Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd 3:1 Huddersfield

Silas

Why did he randomly stop tracking for their goal? He did the same thing against City for D. Silva's goal and it ended in the same way.

JeffBoomTetris

Nice performance today. The midfield for the remainder of the season should be Herrera-Matic-Pogba.

Him, Mata & Rashford played some sick football in the buildup to Pogba's first

Paul778

Yes. It's painful since he plays his heart out for united. He's a little terrier in the middle.

However, for some reason he seems to be somewhat half hearted on set pieces.

That said, he's not the only one of our midfielders that you can throw that accusation at. Let's hope when the matches spread out a little more, Micky and his shorts on the training ground will allow us to sort out these basics.

TBH I just think the defensive training has been so lax under Jose that it's trying to rewire the team in this regard. It was quick enough to sort out our pressing and our run-rate.

Foxbatt

He was responsible for the goal and also the chance DeGea saved.

TypeR

Why did he randomly stop tracking for their goal? He did the same thing against City for D. Silva's goal and it ended in the same way.
This. Baffling, especially when he kept play ticking so well in the lead up to that. Much better than Fred.

Devil may care

Jesus, fighting over Lindelof vs Herrera on another set piece failure, overall it's clear we need a lot of work doing as a unit when it comes to defending them. At any rate I think he's proving again what an important cog in a balanced midfield he is, hopefully he signs a new deal soon.

izec

Our set piece defending on the whole isnt good enough. Our players like to ball watch too much

Fracture90

Hope we can extend / re-sign his contract, he's very valuable player for this new system of ours. Should be a de facto starter alongside Pogba and Matić for the time being.

Tiber

Our set piece defending on the whole isnt good enough. Our players like to ball watch too much
So weird that the Toxic One couldnt at the very least get the team well drilled at set pieces.

All the things his team's used to be good at just sucked this year. And this one can't be blamed on Woodward.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Great initiative to create the attack and he also got the assist for the Pogba goal. I remember him, Mata and Valencia did exactly that type of play couple of times under Van Gaal. He is really good at creating attacks with that type of movement.

criticalanalysis

Did well when he came on and as always clutch in those moments when he provided the assist for Pogba.

However, heading and high balls has ALWAYS been a negative for him (and Mata). I would put it down as simply being scared of the ball/being clattered. He always lets it drop or (unsuccessfully) shields his position than jump.

Revaulx

Jesus, fighting over Lindelof vs Herrera on another set piece failure, overall it's clear we need a lot of work doing as a unit when it comes to defending them. At any rate I think he's proving again what an important cog in a balanced midfield he is, hopefully he signs a new deal soon.
This and this.

It's ridiculous to keep calling out individuals when it's obvious that our defensive game has had as little coaching as our attacking. Our corner-taking has already improved; the defensive stuff should follow. If it doesn't, then the moaning can start.

kiristao

His crossing is really underrated. Time and again .I have seem see put in good balls from that position. We finally have bodies in the box to take advantage of it..

Sylar

His crossing is really underrated. Time and again .I have seem see put in good balls from that position. We finally have bodies in the box to take advantage of it..
Yep, reminded me of the one he set up Zlatan with for the Carabao winner.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He is one of the first names on the team sheet for me. Been fantastic over the last couple of months. His ball control and quick minded positive play adds a great deal to our play.

Devil may care

Gotta get him on a new contract, his pressing and covering is so vital to the way we are now playing and the cross today for the second goal was superb.

arnie_ni

Think he's key to pogba's ability or licence should i say to attack. With him and matic there it covers for pogba. We win the ball back quicker with herrera about which again helps with pogba being further up the pitch

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Brilliant midfielder to have in any midfield combination.
Indeed. Balances the team so well, so glad he’s getting games again. We should’ve been playing this midfield 3 since last season.

criticalanalysis

Yep, reminded me of the one he set up Zlatan with for the Carabao winner.
That cross was even better because it was from a standing position with the ball at his feet; he gently clipped-crossed it past the first defender and into the 6 yard box. Inch perfect. Not to mention the occasion and time he did it too.

I think my previous post in this thread was that he's clutch in these moments.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He is the ultimate team player. Love how often he finds that pass between the lines.

AndyJ1985

Like a few others in our team, we're now seeing what he's actually capable of when he's not being shackled by a defensive prick of a manager.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Been pretty badly treated in his time with us. Van Gaal often left him out, and Jose this year barely played him.

Showed again why he should usually be in there, and made a mockery that you "can't" play him and Matic against lower league teams as it's too negative.

bpet15

Think he's key to pogba's ability or licence should i say to attack. With him and matic there it covers for pogba. We win the ball back quicker with herrera about which again helps with pogba being further up the pitch
Absolutely this. Just like Pogba in that Juventus side, Matic is your Pirlo (not a comparison on quality, but positionally) and Herrera is like Vidal. One player that mostly sits in, Matic still wanders too much for me and one that runs all over the pitch.

This frees Pogba up to be himself. Brilliant.

starman

Criminal he's had so little game time since being here. He and Pogba should always be the main two in midfield and 3rd depending on opposition

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Been pretty badly treated in his time with us. Van Gaal often left him out, and Jose this year barely played him.

Showed again why he should usually be in there, and made a mockery that you "can't" play him and Matic against lower league teams as it's too negative.
Solskjær the only manager that hasn’t made him fight to get in the lineup.

arnie_ni

Absolutely this. Just like Pogba in that Juventus side, Matic is your Pirlo (not a comparison on quality, but positionally) and Herrera is like Vidal. One player that mostly sits in, Matic still wanders too much for me and one that runs all over the pitch.

This frees Pogba up to be himself. Brilliant.
Yea. I can see the defensive arguement with matic and Herrera, but it allows our best (imo) attacker /most influential to actually effect the game in the final 3rd

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Solskjær the only manager that hasn’t made him fight to get in the lineup.
I've probably at times thought he's a bit "average" myself, especially when Pogba and Matic came in to show what a defensive and attacking mid could be like, but in the right system he's quality.

Chuck a proper quality centre back in next to Smalling and work out who is going to be wide right regularly, and we've got quite a tasty lineup.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's such a great tempo player. He has a terrific engine and can run all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.