5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyrobus

I feel he should play Iniesta's role. Advanced to the left in 4-3-3 where he has freedom to either go out wide or influence play through the middle.

Gerald G

I remember I said towards the end of last season that he's too good to be playing in the U21s and that showed even more so earlier today.

He is so talented. He can play central midfield, number 10 or out wide. He's got great ability. I really hope he stays and gets minutes.

NK86

Would like to see him playing more centrally, same with Lingard but he did very well and showed Van Gaal he can be also a good option out wide. Really like him! We don't really need diMaria or anyone coming for him if he leaves..
Based on the first pre-season game of the season? I agree he was good but let us jot get too carried away. I will be glad if he gets the chances in the cup competitions and minutes off the bench in the league.

LARulz

Didn't watch the game but just saw the video posted of his performance. He looks very good. I know he lost the ball a few times but the way he dribbles with the ball seems effortless and he seems to always know what he wants to do whites better than someone who just runs and hopes for the best.

Biggest plus point for me was the tracking back, liked seeing that

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Based on the first pre-season game of the season? I agree he was good but let us jot get too carried away. I will be glad if he gets the chances in the cup competitions and minutes off the bench in the league.
We & the media all got carried away about Adnan & that was way too premature considering his general play last season.

In saying that, i've more confidence in Pereira realising his potential than Adnan tbh..

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Didn't watch the game but just saw the video posted of his performance. He looks very good. I know he lost the ball a few times but the way he dribbles with the ball seems effortless and he seems to always know what he wants to do whites better than someone who just runs and hopes for the best.

Biggest plus point for me was the tracking back, liked seeing that
Add all his qualities goin forward with his tracking back & we've got a gem on our hands no doubt. He's pretty fast also..

El-Manos

We & the media all got carried away about Adnan & that was way too premature considering his general play last season.

In saying that, i've more confidence in Pereira realising his potential than Adnan tbh..
Strange conclusion to make, considering Adnan proved himself in big games when nobody else was performing while Pereira had just one impressive pre season game.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Strange conclusion to make, considering Adnan proved himself in big games when nobody else was performing while Pereira had just one impressive pre season game.
I have hope for Adnan, but he's been average far more than he has been brilliant. If you take away the handful of games where he performed brilliantly in Moyes' year, a vast majority of his performances have been indicative of a talented youth player who is clearly not ready for the next level yet.

Sam

Really excited by this lads potential. Hope he gets plenty of chances this season.

El-Manos

I have hope for Adnan, but he's been average far more than he has been brilliant. If you take away the handful of games where he performed brilliantly in Moyes' year, a vast majority of his performances have been indicative of a talented youth player who is clearly not ready for the next level yet.
He's had to work with 3 different managers so far, who all had a very different approach. This is not the ideal platform for a young player to develop, the fact our team has been experiencing a transitional period ever since SAF left, surely does not contribute to that. What I remember seeing is a very uninspiring United team out there under Moyes, which consisted of some big names who all failed to step up when they were supposed to. He did. I saw some impressive performances from him under Moyes and he was consistent that year with the exception of 1 or two games. Januzaj wow'ed me at times and was showing some incredible skill and maturity at times. His talent is undeniable but so has been his set back under Van Gaal so far. This and next season will be interesting to see how he will react. He had a year to adapt and the team is getting stronger and seem to understand the famous "philosophy".

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He's had to work with 3 different managers so far, who all had a very different approach. This is not the ideal platform for a young player to develop, the fact our team has been experiencing a transitional period ever since SAF left, surely does not contribute to that. What I remember seeing is a very uninspiring United team out there under Moyes, which consisted of some big names who all failed to step up when they were supposed to. He did. I saw some impressive performances from him under Moyes and he was consistent that year with the exception of 1 or two games. Januzaj wow'ed me at times and was showing some incredible skill and maturity at times. His talent is undeniable but so has been his set back under Van Gaal so far. This and next season will be interesting to see how he will react. He had a year to adapt and the team is getting stronger and seem to understand the famous "philosophy".
Fair enough, but my point is if he was as good as that run of form two years ago, then he would've been able to evolve a bit since then irrespective of whether it was LvG or whoever.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
It's all about opinion of course Manos, but Adnan to me has been much more miss than hit when he's been given a chance.

I've a much better feeling about Pereira than i do Adnan. Adnan really needs to harden up for starters - Pereira looks like he's already got that bit of devil / toughness in him, that Adnan seriously lacks.

Adnan seems to get intimidated far too much (even plenty of times in the U-21's) - whereas Pereira looks like a player that doesnt give a shit about the opposition tryin to bully him, he's strong mentally. I've seen Pereira play plenty of times btw & not just one pre-season game..

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Absolutely mate. I still have high hopes for him of course, but he's really gonna have to raise his game..

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
It's all about opinion of course Manos, but Adnan to me has been much more miss than hit when he's been given a chance.

I've a much better feeling about Pereira than i do Adnan. Adnan really needs to harden up for starters - Pereira looks like he's already got that bit of devil / toughness in him, that Adnan seriously lacks.

Adnan seems to get intimidated far too much (even plenty of times in the U-21's) - whereas Pereira looks like a player that doesnt give a shit about the opposition tryin to bully him, he's strong mentally. I've seen Pereira play plenty of times btw & not just one pre-season game..
Completely agree. Ever since I first saw him in the 18s it stood out how brave he was. He was getting kicked all over the place but it never stopped him showing for the ball and holding onto it when he had it.

He's a creative player but he doesnt shy away from a physical battle either.

When he's 23/24 he's going to be something special im sure of it.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Hasn't he come straight from the U20 World Cup? No surprise he looked sharper than the rest of the squad.

I'd like to see him getting games wide right as well as in the centre next season.

m1y2

yeah probs I am getting carried away a little bit too much but he didn't look out of place at all and I feel he's that kind of teenager who with good players around him can shine no matter how little experience he has, he's so confident, can keep possession well which is a good start for him, and is really creative little player who is not afraid of tackling or tracking back, part of the game he developed recently and that's always rated by someone like LVG.

Apart him Herrera and Lingard we have no one else with such tenacity about him in midfield, so I feel he could get more than cup games this season. Anyway I agree that we should slowly give him minutes through cup games first and slowly start to rotate him perhaps when we have comfortable home fixtures..

ChaddyP

Hard to believe he isn't a first team regular. He looked so good out there. Very exciting. Feel like if we sell di Maria we should just replace him with one of the kids. Feck buying some superstar

Glanville95

Could be a breakthrough season for him, even if competition is fierce.

Didn't watch the game last night, but saw his personal highlights and he was very impressive. Not sure whether it was under instruction as he seemed to hug the byline for the most part, but I think I'd still prefer him centrally. He's got tidy technique and decent dribbling ability, but not sure he's good for a wide berth, as he doesn't look like he'll be isolating fullbacks 1v1 and he would be restricted to do that often in his current role.

JackXX

Thought he was probably our best player. It is only preseason but hopefully he can impress LVG. Will be hard for him to break into the side but hes always looked a step ahead in terms of talent when playing in the u21/youth teams.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Probably our best player in the second half. Really glad he signed a new contract.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Looks like he's got 'it'. Would be nice to see him break through over the next year or so.

Dante

Average bang
One of the most technically accomplished performances I've seen in ages. The only thing that'll stop him is how much he wants it.

Brightonian

It's nice that he's getting the opportunity to catch the attention of United fans en masse, but when you've watched them play their way through the youth teams it does always feel a bit like sending your kid off to their first day at school. Lots of excellent posts here about his potential and how we should try to give him his shot this season, but one unimpressive pre-season game and the thread will be awash with:

'Way too soon for him'
'People were getting so carried away with this kid after a couple of friendlies, he's not Messi ffs! :lol:'
'He might have impressed at a lower level but I don't think he has what it takes to make the step up, we need world class now, just buy De Bruyne/Flashinthepaninho.'
'Why does our academy not create top players any more?'
'He's no Pogba'

Etc etc etc.

Last edited:

bugmat

He looked great. I'v seen him for our U-21 but I think maybe the recent experience with the Brazil team has given him more drive. He looks determined. I really hope that he goes on a proper loan (eg PSV as mooted) OR we really give him some quality time in the cups and as a sub occasionally. Wouldn't want to lose him through neglect..

m1y2

He looked great. I'v seen him for our U-21 but I think maybe the recent experience with the Brazil team has given him more drive. He looks determined. I really hope that he goes on a proper loan (eg PSV as mooted) OR we really give him some quality time in the cups and as a sub occasionally. Wouldn't want to lose him through neglect..
yea I think the same, he looks much faster all of a sudden and Brazil experience gave him more confidence I guess too, always thought he's a bit wasted on that left wing but he seems totally playable there now

Dunno about the loan, I think he would benefit from watching Sweinsteiger/Mata/ Herrera even Depay play here, he will be a good sub option and in cup games too

Classical Mechanic

yea I think the same, he looks much faster all of a sudden and Brazil experience gave him more confidence I guess too, always thought he's a bit wasted on that left wing but he seems totally playable there now

Dunno about the loan, I think he would benefit from watching Sweinsteiger/Mata/ Herrera even Depay play here, he will be a good sub option and in cup games too
Yeah I get the feeling that he will be kept around the squad this season to see if he takes his chances.

NoPace

First touch and agility are special. No idea what kind of player he'll become.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
First touch and agility are special. No idea what kind of player he'll become.
Someone said on here earlier that he had a bitta Iniesta about him & i tend to agree, but he also has other quality characteristics - especially not havin any fear of gettin stuck in & his pace.

He got booked last night too & it was a bittuva dodgy tackle from memory, but it shows he's got that bit of devil in him also & is very determined. That's what we want, coupled with quality football ability of course..

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Will be interesting to monitor his and Januzaj's progress this season. Wonder if either will go on loan. Wouldn't be surprised to see him surpass Januzaj in the pecking order of best young talent at the club.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
My heart says we shouldnt let him go on loan either. Let him train with our top players & give him games.

His determination last night was a message to LvG to give him a chance & that's what we should do over the course of the season. There'll be plenty of games for everyone & more for the better young players.

I personally think he's too good to let go for a season, but if the club think a loan is better for his development, i'd run with that no problem - they know better than us.

It would just be a big shame not to see him in a United shirt for a year though!

Status
Not open for further replies.