g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Andreas Pereira image 15

Andreas Pereira Brazil flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
can he play central midfield? if so, with our injury situation there simply can be no reason not to play him ahead of fellaini at this point.

Lynty

Apparently, Van Gaal has a good record of developing young talent...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
can he play central midfield? if so, with our injury situation there simply can be no reason not to play him ahead of fellaini at this point.
He should and could be starting centrally under a more competent manager. No matter what though there is no reason whatsoever for Fellaini to be starting ahead of him, if this continues we could expect him to be leaving in the summer, a player with his talent and potential won't wait around.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Apparently, Van Gaal has a good record of developing young talent...
Our best two from our current bunch went/are out on loan and Andreas who is probably third is on the fringes.

Not too bad at all. :D

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
an excellent showing for the u21's today... keane and januzaj got the goals, but pereira has been right up there with them.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
to me he looks like he can play CM or AM... throw him to the wolves against derby and see what he can come up with. he's warranted a start.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He's fecking class.

Also see this from today.

But I can't see him starting in our current system as a CM unfortunately... Feel our 4-2-3-1 is only beneficial for a handful of players and negates combative midfielders such as Herrera, Pereira, Fellaini etc. and rather favours players who are positionally strong enough to be part of a double pivot.

Credit: GifLord

Last edited:

In Rainbows

Great game today. I'm usually not a fan of his style for the number 10 position because he tends to only look for his shot over creating, but he did both today.

Crashoutcassius

Looked good again. In fairness to LVG tho has been muck for the first team. Invisible. He's getting chances but doesn't deserve to be in the team on merit thus far. Hopefully we effect those games more

izec

We need to play him, he is absolute class already. Dont want another Pogba scenario in a few years

dichinero

TBF we are in a desperate situation, would you have risked him at the start and have us concede?
Yes and not to sound like a broken record, over Fellaini. There nothing that he has done lately that Pereira could not have done and if not better.

Red Comet

A lot of folks on here seriously under-estimate the gulf in level between EPL and U21s.

Will Keane scored 2 goals in 22 appearances for Preston NE. He's gotten 5 goals already in 2 U21 matches.

Look a Januzaj. U21 is a walk in the park for him, but he's struggled in EPL when oppositions just don't give him as much space.
James Wilson was scoring for fun at all the U levels but struggles to match the level of performance when being given the chance in the 1st team.

Pereira looks best in the No.10 role, which puts him in direct competition with Mata, Herrera or even Depay who was used in that role.

khoazany

Pereira looks best in the No.10 role, which puts him in direct competition with Mata, Herrera or even Depay who was used in that role.
Pereira looks best in the number 8 role, however LVG prefers to play with two number 6 and rightly so which is part of the reason why he didn't play much.

I don't think anyone expect him to be first team regular at this point of time.However he has shown a lot of promises both at U21s and first team level in the last 2 seasons and deserves to be blooded more to the team than he has been so far.

Last edited:

Red Comet

Pereira looks best in the number 8 role, however LVG prefers to play with two number 6 and rightly so which is part of the reason why he didn't play much.

I don't think anyone expect him to be first team regular at this point of time.However he has shown a lot of promises both at U21s and first team level in the last 2 seasons and deserves to be blooded more to the team than he has been so far.
You were quoting me, but somehow it shows Inigo Montoya. :lol:

SteveW

I'd like is to use a 6 and two 8s like we did towards the end of last season. Schneiderlin, Hererra and Pereira. Plenty of speed, energy and creativity.

ferguson2

Like Januzaj, Pereira looks a class above the other U21 players.

Either he gets his minutes for the first team or we loan him to a club where he can show his talent.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Andreas Pereira: "I'm a Man United player, [but] I've seen in the press that there are various other clubs interested. I get frustrated at times when I don't play but Louis van Gaal is always speaking to me. I need more game time. United will decide with my agent."

"I don't know if United want to loan me out but I'm working hard to get more opportunities. It's their decision."

"I'm focused on doing my job at Utd, of course I want to be more visible to those in Brazil. I need to play and get more chances."

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Andreas Pereira: "I'm a Man United player, [but] I've seen in the press that there are various other clubs interested. I get frustrated at times when I don't play but Louis van Gaal is always speaking to me. I need more game time. United will decide with my agent."

"I don't know if United want to loan me out but I'm working hard to get more opportunities. It's their decision."

"I'm focused on doing my job at Utd, of course I want to be more visible to those in Brazil. I need to play and get more chances."
This is the shit that happens when we prefer shit like Fellaini to him.

Pogba 2.0 if we're not careful.

DWelbz19

We're going to balls up another youth player?

Bollocks to van Gaal and his bleeding in Youth hyperbole. Our best talents have all been sent away or not given any opportunities.

SATA

Not sure why Lingard gets chosen ahead of him. His quality is all for there to see when he plays, maybe he's not giving enough in training

El-Manos

Looked good again. In fairness to LVG tho has been muck for the first team. Invisible. He's getting chances but doesn't deserve to be in the team on merit thus far. Hopefully we effect those games more
Wow what? I must have been watching a different player then. He's looked impressive for the limited game time he has been given and has contributed already on a few occasions. If you consider the limited opportunities he has been given, he certainly deserves more game time if anything. He already looks a lot more effective and talented than Lingard, who simply lacks the ability and composure to nail down that right wing position. I firmly do believe however, Pereira and Januzaj could ultimately nail down a place in the current team. They are by far our two most talented youngsters (excluding Martial and Shaw of course).

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not sure why Lingard gets chosen ahead of him. His quality is all for there to see when he plays, maybe he's not giving enough in training
Lingards pace and that alone

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
He's not competing with Lingard. Different type of player and Andreas is more suited centrally and Jesse better from out wide.

I'd also drop Mata, Fellaini or Depay for Periera before dropping Lingard.

DWelbz19

Wow what? I must have been watching a different player then. He's looked impressive for the limited game time he has been given and has contributed already on a few occasions. If you consider the limited opportunities he has been given, he certainly deserves more game time if anything. He already looks a lot more effective and talented than Lingard, who simply lacks the ability and composure to nail down that right wing position. I firmly do believe however, Pereira and Januzaj could ultimately nail down a place in the current team. They are by far our two most talented youngsters (excluding Martial and Shaw of course).
Yeah, that post was nonsense. In the league he has been grasping at cameos in matches where we've been bereft [which is normally every game] and hope he can do something. Against Chelsea he came on and made a great chance for Rooney toward the end, which Rooney couldn't control and forced it wide to Mata. He had a great 90 minutes in the FA Cup, albeit against weaker opposition but he definitely has the capacity to be playing a sizable amount more.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He's not competing with Lingard. Different type of player and Andreas is more suited centrally and Jesse better from out wide.

I'd also drop Mata, Fellaini or Depay for Periera before dropping Lingard.
Depay doesn't play, and when Lingard plays Mata doesn't play....

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
any notion of him not making the most of his opportunities is completely ridiculous. the guy has received next to nothing but has been more lively in his cameos than most of his teammates.

plus, i'm convinced he's versatile enough to play on the wing. he did in summer and did a great job of it... that's another thing that's so hard to understand. he was perhaps our best player on our US tour and has got nothing from it.

LVG has royally fecked up when it comes to our best youngsters. i know they don't all come good, but in wilson, januzaj and pereira we have three fantastic prospects who should be given more of a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.