2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Looked like he was concentrating on keeping it simple and not making mistakes which is totally fine by me. His confidence has been knocked and he needs to build back up slowly, but living in Milan I saw plenty of him so I'm certain there's a very good keeper in there.

ti vu

Actually Am more worried that his kicking and playing out from the back has become completely non existent.

The new instructions to just hit long to rasmus and rashford is the number one cause of the terrible football we are playing. I dont know why we removed even the basic stuff he was excellent at...he even ignores basic straight forward passes to go long...its shocking

My hope is that this is not a permanent decision because it defeats the purpose of buying him
Teams seem to figure that just letting us pass at the back and marking our attackers would be sufficient enough to frustrate us.

In this game, we move the ball so slow. Someone like McTominay had very little influence in the build up, while Bruno had a disastrous overall performance. Rashford being Rashford. Even when Maguire played well, he took too long on ball. Lindelof, Evans, Dalot, Amrabat are similar to lesser extend.

Injury crisis and silly squad building with wrong priority leaves us again with plenty of round holes and square pegs on the team.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Surely there was another keeper that’s good with the ball at his feet but better at shot stopping than Onana.

ti vu

Had a tremendous performance against them 4 months ago...
It also lend itself to Inter as a team is very good defensive that reduce City to 4 shots on target (7 total): Haaland shot from narrow angle straight toward Onana, KDB tame shot, Rodri goal, and Foden shot after a little solo effort. Onana performance has more to do with his ability with the ball at his feet. Sheffield United got 6 on target on Sunday (with 12 shots in total), and plenty other opening that they misplaced passes thus failed to get more shot off.

Can't expect us to defend that well with injuries of our key defenders, and team overall poor form.

Last edited:

poleglass red

We wanted a ball playing keeper but don't have the defenders to play that style, even when all are fit. Our first choice back 4 would be AWB, Varane, Martinez and Shaw. Only Shaw and Martinez are comfortable receiving the ball from the keeper.

el3mel

Everything is in past and totally forgiven.

Turn it around from here please.

mu4c_20le

Hell of a turnaround. From getting jeered by fans for his wayward kicking in the first half, to raising the decibel levels beyond legal limits with that save. Wow. Only at Manchester United

Idxomer

His shot-stopping was good all game, the first time he looked consistently like a competent keeper.

RepardReece

If that doesn't kickstart his career here I'm not sure what will

Looked good for the most part today, not just the penalty save

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He goes the right way for them from what I’ve seen so I was quietly confident. Fantastic save and very happy for him.