5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

that's one of the things that drives me mad about lvg... he gets this ridiculous praise for playing youth, when in fact he only plays youth because people are injured. otherwise he doesn't play them... martial being the exception.
You don't expect him to play the youth when the first teamers are fit though do you? He has a duty to play his strongest team and unless the young players are that good (like Martial) you would expect the youth to wait patiently.

Lingard has taken Mata and Memphis' place in the side. He's also played CBJ consistently when he could easily move Blind to LB and play Carrick at CB.

LvG is a moron but when it comes to giving youth a chance I have no complaints at all, he stayed true to his word and has given chances.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
You don't expect him to play the youth when the first teamers are fit though do you? He has a duty to play his strongest team and unless the young players are that good (like Martial) you would expect the youth to wait patiently.

Lingard has taken Mata and Memphis' place in the side. He's also played CBJ consistently when he could easily move Blind to LB and play Carrick at CB.

LvG is a moron but when it comes to giving youth a chance I have no complaints at all, he stayed true to his word and has given chances.
lingard is 23 years old... hardly "youth".

acnumber9

that same question could easily apply to ten of our starting eleven.
Aside from the propensity to fly into dangerous tackles you could. It doesn't make it a travesty that he's not playing. If that's the only way you can answer my question then that says a lot.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
I don't understand this. Probably our brightest academy product and can't get a game.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I'll be surprised if he doesn't leave this summer and I wouldn't hold it against him. He's been overlooked over and over again.

SteveW

i'm not trying to be a prick here, but what do you mean by u21's? he's probably been the best player for the best team in the u21's.
Nah you're not being a prick. I'm a huge fan of Pereira. I've long said he'll be a first team player. He's been good in the U21s but I don't think he's been so good that you'd say he definitely deserves to be in the first team. Still has a lot of inconsistency in his game. Huge talent though

Nickosaur

How has he not started more games? So lively and his technique, first touch and movement is impressive.

saivet

I am half watching the game to be fair, but the glimpses I have had, he's been sloppy.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Should have had 2 assists, we def need a central player who can take the ball on the turn and carry the ball, he seems to have that

ZupZup

He just oozes class. I'd like to see him given a go ahead of Herrera at the moment.

We can't let it turn into another Pogba situation as we'll regret it if we don't hold on to him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Think he's a #10.
I don't think so, personally. He's always shown himself to be gritty defensively despite the wiry frame (the occasional suicide tackle and all), with good natural pace and the ability to dribble forward with the ball fairly easily when space is ahead of him; his U20 solo Brazil goal is a good example. That aspect of his game is normally shared with other types of midfielders like Modric, Wilshere, Dembele, Thiago etc. Obviously he's nowhere near as polished, but you get the point.

Raw

Good positive performance from him, he was always looking to get the ball forwards which was great to see. Really hope he can kick on and get some more appearances now.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don't think so, personally. He's always shown himself to be gritty defensively despite the wiry frame (the occasional suicide tackle and all), with good natural pace and the ability to dribble forward with the ball fairly easily when space is ahead of him; his U20 solo Brazil goal is a good example. That aspect of his game is normally shared with other types of midfielders like Modric, Wilshere, Dembele, Thiago etc. Obviously he's nowhere near as polished, but you get the point.
Tend to agree

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yeah I can't disagree with any of that and ultimately I'd prefer him to be an #8, they're a bit of a premium at the moment. I just think he'll ultimately end up behind the striker, similar to Barkley and alli.

DWelbz19

So he's basically a younger Hererra...?
Sort of, I guess. I think he has a natural capacity that is more reserved than Herrera's frantic, high-tenacity style. Herrera also lacks the technique in his long passing, an area I think Pereira will grow in as he progresses.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Nice cameo. Kids got some potential. I also remember I think he's an ace with a dead ball?

DWelbz19

Nice cameo. Kids got some potential. I also remember I think he's an ace with a dead ball?
Scored a free kick for us in the League Cup and scored directly from a corner for the U21s, of which he told Varela he was going to shoot from. :D

Will Absolute

Good positive performance from him, he was always looking to get the ball forwards which was great to see. Really hope he can kick on and get some more appearances now.
No harm in hoping. Just don't bet any money on it..

He looks good virtually every time he plays; and then it's back to the bench for the next 6 games.

CM

It's a shame he gets so few minutes. It's refreshing to see someone who is willing to beat their man or make something happen.

Morpheus 7

He looks fantastic on the ball, I know they were dirt but his touch is quality. He's an exciting player on the ball, very comfortable. You sense he can make something happen when he receives it. That must be the reason Van Gaal doesn't play him much. He doesn't suit the side to side footballing philosophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.