5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFish

A kid that good should be playing and given a chance especially in the current set up. If he fails so what. I think its been disgraceful how we have handled him and it definitely is Pogba * 2.

If I was him I'd be dying to leave on loan.
I was just thinking it seems like he's been 'the star talent' waiting in the wings for what seems like an age now.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Our top three talents under 21 have been handled extremely poorly by LVG. That's putting it mildly, too, might I add.

Pereira has deserved far better treatment than this.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Wilson has under impressed in every game I've ever seen him play in, bar his first.

Januzaj was crap all last season, and equally so at Dortmund.

Pereira doesn't look ready to make the step up, but should be given chances regardless.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Our top three talents under 21 have been handled extremely poorly by LVG. That's putting it mildly, too, might I add.

Pereira has deserved far better treatment than this.
It's utter bullshit that people think he's been good with our youth. If they don't hit the blocks running first time then he gives up on them completely. Lingard survived because he is tidy enough and puts a shift in. Look at the rest: Wilson, Januzaj, Pereira, McNair, Blackett, Johnstone (who played well but has been poorly handled)...the list goes on.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
It's utter bullshit that people think he's been good with our youth. If they don't hit the blocks running first time then he gives up on them completely. Lingard survived because he is tidy enough and puts a shift in. Look at the rest: Wilson, Januzaj, Pereira, McNair, Blackett, Johnstone (who played well but has been poorly handled)...the list goes on.
At this level, you have to hit the ground running. If you don't take your chances when they're handed to you, there's nothing the manager can do. CBJ and Varela are two examples of players who have taken their chances, both likely to feature for the rest of the season.

With Johnstone... he's never going to start over the best keeper in the league.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
And Lingard, might I add, is 23. But he doesnt ever look threatening in the offensive half of things, so I can see why LVG rates him.

It's amazing Martial has lasted this long.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
If I was prone to generalisations in my post, then you just blew me out of the water.
Wilson has been spectacular, Januzaj has been excellent and Pereira is ready to start PL games then?

RedFish

Wilson has under impressed in every game I've ever seen him play in, bar his first.

Januzaj was crap all last season, and equally so at Dortmund.

Pereira doesn't look ready to make the step up, but should be given chances regardless.
I have thought that too. It's like he's content being the star at reserve level. Anyhow,he could do with grabbing the bull by the horns and making it impossible for him to be left out. No doubting his talent of course.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I was just thinking it seems like he's been 'the star talent' waiting in the wings for what seems like an age now.
its absolutely ridiculous. Completely unjustifiable.. yet you'll get posters backing LVG saying he hasn't performed.. yeah right.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Apparently Van Gaal didn't want to let Pereira leave on loan this month, despite interest from PSV and Malaga. Poor decision, IMO. He needs regular first team playing time.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
I have thought that too. It's like he's content being the star at reserve level. Anyhow,he could do with grabbing the bull by the horns and making it impossible for him to be left out. No doubting his talent of course.
In fairness to him, he plays a position where it will be difficult to get games. It's not like the Pogba situation where we were playing Rafael and Park in midfield when we had a youth prospect who everyone felt was ready to make the step up (combined with shortage of options). Pereira is contending against the likes of Mata and Herrera (or whichever other midfielder/attacking midfielder LvG decides to play). Best case scenario is he gets a chance on the wing, but not sure that's where he should be playing. I'll defer to someone who's watched more of the youth side than I have, but I've always seen him as a 10.

RedFish

its absolutely ridiculous. Completely unjustifiable.. yet you'll get posters backing LVG saying he hasn't performed.. yeah right.
He's very slight physically, he does look like a boy playing amongst men somtimes. Not sure if that counts against him....

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He's very slight physically, he does look like a boy playing amongst men somtimes. Not sure if that counts against him....
He's more of a man than that spanish midget Mata.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
This guy needs to play more, not saying he should start every game but 20 mins every now and then would be good to test him out, surprised he didn't get a look in against Derby. Don't think he will hang around if he stays on the bench every week.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
i don't really understand the point of making that sub... why couldn't he come on around the 75th minute at the very least?

i mean it's not like he's gonna feck up the game is he?

Butty19

Could've given both him and Depay half an hour last night easily. The game was over as a contest. No wonder the lads getting pissed off.

ferguson2

There's always something some users can complain about, even if it's only about 10 minutes more or less a player didn't play.
Pereira is stll young and has a lot of time to show what he's capable of.

prath92

Could've given both him and Depay half an hour last night easily. The game was over as a contest. No wonder the lads getting pissed off.
Why? It's not a big deal at this age. He is 20. He has lots of time

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Exactly, Pogba was patient and it paid off.

prath92

Exactly, Pogba was patient and it paid off.
Pogba wasn't getting any chance. This guy gets games. Plus pogba left on a free. I doubt if he was on a 3 year contract juve would have paid for him our asking fee.

Sarni

Pogba wasn't getting any chance. This guy gets games. Plus pogba left on a free. I doubt if he was on a 3 year contract juve would have paid for him our asking fee.
Yeah, I know. Just saying that because he's just 20 does not mean he should be hardly getting any time. If he's good enough he's old enough (which he clearly isn't seeing as he does not play).

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Striker, Centre back and Central Midfield are the hardest positions for a young player to break in for a team. The tactical discipline and also the responsibility of constant performance in those positions means a lot of youngsters don't start off playing there.

Full back positions, attacking midfielders and wingers/wide forwards are less tactically brutal for a young player and is good fo expressing yourself and just playing your natural game. Thats why, most cases of young players breaking through will see them play in those positions first before moving towards their most natural central position. Problem for United is their best youth players are not really effective in those positions and you have a manager who expects the same tactical discipline from every position on the field.

wiz4231

Yeah, I know. Just saying that because he's just 20 does not mean he should be hardly getting any time. If he's good enough he's old enough (which he clearly isn't seeing as he does not play).
He's not good enough? The reason he doesn't play is because of the amount of central midfield players we have (Inc. #10) and no he's not a wide player. Do you think Lingard or CBJ would be playing if we weren't so short on players outwide and FB? They not good enough too?

Dante

Average bang
Maybe he's still a little fazed by playing in front of 78,000 expectant fans. I know I would be. 5 minutes gets him used to it.

There's no way of know what his issue is right now. I do think, however, he's still lacking in strength and quickness of mind. I think LvG is right to ease him in slowly for those reasons alone.

Sarni

He's not good enough? The reason he doesn't play is because of the amount of central midfield players we have (Inc. #10) and no he's not a wide player. Do you think Lingard or CBJ would be playing if we weren't so short on players outwide and FB? They not good enough too?
Exactly, he's not good enough to play ahead of players who are better than him which is why he doesn't play, not because of age.

Status
Not open for further replies.