5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sb_16

If you have watched him from the youth ranks you should know he's not at his best out wide as in Depay position, he's more a #10/#8, that's where he's had his best game and will develop as a player. Saying Depay is stealing games from him is irrelevant. Tbh I'd say buying Schwienstiger playing Fellaini has limited his game time. I do agree he will be a star.
Fixed

khoazany

The problem with him is all of the positions that he can play is well-stacked and LVG isn't a manager who like to rotate the squad.However he's talented enough to knock some senior players down the pecking order in the near future.

Cerpin

He's such a wonderful talent. It's so strange that he has gotten so few minutes given how poorly our attacking players have performed. It goes against him that LvG seems to prefer a pacey wide forward on the left. But I think he should be played more on the right instead of Mata. Not his ideal position, but give it a go I say.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He should get more game time imo. He's not ready yet but if he plays more often he can grow

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He should get more game time imo. He's not ready yet but if he plays more often he can grow
Many said that about Pogba, it just shows what actual belief and game time can do.

It's not easy coming into a match late, especially when the tempo is usually fast at the end of the game.

He should be given the Mata free role in our team to wonder around and playmake. he is definitely better moving with the ball from a deeper position IMO, but he has wonderful balance and 2 good feet which helps him work his way up the field. I get why Van Gaal has been reluctant recently to play him, but he won't get any better playing at U21 level, he's clearly above that.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Many said that about Pogba, it just shows what actual belief and game time can do.

It's not easy coming into a match late, especially when the tempo is usually fast at the end of the game.

He should be given the Mata free role in our team to wonder around and playmake. he is definitely better moving with the ball from a deeper position IMO, but he has wonderful balance and 2 good feet which helps him work his way up the field. I get why Van Gaal has been reluctant recently to play him, but he won't get any better playing at U21 level, he's clearly above that.
Still better than sit on the bench for 90mins. He can only learn

izec

His set pieces are quite good, deserves more minutes. I want to see more, not just 15 minutes every 2 months.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Not yet ready and would benefit it from a loan at a Prem club but feck it, he can't be any less inspiring than Mata, Carrick, Schweinsteiger and Fellaini in there.

Bwuk

I'd start him now. He can't be any worse than Fellaini

m1y2

created the martial chance after basti fecked himself up, good freekick as well, basically was more effective than fellaini who should never start ahead of pereira, LVG proly still thinks he's good header of the ball while he's really poor one despite his height, adding absolutely nothing to our team, we have a mobility of an elephant thanks to him and sweinsteigger

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I think it's time to drop Mata for him. Or hell, a midfield three of him, Herrera and Schneirdelin, but god forbid that's too risky. :rolleyes:

Norris

He looked good. He should start or come on as a sub more frequently. And he was basically playing as a deep lying playmaker. That set piece was good too. In a 4-2-3-1 a three of Martial-Pereira-Lingard is brimming with pace, creativity, talent and potential.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'd drop anyone bar Martial for him at this point. The other players are hiding.

Devil may care

Almost got Lingard in and delivered a dangerous set-piece, solid cameo from him and like most I'd like to see him get more minutes.

Sylar

Honestly he should be getting more minutes for the team now. Think he should have come on earlier than he did (or really should have started, there was no reason for Mata to start ahead of him today).

SambaBoy

I'd start him more or at least slowly introduce him from the bench. The best pass of the match came from him to Lingard, and he showed he can keep the ball quite well under pressure.

At the moment with a lot of players lacking confidence, it is worth giving this lad a go on Tuesday.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
If we play a midfield three like we did in the last league game then I'd be happy to see him in place of Herrera who's been woeful recently.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's class. Great on the ball and has a very good eye for a pass, and can actually play it like he did to lingard. Needs to play more, especially ahead of others like Fellaini who shouldn't be near the team.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Honestly he should be getting more minutes for the team now. Think he should have come on earlier than he did (or really should have started, there was no reason for Mata to start ahead of him today).
Agree I'd also prefer Jesse or Wilson to Mata. I can't remember a player at United supposedly of a certain standing that so underwhelmed me. Maybe Taibi was the last one but it was that long ago.

Tosicsleftpeg

I'd like him to get a couple of starts at least this season, chuck him in against midgetland with Schneiderlin I say. He's got ability that's quite clear, love his little turns he does in midfield, having a player who has good control and who can turn and change the direction of the play in the middle of the park is one of the most valued skills in football.

Kidders

If he can't get a start against Sheffield United then he has little chance of game time under Van Gaal, the game would have been perfect for him.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He was really positive and motivated when he came on. Constantly wanted the ball and moved in positions to get it. Both him and Memphis stepped up and tried to leave their mark on the game. I'd start them both against Newcastle.

Roboc7

How can anyone not play this lad ahead of Fellani I don't know.
Agree completely why is he not being given a chance, it was the ideal opportunity to give him a game and given they were going to park the bus it would have given us more chance of opening them up. For all the talk of LVG putting faith in youth it is more because he has had to due to him messing up the transfer window rather than because he genuinely wants to play them.

If he can't get into this poor utd team at home to a league one side then when is he going to play.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I reckon he'll be getting a lot more game time now. Van Gaal made a beeline for him at full time and looked as though he was pleased with him.

I've never been sure about how good he really is, personally. Never saw him as a number 10 because he doesn't have the guile or threat to play there. I see him more like Herrera, who I believe should be played in midfield. They keep the ball moving, link up play and show energy on the pitch. He's definitely worth a shot at this rate, though.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Did well, reckon he'll get a start or sub appearance next game. If he takes the chance he might even force his way into the first XI more regularly - bags of ability and actually has a bit of confidence and desire. Which is nice.

ChaddyP

I really think he has a great first touch and generally receives the ball well interms of body position. which is great for a midfielder . it makes passing faster much easier. would love to see him play in cm with some ball winners more regularly.

dichinero

I would not be surprised when the allure of regular football elsewhere starts turning his head. I feel for the kid

Status
Not open for further replies.