Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So what happened with this kid? Everyone was hoping he's renew his contract, he's supposed to be a big talent, but he never gets a game even when our attack is poor and two number 10s are injured? I'd imagine sooner rather than later he's going to get fed up. Or is he not playing well for thr reserves?

Rake

Winter is coming... He will get his chances during the frantic Dec-Jan period i think. Since every player we currently play in the numer 10 spot is shit, if Pereira performs good he might be able to secure a starting spot

wiz4231

So what happened with this kid? Everyone was hoping he's renew his contract, he's supposed to be a big talent, but he never gets a game even when our attack is poor and two number 10s are injured? I'd imagine sooner rather than later he's going to get fed up. Or is he not playing well for thr reserves?
He's playing very well for the reserves, assisted Fellainis goal and played a part in the other. The problem for him is even though he is extremely talented he doesn't posses alot of pace and outwide where at the moment he can get game time its not what's needed. Where I believe he will excel is at CM, ala Herrera role but were over stocked in this area and so he's having to be developed in a different area to get game time which is disappointing to see. It's the same issue with Sean Goss.

Were all frustrated with watching 2 defensive CM playing together acting as defenders that don't really support the attack, if we change it up a little, say put Morgan and Herrera at CM, we'd have a DM and CM, Morgan would sit back while Herrera would push forward, put Mata at #10 and we've found the solution to our creative problems (IMO). Sticking to the same system, if we didn't have the likes of Carrick, Bastian and Fellaini, we'd see Goss (DM), Pereira (CM) and Januzaj (#10) as back up. You could say that not enough experience for back up but I'd rather give them game time over (ATM) Carrick and Fellaini.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If Basti is out for three games, he'll get some sort of a run out, right? Right...?

Sigma

If Basti is out for three games, he'll get some sort of a run out, right? Right...?
I'd like to see a 4-3-3 with Schneiderlin, Carrick and Pereira. Mata hasn't been doing it for the last few games so have Lingard and Herrera out wide with Martial in the middle.

DWelbz19

I'd like to see a 4-3-3 with Schneiderlin, Carrick and Pereira. Mata hasn't been doing it for the last few games so have Lingard and Herrera out wide with Martial in the middle.
A three man midfield would help a lot. Currently, we're so mechanical and rigid. Just get players like Herrera and Pereira making runs from deep and instigating play in the final third quicker. Sounds way too chaotic for van Gaal, though.

Dante

Average bang
Either Pereira or Powell are going to get a lot of minutes over the next few matches. It'll be interesting to see which one LvG goes for. If I had to guess, I think it's gonna be the latter since van Gaal prefers his #10s to be strong on the ball. If Pereira's gonna play, my guess is he'll come on for one of the wingers towards the end of games.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Now Powell is ahead of him? That's a big slap in the face. I wouldn't be taking it well if I was him, to be honest.

BlahRules

A person with a brain would have subbed him on for Mata but we have Van Gal what can we expect.

United22

So fatty Powell who has done feck all is ahead of him? LVG is a fecking joke :lol:

m1y2

Needs a loan.
:lol:

edit I thought it was nick powell thread, that I would find hilarious, but in this thread its sad, he should get gametime ahead of someone like Fellaini and Powell

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I am mostly confident Powell came on ahead of him because of his height.
And his strength and his goal scoring ability. It is quite obvious that Powell is viewed as a second striker type where Andreas isn't. Powell came on and was partnering Martial up top for the most part, Andreas wouldn't be doing that.

FromTheBench

And his strength and his goal scoring ability. It is quite obvious that Powell is viewed as a second striker type where Andreas isn't. Powell came on and was partnering Martial up top for the most part, Andreas wouldn't be doing that.
Andreas could have played deeper and Fellaini pushed forward which he was doing anyway at that point leaving one in midfield.

Still don't get why Mata had to go off tho.

amolbhatia50k

Does LVG not rate him? Half the season and such little first team football.

FromTheBench

Does LVG not rate him? Half the season and such little first team football.
Yeah, it's odd. He should head out on loan soon tbh.

Wilson, Januzaj, Pereira are the 3 biggest youth prospects we have coming through if anything and LVG seems to want to use all other U21s more except them. It's weird.

amolbhatia50k

Yeah, it's odd. He should head out on loan soon tbh.

Wilson, Januzaj, Pereira are the 3 biggest youth prospects we have coming through if anything and LVG seems to want to use all other U21s more except them. It's weird.
Hopefully at least Januzaj and Pereira are given a higher priority next season.

DWelbz19

He imagined the ball was van Gaal

FromTheBench

Am i the only one who thought it looked worse than it was due to the lunge ?

Don't think his studs were pointing at the end and he missed the man.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Red card more often than not, that one. Was clean off the floor with both feet at one time. If he'd properly twatted Stanislas with that rather than just catching him I think he'd be off.

MarkC

Not a red just a clumsy tackle.

Hopefully gets a go at number 10 this half. Think if we can get him firing he has the ability to be a great player.

m1y2

its so obvious we should use him in midfield, I dont understand why LVG doesnt see it, the master of balance, we are absolutely immobile in midfield, just need exactly player like Pereira. Sure hes a bit of lightweight but he showed on numerous occasions that he can play there, to control the game. He has a bit of flair in him as well, if Schneiderlin comes back for the nexxt game I hope Pereira gets Lingards position at least..

Devil may care

I thought he did well after a rash start, put some decent balls in and I like how quickly he makes his mind up when in a good position.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I like him. He is very good on the ball and has a decent pass/cross in him. Should be used as a part of a 3 man midfield.

wiz4231

its so obvious we should use him in midfield, I dont understand why LVG doesnt see it, the master of balance, we are absolutely immobile in midfield, just need exactly player like Pereira. Sure hes a bit of lightweight but he showed on numerous occasions that he can play there, to control the game. He has a bit of flair in him as well, if Schneiderlin comes back for the nexxt game I hope Pereira gets Lingards position at least..
Your right he should be used in midfield. I do feel were a bit heavy there at the moment, Carrick, Bastian, Morgan, Herrera, Fellaini. Tbh I don't think we should have bought Bastian and Fellaini shouldn't be at the club because as long as he is here he will always be used as a tool and will continue to play route 1 football. Having said that I don't think Carrick will be here next season and so will open the door for Pereira and hopefully Goss too.

DM: Schneiderlin, Goss (Bastian)
CM: Herrera, Pereira (Bastian)
AM: Mata?, Januzaj

Hopefully this next season

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah I thought he did okay today really. He obviously has potential, and should probably play more then he does. Is very smart on the ball usually. Just needs to cut out diving into tackles.

ottosec

This kid is always doing well every time he gets the chance. He needs to play more... much more.

Truedevil

I reckon under the next manager he might even be a starter given how absymal our forward options are.

Status
Not open for further replies.