5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

yamo123x

Better than lingard who waltzes into the team most weeks. Probably the most creative player at the club at the minute.

He deserves a chance but I fear he will leave and we will regret it in years to come

Dobbs

Better than lingard who waltzes into the team most weeks. Probably the most creative player at the club at the minute.

He deserves a chance but I fear he will leave and we will regret it in years to come
He's been garbage in his last few U21 games. Constantly giving the ball away.

He definitely should have gotten more minutes but right now he's no case for being in the first XI.

Redguern

What you talking 'bout? Liam Schweinstegier and Marouane Chester are back. No freaking way. A bench spot and he should consider himself lucky.
Hysteria has reached fever pitch when people can compare BFS to Liam Millar... Insanity indeed :houllier:

Doesn't seem he was injured yesterday.
Now he is in the squad so will that stop the moaning?

No, apparently he should play instead of a guy who has constantly proven a work ethic and end product that Pereira has not...

He's been garbage in his last few U21 games. Constantly giving the ball away.

He definitely should have gotten more minutes but right now he's no case for being in the first XI.
At last, a voice of reason! Thankfully our team selection is based on form in games (and performance in training) rather than the 'Caf Relative Assessment of Performances' (CRAP) approach, where potential is inversely proportional to the number of games that you play in...

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
To be fair his level for the U21s when he initially came back down from first team football/training was good, it's obviously slackened a little due to his response to mistreatment.

Dobbs

To be fair his level for the U21s when he initially came back down from first team football/training was good, it's obviously slackened a little due to his response to mistreatment.
Nah he's been really sloppy with his basic passing these last few games. There's no excuse for that.

DWelbz19

There's no excusing that, yeah, but there is an excuse and it is quite probably motivational/the hump at mistreatment.

jb8521

Himself and Januzaj were taking the piss in u21 games trying to outdo each other with pointless flicks and trying to score from corners in games where they weren't even winning. They got a telling off for it and Januzaj has tried harder the last couple of games where as Pereira has looked completely disinterested. I agree that he should have had more chances with the first team but that type of behavior is completely unprofessional and shows a lack of respect for other players who are doing their best to impress at that level and as first team players they should be setting the standard for the other u21 players not acting less professionally than them.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Himself and Januzaj were taking the piss in u21 games trying to outdo each other with pointless flicks and trying to score from corners in games where they weren't even winning. They got a telling off for it and Januzaj has tried harder the last couple of games where as Pereira has looked completely disinterested. I agree that he should have had more chances with the first team but that type of behavior is completely unprofessional and shows a lack of respect for other players who are doing their best to impress at that level and as first team players they should be setting the standard for the other u21 players not acting less professionally than them.
I'm going to be he leaves us soon, which will be a shame.

FromTheBench

LVG didn't allow him to go on loan strangely and doesn't use him either while picking likes of Weir ahead of him.

It's kinda bizarre.

When Januzaj was allowed a stupid loan to Dortmund where he had more competition and where we lacked even more in numbers, why wasn't Pereira allowed ?

Wonder what he must be feeling at this stage. Won't be surprised if he pushes for a permanent move now either.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's being punished. Think both he he and Januzaj will be on loan or sold next season.

JoaquinJoaquin

He's being punished. Think both he he and Januzaj will be on loan or sold next season.
Yeah I think both will go in Summer unfortunately. So frustrating when you see the likes of Lingard start every week who is nowhere good enough.

JoaquinJoaquin

Regarding Pereira's 'lack of work ethic' in recent Under 21 games: I don't blame the guy to be brutally honest. You have games in the first team where you play pretty decent and don't look out of place, to then not even get in the squad while you watch the less talented likes of Jesse Lingard start every game, Riley get on the bench ahead of you etc.That must be very annoying and demoralizing. Add to the fact that Van Gaal's man management skills are woeful, that certainly will not help the situation either. He is that age now where he needs to be playing more regularly at a higher level, To have to play under 21 games in front of 250 people wouldn't motivate me either at this point.

Last edited:

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Yeah I think both will go in Summer unfortunately. So frustrating when you see the likes of Lingard start every week who is nowhere good enough.
Your one man crusade against Lingard is utterly tiresome. The least you could do is keep it in the Lingard thread

Dobbs

Regarding Pereira's 'lack of work ethic' in recent Under 21 games: I don't blame the guy to be brutally honest. You have games in the first team where you play pretty decent and don't look out of place, to then not even get in the squad while you watch the less talented likes of Jesse Lingard start every game, That must be very annoying and demoralizing. Add to the fact that Van Gaal's man management skills are woeful, that certainly will not help the situation either. He is that age now where he needs to be playing more regularly at a higher level, To have to play under 21 games in front of 250 people wouldn't motivate me either at this point.
It's not just been a lack of work ethic, he's actually been very poor these last few games. Constantly giving the ball away. When you're doing that against Oldham reserves you can't expect a call up to Premier League football.

JoaquinJoaquin

Your one man crusade against Lingard is utterly tiresome. The least you could do is keep it in the Lingard thread
I was talking about Pereira and Januzaj leaving which was the topic of conversation, I made a brief comment about Lingard because he is the starter in a position that both of these guys play, therefore he is an obstacle in their path for a starting place. I don't have a 'crusade' against the guy, I have given him credit where it is due (the last 2 games for example), However I don't have the blinkers on regarding him either like some do.

JoaquinJoaquin

It's not just been a lack of work ethic, he's actually been very poor these last few games. Constantly giving the ball away. When you're doing that against Oldham reserves you can't expect a call up to Premier League football.
O yeah I agree in the fact he isn't helping his own aspirations to make it here by doing that. But I think at this point as long as Van Gaal is at the club he knows he probably isn't going to make it anyways and that is why he has his lax attitude, which does affect performances.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Lingard has the far better attitude and application. Neither of them have done anything to merit a start if I'm honest.

prath92

LVG didn't allow him to go on loan strangely and doesn't use him either while picking likes of Weir ahead of him.

It's kinda bizarre.

When Januzaj was allowed a stupid loan to Dortmund where he had more competition and where we lacked even more in numbers, why wasn't Pereira allowed ?

Wonder what he must be feeling at this stage. Won't be surprised if he pushes for a permanent move now either.
We got offers from Leicester City iirc. What if we didnt let him go on loan so as to not get the Januzaj treatment there and end up wasting 6 months of his career not playing at all? At least here he could play in the reserves. How often would he play in Leicester especially when they have in form players and would want him only as a back up as they have to win every game for their title challenge?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Its almost as if people in here believe that van Gaal is benching him for the feck of it.

My understanding is that van Gaal and Joyce is trying to get a message across that he needs to be 100 percent professional to reach his potential. He has the talent to be world class, but his work ethic will have to be there aswell. At the top, the inches can make all the difference between average and world class. And if Pereira consider himself too good to give it all for Joyce at the age of 20, he is defintley not mature enough to be a star at Man Utd. I bet Ferguson would have done the same, and maybe if we had done the same to Januzaj he would be closer to reaching his talent today?

Rashford, Lingard and Weir appear to be very down to earth. Maybe that is part of the reason van Gaal trust them.

JoaquinJoaquin

Lingard has the far better attitude and application. Neither of them have done anything to merit a start if I'm honest.
Pereira has had very limited chances though in comparison. Lingard has a much higher work rate, no doubt about it, but technically he is worse.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It would be laughable if this happens. Hopefully the higher ups at OT see sense in keeping our two biggest prospects. We're not bloody Bayern to be sticking big talents in the U21's. We start Fellaini. Fellaini!

DWelbz19

We got offers from Leicester City iirc. What if we didnt let him go on loan so as to not get the Januzaj treatment there and end up wasting 6 months of his career not playing at all? At least here he could play in the reserves. How often would he play in Leicester especially when they have in form players and would want him only as a back up as they have to win every game for their title challenge?
He had offers from Leicester, PSV and Malaga. The latter two would've been great - PSV were his former club and he speaks the language of Flemish (Belgian-Dutch) and a move at Malaga could've ended up how Charly Musonda is doing for Real Betis. It was definitely a wasted opportunity.

ottosec

He didn't play much this season because our senior attacking midfielders were never injured.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
O yeah I agree in the fact he isn't helping his own aspirations to make it here by doing that. But I think at this point as long as Van Gaal is at the club he knows he probably isn't going to make it anyways and that is why he has his lax attitude, which does affect performances.
Ashley Young could have done the same last season but he kept his head down and proved his usefulness in time. These are beginners and fuelling some sort of entitlement from people is damaging.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Pereira has had very limited chances though in comparison. Lingard has a much higher work rate, no doubt about it, but technically he is worse.
Oh yeah, I agree from what I've seen, but the work rate probably applies to training, post match performance reviews, attitude in general. Whilst he may be technically inferior, I'd rather play someone who's willing to put the effort in to play.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
The striker doesn't seem too happy that Pereira went for the shot, despite scoring.:lol:

prath92

He had offers from Leicester, PSV and Malaga. The latter two would've been great - PSV were his former club and he speaks the language of Flemish (Belgian-Dutch) and a move at Malaga could've ended up how Charly Musonda is doing for Real Betis. It was definitely a wasted opportunity.
sorry i Missed this.

He got offers but there is no point in getting a move to the dutch league. Anyway I'm sure he was kept as a backup as we were suffering injury after injury but then lingard showed more in training than pereira or memphis so he got the nod. He himself seems to have been a bit underwhelming too (i havent seen but going by the posts here ffrom people who seem to have watched him) which didnt help him either.

He'll put himself on the radar this summer, Juve will make him a star.
He has 2 years on his contract. Unless juve pays 30m or so, it seems unlikely that he would be sold.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
sorry i Missed this.

He got offers but there is no point in getting a move to the dutch league. Anyway I'm sure he was kept as a backup as we were suffering injury after injury but then lingard showed more in training than pereira or memphis so he got the nod. He himself seems to have been a bit underwhelming too (i havent seen but going by the posts here ffrom people who seem to have watched him) which didnt help him either.

He has 2 years on his contract. Unless juve pays 30m or so, it seems unlikely that he would be sold.
He only recently signed a 4 year contract didn't he?

Red_toad

Regarding Pereira's 'lack of work ethic' in recent Under 21 games: I don't blame the guy to be brutally honest. You have games in the first team where you play pretty decent and don't look out of place, to then not even get in the squad while you watch the less talented likes of Jesse Lingard start every game, Riley get on the bench ahead of you etc.That must be very annoying and demoralizing. Add to the fact that Van Gaal's man management skills are woeful, that certainly will not help the situation either. He is that age now where he needs to be playing more regularly at a higher level, To have to play under 21 games in front of 250 people wouldn't motivate me either at this point.

Personally think any player should be proud to wear any United shirt & put in a shift, in any game they play. I don't get anyone who considers a player right in putting their needs before the clubs. These guys are very well paid & very privileged & I fail to understand why people make excuses for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.