View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

lex talionis

I was appalled that we shitcanned De Gea for Onana — which is still a daft decision — but what done is done and although Onana has had some pretty poor performances for us it’s evident that he’s on his way to becoming a decent keeper. Probably never an exceptional keeper but at least an above average keeper.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I was appalled that we shitcanned De Gea for Onana — which is still a daft decision — but what done is done and although Onana has had some pretty poor performances for us it’s evident that he’s on his way to becoming a decent keeper. Probably never an exceptional keeper but at least an above average keeper.
DDG was atrocious last year. I would happily take Onana over him to be honest. The CL mistakes really hurt but so did a lot of bullshit DDG did.

Kostov

DDG was atrocious last year. I would happily take Onana over him to be honest. The CL mistakes really hurt but so did a lot of bullshit DDG did.
Onana has done more bullshit this past 3 months, than DDG did in the last 5 years. But okey whatever floats your boat.

Enjoy “the upgrade”.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Onana has done more bullshit this past 3 months, than DDG did in the last 5 years. But okey whatever floats your boat.

Enjoy “the upgrade”.
He really hasn't. What a crazy rewrite of history.

The amount of times I've seen DDG live surrender a 10 yard pass to the opposition front line by accident, only for us to salvage a last ditch tackle from Martinez. feck me I lost count.

Ddgs mistakes in the last embers of the season, 3 MASSIVE ones. His arial inconsistencies. He was so over the hill it was damn obvious.

Borninthe80ts

If anyone knows of the top their head how many mistakes he has made I’d like to know please? I’ve not watched all the games he has played in but my gut tells me it’s over blown and it’s maybe more of a poor team performance and profile of the mistakes. Ie that they’ve been in champions league games or where we’ve not won?

Rossa

What about him makes you think he's brave?! Was it shouting at Maguire?
Brave? He throws himself head first into low crosses. It's a sure recipe for a few head injuries down the line. Having played as a goalie, it's a dangerous but brave move. His style of play is brave. I don't care much about shouting.

ken11

Give it 5 more years everyone - Onana will show us why we bought him.

/s

Bobski

A proper wooden one.

There is no spring there, if the ball is high, close to his body he is ok, if not he moves like an old man.

abkmufc92

You have to have severe brain damage to think this guy is a good keeper.

PoTMS

Clown needs to be loaned back to Inter in January. I don't think he's the answer AT ALL but I would absolutely bring De Gea back over keeping this idiot.

Roboc7

More he plays the more likely is it will be his one and only season first choice, terrified at thought of him being in goal at Anfield.

Unam333

His technique looks off.
The first disallowed goal he punched the ball back into the pitch. I am not a goalkeeper expert, but he should try to put it over the bar.

And his reactions do look very slow.

Red Star One

Insults against him are quite unbearable and you should grow up, but he’s been bad again. I don’t feel confident with him at all

Permaglued to his line, a ghost in 1v1 situations, genuinely weird goalkeeping technique on just about everything he does.

Woeful signing. Needs to be moved on at the earliest opportunity. None of this 'maybe next year' bullshit that ends up lasting 4 years like we usually do.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is bellow average gk. If he wasn't hyped because of his ball playing abilities, he wouldn't be playing even for midtable clubs.

Oranges038

Permaglued to his line, a ghost in 1v1 situations, genuinely weird goalkeeping technique on just about everything he does.

Woeful signing. Needs to be moved on at the earliest opportunity. None of this 'maybe next year' bullshit that ends up lasting 4 years like we usually do.
Saved a 1v1 on Wednesday and made a good block on the one near the end, unlucky/ with the rebound.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
What was that header save for second goal ? . It was a clean save for any keeper.

I can understand the mistakes but jeez, these are basic skills.

Gopher Brown

When I watch him I think he's just acting as a goalkeeper, without actually being a goalkeeper. Some of his dives are so flamboyant without getting anywhere near the ball. That second goal today, what the feck is he doing? It's like he shuts his eyes and thinks 'What would a goalkeeper look like in this situation?'

Now and again he luckily gets a random hand on things and people say it's a 'good save' but so often it is pushed out directly into the danger area.

Absolute tripe.

Someone

Something
He's a very poor keeper. Never seen a keeper with worse reflexes. He's a unit who somehow makes himself look so small.

VP

He looks like an outfield player in goal. How the feck did he last so long at Ajax and Inter?

Mercurial

1st and 2nd was saveable the 3rd was pretty far from him
He looks like an outfield player in goal. How the feck did he last so long at Ajax and Inter?
Ajax dominated the league, and Inter has a mammoth of a defensive like 8 man strong in front. His CL run was vs weakest possible 3rd tier teams. This has been pointed out but conveniently ignored. He was always a liability but his teams outscored his flaws.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He will never bail us out when we need him to come clutch and he makes mistakes when we're playing well. He's a joke, ETH is clueless for going for him after managing him for Ajax, it's absurd.

RedRocket9908

He is a good keeper but he is playing with no defence in front of him, playing with no defence would make any keeper look bad.

He is also unlucky that a lit of his clubs fans wont back him because they are still upset about De Gea leaving.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
What was that jump for the second goal? A drunk cripple would have jumped higher. He's never filled me with any confidence.

Litch

Not sure why people are going in on him. Whilst its arguable about whether saves the second or not, hardly a mistake.

erikcred

He is a good keeper but he is playing with no defence in front of him, playing with no defence would make any keeper look bad.

He is also unlucky that a lit of his clubs fans wont back him because they are still upset about De Gea leaving.
Yes, fans upset about De Gea leaving are the reason for him spilling routine shots and shitty movement in goal that leaves him unable or unwilling to actually stop the ball from going into his net.