Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
10/10

Man of the match for me, leaders performance and covered every blade of grass. And when he gets it back, he can pick a pass.

Sort the fecking contract out, give him 5 years. Love ander, fantastic player.

Ekeke

Seemed to be yes

Edit

I think this character is why we've always been better pressing teams with Ander on the pitch. He's so good at it, and so enthusiastic about it putting his heart and soul into work when we dont have the ball that as a player in the team next to him, it gives you energy and drive to do what hes doing. And this is more of Ander giving that over-spill of passion and grit to another player.

Makalu

He really reminded me of peak Fletcher tonight. Maybe it's because Fletcher scored a couple of very similar goals against Chelsea back in the day, but I think they both have a similar way of dominating a midfield. Fletch had more power but Ander has makes up with it with his guile.

Devil may care

Superb big game performance yet again, he's as good as he's been for us right now IMO, and he is showing some real leadership out there, great run for his goal as well.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I’ve never seen somebody tackle hazard so many times

Ekeke

He really reminded me of peak Fletcher tonight. Maybe it's because Fletcher scored a couple of very similar goals against Chelsea back in the day, but I think they both have a similar way of dominating a midfield. Fletch had more power but Ander has makes up with it with his guile.
I also think Fletcher had an inflated rep because stats werent recorded so well back then. Fletcher had 1 season where he averaged 4.6 won balls between tackling and intercepting in 09/10

But in his other seasons he mostly averaged 2.5 to 2.6 combined tackles and interceptions.

Ander has an average of 4.4 tackles and interceptions combined so far this season and most seasons he's around 3.5 to 4 . With his best being 4.8 in 14/15.

So he's far more consistently a great ball winner than Fletcher was, though Fletcher had that one stand out season.

The part that is the same is Fletcher was our big game player who we could count on to put in a big performances against the big teams, which is the same as Big Game Ander

arthurka

Has been my man for years, cant see how Mou couldnt use him? Best player on the park by a mile.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Absolutely immense tonight, by far his best performance in a United shirt. Keown rightly talked about how with Ole he has the freedom to join in attacks while doing his defensive duties

Ekeke

I think he might be the most hard working player I've seen play for United. Active when we have the ball, our most active player when we dont have the ball. He's always doing something

SAFMUTD

Has he signed the new contract already? Another inmense game from him. He is the reason why Pogba can free himself in attack. Great energy, great attitude, definitely he should wear the armband.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
That's one thing I fecking hate about football.....that players get old. Gonna be a very sad day when Herrera moves on to pastures new.

Wish we could give him a 30-year contract.

Makalu

I also think Fletcher had an inflated rep because stats werent recorded so well back then. Fletcher had 1 season where he averaged 4.6 won balls between tackling and intercepting in 09/10

But in his other seasons he mostly averaged 2.5 to 2.6 combined tackles and interceptions.

Ander has an average of 4.4 tackles and interceptions combined so far this season and most seasons he's around 3.5 to 4 . With his best being 4.8 in 14/15.

So he's far more consistently a great ball winner than Fletcher was, though Fletcher had that one stand out season.

The part that is the same is Fletcher was our big game player who we could count on to put in a big performances against the big teams, which is the same as Big Game Ander
Agreed, Fletcher did have just the one season where he was consistently undroppable and that's the one that I remember him by naturally (along with THAT yellow card!). But I'm not sure that means we overate him. Most of us would say he was a level or two below say Scholes/Carrick/Keane etc.

I'm not sure you get so much from comparing stats like number of tackles and interceptions between the two periods though. Fletch played in a time where we were top dog and dominating games in comparison to Ander's time here where it's safe to say we've been below par, and playing a more defensive game, especially since Mourinho. If Ander had been around during peak Ronaldo/Rooney he would not have been making as many interceptions and tackles.

They both have the mindset for the biggest games though, both warriors.

Reactions: Penna

Trophy Room

This man has a photographic memory. Have you heard his interviews, amazing what he can remember! Future United manager :drool:

Djemba-Djemba

Doesn't score many but a fair amount of them seem to be in the big games.

Scored a couple now against Chelsea, couple against Arsenal, goals against Spurs and Liverpool too.

bpet15

Running out of words for his recent performances. When he plays well the team follows, when he struggles, the team does as well. Huge reason for our recent success.

Ekeke

Agreed, Fletcher did have just the one season where he was consistently undroppable and that's the one that I remember him by naturally (along with THAT yellow card!). But I'm not sure that means we overate him. Most of us would say he was a level or two below say Scholes/Carrick/Keane etc.

I'm not sure you get so much from comparing stats like number of tackles and interceptions between the two periods though. Fletch played in a time where we were top dog and dominating games in comparison to Ander's time here where it's safe to say we've been below par, and playing a more defensive game, especially since Mourinho. If Ander had been around during peak Ronaldo/Rooney he would not have been making as many interceptions and tackles.

They both have the mindset for the biggest games though, both warriors.
We actually had 58% of the ball on average in 14/15 where Ander won the ball the most. And we have 54.1% this season

We had 55.6% in 09/10 when Fletcher had his best ball winning season. So we had more of the ball in Ander's best and we have close to the same this season as Fletcher's best

When you have a player winning the ball a lot, obviously it makes sense that you'll have more of the ball in general than if you dont have a player winning the ball a lot

CM

Herrera is the embodiment of what a captain should be. Perfect in the way he conducts himself on and off the pitch.

Castia

Just like Pogba and Matic they’ve all been brilliant under Ole.

Status
Not open for further replies.