g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Andreas Pereira image 15

Andreas Pereira Brazil flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Norris

In terms of Pace and his ability to beat a man with a dribble, how far along is he ? I have seen him do really impressive things in tight spaces, but when/if he actually goes at defenders like a Martial or Januzaj, is he effective ? Because I cannot see how else he is going to get much game time. van Gaal doesn't hesitate to put the likes of Martial, Rashford on the wing, TFM on the left of defence, but seemingly opts to play Pereira in CM (Ignoring the friendlies played) whenever he is given a few rare minutes. That's why I asked the question in the first sentence. Is he good enough to play on the flanks ?

sugar_kane

Hope this lad gets another chance soon. Lingard is looking like he needs a rest and I'd sooner see this lad given a shot on the right before Januzaj. Perhaps if Mata eventually needs a rest he might get a shot in the number 10 spot, although I suspect this will be only if Rooney is unavailable.

Was it the Wolfsburg home match he was brought on and seemed to really struggle? I think that set him back a little which is a little unfair given the high pressured situation he was being brought into.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Hope this lad gets another chance soon. Lingard is looking like he needs a rest and I'd sooner see this lad given a shot on the right before Januzaj. Perhaps if Mata eventually needs a rest he might get a shot in the number 10 spot, although I suspect this will be only if Rooney is unavailable.

Was it the Wolfsburg home match he was brought on and seemed to really struggle? I think that set him back a little which is a little unfair given the high pressured situation he was being brought into.
Dont bother looking for reasons why he's not playing, there arent any.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Him and Januzaj have obviously stepped out if line or aren't current flavour of the months.

Pereira in particular has always been cast aside by lvg anyway. At least Januzaj got a loan, but I reckon LVG doesn't rate Pereira as highly as the others. Plus there's the Brazilian thing...

wiz4231

Pereira thinking to himself 'I'm the best player in the U21 I'm sure I'll get my chance soon'

AP: what do you think of my chances of playing in the first team?
LVG : I believe in you, you have great potential
AP: will I get a chance this week?
LVG: sorry, Lingard shall play
AP: this week maybe
LVG: No, Tuanzebe will
AP: what about this week?
LVG: No, its Fletcher turn
AP: this week?
LVG: erm nah, its CBJ
AP: Please
LVG: maybe, just kidding Varela
AP: Hi
LVG: Love
AP: maybe
LVG: not a chance, Riley will play
AP: now
LVG: no, Rothwell this week
AP: you do know I'm still here right
LVG: yes but it's Keane this week that's why we bought him back
AP: come on just 1 game
LVG: Januzaj is back, yay
AP: .....
LVG: Sorry Powell
AP: how about now
LVG: Rashford shall get a chance
AP: Who?
AP: Its going to be Mensah this week isn't it?
LVG: Yes
AP: FFS!
LVG: no, his name is Weir

Last edited:

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Yeah pretty much. And with Mata gone for Sunday I still don't expect him to play. Or even get on the bench for that matter.

MarkC

Can't see anyway he will play. Pretty sure Herrera or Fellaini will be used instead of Mata. Clearly LVG doesn't really rate him or think he deserves a chances. If he isn't putting the effort in behind the scenes fair enough but at some point effort showing on the pitch has to count for something and we've had some spineless performances from players in the role he is being denied.

CM

It's pretty stupid that he isn't even making the squad now, same goes for Januzaj. I doubt either would've made a difference today because of how ineffective we are against teams like West Brom but our options from the bench are so restrictive.

We'll probably play Herrera or Fellaini at #10 against West Ham. Pereira will be sat on the bench, or worse yet, fail to make the squad.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
It's pretty stupid that he isn't even making the squad now, same goes for Januzaj. I doubt either would've made a difference today because of how ineffective we are against teams like West Brom but our options from the bench are so restrictive.

We'll probably play Herrera or Fellaini at #10 against West Ham. Pereira will be sat on the bench, or worse yet, fail to make the squad.
Precisely. I can see Fellaini taking the ten spot, and Valencia taking a spot on the bench. No room for Pereira or Januzaj here.

Perrick Dubois

Definitely one of the biggest travesties this season has to be that Andreas hasn't had "bench performances" or "lost in the wilderness" or some other tag added to his performance thread. Disappointing.

JoaquinJoaquin

He's going to leave and be a star for someone.
That's what I feel to, So frustrating seeing us give him so limited opportunities while persevering with average tat like Lingard. I really think that in years in to come we will look back at that in astonishment similar to when Pogba was left on the bench while we played a central midfield of Rafael \ Park vs Blackburn

Gerald G

Not sure if he's being punished or what because he is playing in a reserve cup match today so he isn't injured (along with Januzaj). We could have definitely done with them vs West Brom giving our lack of attacking options.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not in the squad again. Match rhythm-less Schweinsteiger and James Weir seem to make the cut ahead of him on the bench, whilst Fellaini starts.

DWelbz19

the extra kicker in this is that LVG didn't allow him to go out on loan, either.
Seriously. Ah well, he'll get his time out on loan when/if Mourinho takes over. Probably won't ever result in him coming back to play here, but a loan nonetheless.

jb8521

He didn't train either so probably picked up a knock in the u21 game

m1y2

Pereira thinking to himself 'I'm the best player in the U21 I'm sure I'll get my chance soon'

AP: what do you think of my chances of playing in the first team?
LVG : I believe in you, you have great potential
AP: will I get a chance this week?
LVG: sorry, Lingard shall play
AP: this week maybe
LVG: No, Tuanzebe will
AP: what about this week?
LVG: No, its Fletcher turn
AP: this week?
LVG: erm nah, its CBJ
AP: Please
LVG: maybe, just kidding Varela
AP: Hi
LVG: Love

AP: maybe
LVG: not a chance, Riley will play
AP: now
LVG: no, Rothwell this week
AP: you do know I'm still here right
LVG: yes but it's Keane this week that's why we bought him back
AP: come on just 1 game
LVG: Januzaj is back, yay
AP: .....
LVG: Sorry Powell
AP: how about now
LVG: Rashford shall get a chance
AP: Who?
AP: Its going to be Mensah this week isn't it?
LVG: Yes
AP: FFS!
LVG: no, his name is Weir
:-D

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Should buy out his own contract if he doesn't start, considering his competition in Mata is suspended and every other midfielder we have can barely string a pass.
What you talking 'bout? Liam Schweinstegier and Marouane Chester are back. No freaking way. A bench spot and he should consider himself lucky.

wiz4231

What you talking 'bout? Liam Schweinstegier and Marouane Chester are back. No freaking way. A bench spot and he should consider himself lucky.
Not a chance mate, Pereira and Januzaj will start for the u21 against the scousers tonight, theyre far too talented for the first squad

DWelbz19

All about the youth, though. Definitely.

In Rainbows

Would love to see him slightly deeper than the 10 position again. I felt that was his best position.

Ole90+3

His future at the club is not looking bright, is it?

Can't have too much of a strong opinion on the matter. Everytime he has played for the first team (which is pretty much all I judge any youth player on) he's looked up to the level without looking outstanding.

I'll be gutted if he goes on to another club and becomes a top player however, at the moment, if he's sold, then I've got to trust the judgement of the manager and coaching staff. It would most likely mean that his mentality isn't at the level we want him to be at, as it's obvious the lad has plenty of talent and ability.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
His future at the club is not looking bright, is it?

Can't have too much of a strong opinion on the matter. Everytime he has played for the first team (which is pretty much all I judge any youth player on) he's looked up to the level without looking outstanding.

I'll be gutted if he goes on to another club and becomes a top player however, at the moment, if he's sold, then I've got to trust the judgement of the manager and coaching staff. It would most likely mean that his mentality isn't at the level we want him to be at, as it's obvious the lad has plenty of talent and ability.
That's normally a sound way of forming an opinion, but I do not trust LVG in any form. If this was any other top flight manager of note, then sure enough. But LVG simply hasnt got a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.