybe we don’t but it doesn’t make him the long term answer. He’s in his 30th year and you wonder at what point those 6’s and 7’s out of 10 will become 7’s and 8’s.
You don't need superstar at every position. A 7 rated midfielder is pretty good as support to Pogba. Mou pretty much tried to make him a DM and never utilized his passing properly. He's exactly what we need .

fallengt

He's a strange case. Consistently good under LvG and Mourinho in their early seasons but they never trusted him enough and bought replacements(BS, Schneiderlin, Matic, Fred) who turned out to be worse. Now he's back to be 1st teamer again.
Herrera's proven time to time that he's a reliable option for our squad but constantly misused by previous managers.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

meamth

His contract is set to expire according to Sky.

What is going on? Will he sign a new one?

Ekeke

His contract is set to expire according to Sky.

What is going on? Will he sign a new one?
Early in the season he said he wants to earn a new contract with his performances. So we should be hearing about a new one for him soon

I dont think theres any reason to be worried. Compare it to Fellaini a while ago when he was looking at every alternative to staying and trying to big league the club for a better deal. Theres no sign of Ander wanting to do anything but work hard on the pitch and get that new contract

meamth

Early in the season he said he wants to earn a new contract with his performances. So we should be hearing about a new one for him soon

I dont think theres any reason to be worried. Compare it to Fellaini a while ago when he was looking at every alternative to staying and trying to big league the club for a better deal. Theres no sign of Ander wanting to do anything but work hard on the pitch and get that new contract
Does Ole has any power for player's contract extension? What do you think?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think Anders got good ability but I don't think we've used him well. He become too much about industry/tackles. He can play and with players moving etc, hopefully he'll improve even more

Ekeke

I think Anders got good ability but I don't think we've used him well. He become too much about industry/tackles. He can play and with players moving etc, hopefully he'll improve even more
He's always wanted to put some tackles in, even at Bilbao, although he got booked a lot so I remember suggesting at the time it would be risky using him CM instead of the AM position he was playing there.

But at least since we signed Pogba, the only role that was going to be up for grabs for him was not as a mainly attacking player but by being a team player and taking care of the areas we lacked. Pogba can lack in work ethic and defensive responsibility - Ander does the shift of 2 players and is our best at reading danger going back towards his own goal. On the ball he's played within himself a bit sticking to high percentage passes with only the occasional quality throughball like hes capable of.

I think this is down to the LVG mentality where all our players just wanted to pass the ball sideways and keep it. That goes for Ander, Smalling, even Mata who was deployed as a CM and as soon as he was moved there he was no longer a very creative player and was just passing sideways to keep the ball. He's never gone back to being as creative after.

meamth

There are plenty who think he is average or slightly above it. Just reread a few pages back and you will always find some clueless posts
Yeah, I think I know a full on drive player when playing for United.

He might not be world class, but he gave everything he has every single game. Proper United player.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's our Park in midfield. A skillful industrious player who still contribute a lot to the play. He takes responsibility, but still a great foil to the main players.

jeff_goldblum

He's our Park in midfield. A skillful industrious player who still contribute a lot to the play. He takes responsibility, but still a great foil to the main players.
He reminds me a lot of Nicky Butt in that sense. Not the flashiest or most productive but utterly dependable and a real United player.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Contrary to what people think about us wasting him I think he found what hes really good at - being box to box and contributing all over the pitch.

Personally dont think hes good enough to be a primary attacking midfielder for any of the top teams. His box to box presence is great though

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I think people underrate his value in this team. He can be average at times, and even I as his fan was very disappointed with him last rseason, but whenever we played well as a team and reached good form, he was part of the team and he was in excellent form during that period. Did we have good period in last 2 or 3 years without him on the pitch?

ErranMorad

He is the most under used & under appreciated players of our squad. A lot of our good spells under the last two managers have come with Herrera in the team playing well. However, for some reason soon after they have dropped him or tried to upgrade him and failed. Really weird.

yfoFC

Boy can cross. But we already knew that. The 3 man midfield where Pogba goes left and Herrera right really does get the best out of everyone whilst outnumbering the defence. We saw similar in the 2nd half of LVGs first season, except it was Fellaini instead of Pogba attacking wide left, but it was difficult to deal with.

Hopefully we stick with It. Everytime it worked under LvG and then Mourinho, they would undo it, drop our best presser of the ball, go back to a 2 man midfield and then be bemused why we were overrun.
:lol:

Red Stone

Tireless runner, and an incredibly smart runner as well. He's been given a role by Solskjær that means we're practically playing with 12 men. Incredibly important to have a player like him if we want to dominate the midfield. Only Lindelöf was better than him tonight.

I have a feeling he will be even more important when we play the top teams. Has the ability to be like Park for us in those games, who always make a difference there.

kundalini

Worked really hard in the first half, winning back possession. Didn't notice him in the 2nd half.

Trizy

My MOTM tonight. Was excellent for 80 minutes or so but faded a bit.

El Zoido

He must be a nightmare to play against. Doesn’t give then opposition a second in midfield before he’s on them.

arnie_ni

Worked really hard in the first half, winning back possession. Didn't notice him in the 2nd half.
If you don't notice him it means were dominating the game. Most of his moments are winning the ball back and starting an attack. He allows pogba a licence to go forward

Wayne's World

Suffocated under Mourinho, wasn't his biggest fan but he's improving all the time and since we have changed our system and tactics to pressing fast and higher up the pitch he's benefiting from it

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Gave him motm. Terrific again. Its incredible how he's been underused here. Was key to our good run of form in LvG's first season, but he couldnt wait to bench him. Player of the season for Mourinho, instantly replaced. Hes the player that balances us and does so much dirty work for the team and just needs to stay in.

Ban

He's everywhere. I swear it seemed like every team their player had the ball number 21 was close by.

Devil may care

My MOTM tonight, thought he was the one that got hold of the midfield, he's making up for Matic's lack of legs and covering Tony at RB as well, tremendous performance.

Tiber

Probably my favourite United player. Delighted that he is getting a good run in the team.

Absurdly underutilised player throughout his time at the club

Canagel

He was really good. Especially first half. Even more impressive when you consider who was playing on the right wing

Status
Not open for further replies.