Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loublaze

ATLien
Brought stability when he came on and broke up Liverpool's attacks well early in the second half but he was woeful on the ball.
I felt he did you exactly what is expected of him. He won headers in defense and attack. Liverpool didn't get at our CBs once he came on. He won most of the tackles in went into. He missed the long ball passes as that is not his game at all.
People might not like his style of play but he definitely plays to his full potential and expectation Everytime he plays.. now only if more of our players did the same, we would not be where we are at the moment..
As soon as he was off the pitch we lost the plot.

He was the only one capable of taking a touch under pressure and finding a man. Matic couldn't, Fellaini can't, don't even know what the feck Lingard was supposed to be today.

Don't see how people can have a go at Herrera really. One on one versus Mane going into your own box most of us would've done the same thing.

He wasn't our problem today, not by a long shot. He's one of the few that can hold their heads up even remotely off the floor.
He was the only one in our midfield capable of any kind of control today. When he went off we fell to pieces.
Interesting contrasting assessments here. I agree with the first two. When Fellaini came on we got tighter at the back and Liverpool were limited to long shots. It was Shaqiri's introduction that changed everything. Where Fellaini painfully failed was in his passing and contribution in attack.

Interesting contrasting assessments here. I agree with the first two. When Fellaini came on we got tighter at the back and Liverpool were limited to long shots. It was Shaqiri's introduction that changed everything. Where Fellaini painfully failed was in his passing and contribution in attack.
Are you getting mixed up? Fellaini came on for Dalot at half time. They were on the pitch together.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Make your mind up. He was either a headless chicken or he did nothing.

He was beaten all ends up for the goal, but should he really be finding himself out there on his own? Where was the full back? There was 3 players in the box marking no one, why wasn’t one of them backing him up? Any player who gets iscolated by Mane is going to be in trouble. Other than that, he was a one man midfield today and still managed to turn over the ball an awful lot.
he did nothing when trying to defend against Mane, made it easy for him.
In general he plays like a headless chicken , diving in all the time, giving away possession.

Hope that clears it up for ye, he is shite

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is guilty because Mane dribbled past him, unlike players like Matic who are too slow and lazy to be in the right place for opponents to even have a chance of dribbling past them.

Foxbatt

Herrera will be good if he plays with a quick defensive midfield player like Hargreaves.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
he did nothing when trying to defend against Mane, made it easy for him.
In general he plays like a headless chicken , diving in all the time, giving away possession.

Hope that clears it up for ye, he is shite
You got something to back that up? His passing stats are pretty much always very high. As is his tackling.

Ekeke

So far this season in his 5 matches in the league, Ander has attempted the most tackles of any CM / DM this season and also made the highest number of successful tackles. He has also made the most interceptions. In fact combining them he has won the ball for his team more than any other player in the league.

He does also get beaten by players dribbling him. But I think those stats show how hard he has worked when he's had a chance in midfield this season. He's not someone thats impossible to get past, but he is someone who will win the ball back over the course of the game more than any other player in the league.

So anybody who is still posting that he just runs around a lot clearly isnt paying attention when we dont have the ball. He has factually been the best player in the league at winning the ball this season.

But its been 5 matches and usually high numbers will slightly decrease over the more matches you play with things like this. So we'll have to see how long this is the case.

Irwin99

Think he will be a first team player for the rest of the season. You might knock his creativity (although he has racked up some semi-decent assist numbers over the years I think) but you won't find a better tackler in the squad.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Absolute quality today! Need this from him every week.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Weird his contract runs out this summer. He'd be a useful player for Ole and potentially Poch surely.

ivaldo

He's just involved in everything.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Still disappointed by his passing: gives it away cheaply so many times, although he’s immense in closing down and pressing.

Fred should play in his position in the easier home games, he can start the tougher away ones.

Loublaze

ATLien
Still disappointed by his passing: gives it away cheaply so many times, although he’s immense in closing down and pressing.

Fred should play in his position in the easier home games, he can start the tougher away ones.
I think Fred is a better player overall and will make that starting position his eventually. Herrera was brilliant today though. He does shape his body awkwardly before he shoots!

Devil may care

He's the automatic gritty piece in a well structured midfield 3, Pogba is the creator in the final 3rd, we just need to get a playmaker alongside Ander to dictate the game and feed Pogba and the forwards.

Tiber

Underusing and often when he was played, misusing Herrera was one of Mourinho's biggest mistakes

Not only should he start every week, he should also be wearing an armband.

ivaldo

I think Fred is a better player overall and will make that starting position his eventually. Herrera was brilliant today though. He does shape his body awkwardly before he shoots!
So what’s that based on?

Bwuk

Really don’t think we need Matic against weaker sides. Let Ander play as ac#6

pseudo_canadian

Underusing and often when he was played, misusing Herrera was one of Mourinho's biggest mistakes

Not only should he start every week, he should also be wearing an armband.
100% agree.

I felt especially happy for Herrera today because he’s someone who so obviously loves the club. For him to be a part of a big win like this must mean the world to him.

Havak

Pokemon master
I think he might be my favourite player in our squad. I hope he gets to start more games and could captain us IMO. He is the most leader-like player in our squad.

Based Adnan

Will be absolutely vital for us in the coming months due to his ability to press

djsstrike

When Ander passes forward more, he is a joy to watch. Really suck that the two former coaches turn him into a sideway passing machine.

Fracture90

Great performance overall, he was all over the pitch, tackling, retrieving the ball, passing forward and the goal was cherry on the top.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was quality yesterday. Think this might have been one of the very few times that he was played the way we all thought he would be when we signed him. I always like him as the holding mid but today he played a much more advanced and all round role and he played it brilliantly. Typically when he was used in a midfield 3 he had to be contained and reserved but also not being the main defensive mid and I think he just didnt know what Mourinho would want unless hes not a clear holding mid. Yesterday was a perfect box to box.

Status
Not open for further replies.