Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Depay doesn't play, and when Lingard plays Mata doesn't play....
That's true but I meant in terms of who's game time Pereira should take based on current form, well up until Anfield anyway.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That's true but I meant in terms of who's game time Pereira should take based on current form, well up until Anfield anyway.
IMO one of Fellaini (most preferably) or Lingard (Pereira has played wide in pre-season and this season in the UCL)

jb8521

Yeah, that post was nonsense. In the league he has been grasping at cameos in matches where we've been bereft [which is normally every game] and hope he can do something. Against Chelsea he came on and made a great chance for Rooney toward the end, which Rooney couldn't control and forced it wide to Mata. He had a great 90 minutes in the FA Cup, albeit against weaker opposition but he definitely has the capacity to be playing a sizable amount more.
He didnt play against Chelsea and only played 12 minutes in the FA Cup

jb8521

I'm not sure how a 20 year old who already signed a new contract and is saying he might need to go out on loan to help him develop is being compared to Pogba. It's basically the complete opposite mind set to Pogba

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
I'm not sure how a 20 year old who already signed a new contract and is saying he might need to go out on loan to help him develop is being compared to Pogba. It's basically the complete opposite mind set to Pogba
It's the negative mind set of our fans currently. Anyway, out of all the youngsters - he is probably the one who needs a loan out the most.

Lynty

Where would you loan him to though? Which manager would you trust to utilize him correctly?

Bit of a luxury player at this point in time. He'd most likely sit on the bench everywhere else in England. To find regular games he'd have to go to the mid level leagues on the continent - Belgium, France, Netherlands or Portugal - who are more busy developing their own prospects, because that's how the teams their do business.

I'd say, under more favorable circumstances, he's at the right club to develop as a player. It's just a shame we can't afford to play him more often.

That being said...I'd prefer to see him on the pitch over Mata or Fellaini.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Where would you loan him to though? Which manager would you trust to utilize him correctly?

Bit of a luxury player at this point in time. He'd most likely sit on the bench everywhere else in England. To find regular games he'd have to go to the mid level leagues on the continent - Belgium, France, Netherlands or Portugal - who are more busy developing their own prospects, because that's how the teams their do business.

I'd say, under more favorable circumstances, he's at the right club to develop as a player. It's just a shame we can't afford to play him more often.

That being said...I'd prefer to see him on the pitch over Mata or Fellaini.
He'd be one of the best players in the league in Belgium and even up there in Holland and Portugal. After PSG, Ligue 1 is even pretty weak. He said himself last year he could be starting every game in the Eredivisie if he wanted to but he preferred to stay at United in the highest level.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He didnt play against Chelsea and only played 12 minutes in the FA Cup
Capital One Cup, then? The game he scored that free kick in. The other match I was thinking of was Leicester, I think.

Devil81

His agent is no doubt in his ear, unfortunately the profile outgrows the minutes on the field these days. Pogba has now set the standard for some of these kids, they must be all looking thinking, I could do that.

From Fleetwood away for the reserves, to the Champions league final in three years. Madness.

Lynty

He'd be one of the best players in the league in Belgium and even up there in Holland and Portugal. After PSG, Ligue 1 is even pretty weak. He said himself last year he could be starting every game in the Eredivisie if he wanted to but he preferred to stay at United in the highest level.
Yes that's what I mean. I'm not certain he'd be the best, but he'd be certainly a strong asset for a team in those leagues. The point i was trying to make was that teams in Belgium, Holland, Portugal and France rarely take loanees from other leagues. They much prefer to develop the potential in their own squad, to sell on to clubs like us, taking a 21 year old prospect from us might even hinder the chances of developing their own youngsters.

It's easy to say we need to send him on loan, but as we've seen with Januzaj, there not always of great benefit to the player.

I'd say keep him here, he'll get his cameos in time.

dichinero

Yes that's what I mean. I'm not certain he'd be the best, but he'd be certainly a strong asset for a team in those leagues. The point i was trying to make was that teams in Belgium, Holland, Portugal and France rarely take loanees from other leagues. They much prefer to develop the potential in their own squad, to sell on to clubs like us, taking a 21 year old prospect from us might even hinder the chances of developing their own youngsters.

It's easy to say we need to send him on loan, but as we've seen with Januzaj, there not always of great benefit to the player.

I'd say keep him here, he'll get his cameos in time

Januzaj's case does not have to apply to every other player. The obvious reason for the loan failure was the choice of clubs from the get go.

The doesn't need cameo appearances, and he isn't even going to get any. Fellaini has more chance of playing 90+mins in a match than Pereira getting out of his track suit which is just criminal. It should be the other way round. For the sake of the boy I'd be happy to see him move on rather than waste his time on the bench while the likes of Fellaini constantly tralala on the pitch.

Crashoutcassius

Yeah, that post was nonsense. In the league he has been grasping at cameos in matches where we've been bereft [which is normally every game] and hope he can do something. Against Chelsea he came on and made a great chance for Rooney toward the end, which Rooney couldn't control and forced it wide to Mata. He had a great 90 minutes in the FA Cup, albeit against weaker opposition but he definitely has the capacity to be playing a sizable amount more.
fine, he could play more, but he hasn't done anything when he's played. The impact you need to stay in the team is pretty big, like compare his little cameos to januzaj 2 years ago. that's how you stay in the team. Coming on and not effecting the game at all won't be good enough, even if everyone knows you have performed well at u21s

But i do think people watch different games to me as there's always a slew of 'woooowww what a talent' after a ten mintues cameo where he touches the ball 4 times and rolls it back to the left back.

I really don't think saying he hasn't impacted in his first team appearances is total nonsense but each to their own view

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's obvious he is talking about a loan and not leaving permanently. The gloom and doom is doing my head in.

Lynty

Januzaj's case does not have to apply to every other player. The obvious reason for the loan failure was the choice of clubs from the get go.

The doesn't need cameo appearances, and he isn't even going to get any. Fellaini has more chance of playing 90+mins in a match than Pereira getting out of his track suit which is just criminal. It should be the other way round. For the sake of the boy I'd be happy to see him move on rather than waste his time on the bench while the likes of Fellaini constantly tralala on the pitch.
Yes I agree he needs game time, and it's criminal that Fellaini gets more than him...but there are no realistic clubs that would take him on loan and give him enough game time to develop.

Steven Seagull

fine, he could play more, but he hasn't done anything when he's played. The impact you need to stay in the team is pretty big, like compare his little cameos to januzaj 2 years ago. that's how you stay in the team. Coming on and not effecting the game at all won't be good enough, even if everyone knows you have performed well at u21s

But i do think people watch different games to me as there's always a slew of 'woooowww what a talent' after a ten mintues cameo where he touches the ball 4 times and rolls it back to the left back.

I really don't think saying he hasn't impacted in his first team appearances is total nonsense but each to their own view
Yeah but you said he's been muck. Which he hasn't. That's probably why people responded

dichinero

Yes I agree he needs game time, and it's criminal that Fellaini gets more than him...but there are no realistic clubs that would take him on loan and give him enough game time to develop.
I remember PSV being interested on a loan last season, I think. I think a few Championship clubs might be interested if he is available.

dichinero

I see what you are saying but Fellaini has had a good number of cameo appearances at early in the season without having any positive effect yet he gets a good run of games. I don't know what you would expect of a young player who has been given limited game time. The fact is, whenever he comes on, the talent is there and that is more than 4 touches on the ball.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

He scored a nice free kick in the League Cup, and played well in that game. Then he didn't get on the pitch for the first team for a whole month. He did something significant to stay in the team, but didn't. He got just under an hour against Bournemouth which was probably our worst team performance this season, a team ravaged by injury. Aside from that, he got 10 minutes against Watford and less than 10 minutes against Stoke. It's not really enough time to make an impact.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
Sometimes i feel like the younger players who are guaranteed first team players like Januzaj, Pereira & Wilson are treated differently. Someone lile Borthwick jackson might get games because we lack depth but the others really do need to fight and show us either in the little time they get, or in training or out on loan.

We had pereira saying that there was alot of communication & i assume he is now in a position of direct competition.

Sylar

I'd love to see him thrown into a prem game from the start and just see how he gets on, got some favorable games coming up hopefully he gets his chance.
So would I. Saying that if I was him, even though I support United, I would ask to leave.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Really being wasted here. And it's not like there's some great players playing instead of him. It's average players like Fellaini, Lingard or overplaying older players who should be rotated more like Schweinsteiger/Carrick. All probably because he likes to take risks on the ball and attempts killer passes now and then.

wiz4231

How is it possible this guy is not getting any game time, its criminal and to say we have to put up with the shite Fellaini and Lingard produce, I'm lost for words

Devil may care

I don't get why he can't at least be the first attacking sub on, we are never going to see if he can step up if he barely ever gets a chance.

MarkC

There has to be a perceived lack of effort in training. Nothing else makes sense really as everybody else has had a run.

itso 7

He is Brazilian, ain't he? He's just got to sit tight because it won't be long before this senile fool is run out of town and he gets a fair crack at it under Giggs till the end of the season.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He is Brazilian, ain't he? He's just got to sit tight because it won't be long before this senile fool is run out of town and he gets a fair crack at it under Giggs till the end of the season.
Being Brazilian has nothing to do with anything. Sure he has spent 1/3 of his life in the Netherlands and speaks Dutch.

Bwuk

He should be given a run in the side. Can't do any worse than some of them.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
what are the odds andreas and adnan get any minutes on friday if they played the full 90 for the u21's today?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Being Brazilian has nothing to do with anything. Sure he has spent 1/3 of his life in the Netherlands and speaks Dutch.
And he spent the other 2/3 in his country, Belgium. In a flemish region.

dichinero

How is it possible this guy is not getting any game time, its criminal and to say we have to put up with the shite Fellaini and Lingard produce, I'm lost for words
Seeing him and Fellaini walk off the same pitch together makes me sick!

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Don't understand how he's not getting a game.

We're gonna win feck all this year and probably lose him in the process like we did with Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.