Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
In a good way or negatively? I think he's been OK, but not amazing. He looks quicker than I was given the impression he was. Also looks like he has a fight in him.
Good way. Keeps asking for the ball and running the game.

Devil may care

A little over eager when he first came on but settled in well and was opening them up and dictating the play in the last 15 minutes.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He will be a top player. I can't be more certain of it. Been watching him since he was 16. It will be a travesty he doesn't make it here.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Sort of, I guess. I think he has a natural capacity that is more reserved than Herrera's frantic, high-tenacity style. Herrera also lacks the technique in his long passing, an area I think Pereira will grow in as he progresses.
Okay , I just meant in a positional sense, not necessarily potential.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
In what sense? Numerically sure.

He has the high talent level but if he can produce on the big stage is a different matter altogether. I believe he will though. I just think there is a confidence about him, a cockiness even,
No I meant maybe as a wide right attacker in. 4231 formation. In place of Lingard.
We need some genuine class in that position going forward.

Brightonian

Best senior run-out so far. First time he's really looked like the same player he is for the U21s, imposing himself on the game and looking to make things happen.

Anyone enjoying or appreciating the likes of Lingard, Pereira, CBJ, Varela, Keane, Riley et al but also keen on Mourinho is fooling themselves. You can have your 'proven winner', and probably will, but be prepared to say goodbye to the youth tradition.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He can definitely play there I think but he is better through the centre. In the kind of position Herrera plays. He could play number 10 as well.
We have too many no 10s!!

Given his crossing and dribbling skills I think he should try and get a slot in place of Lingard. He can make a play for no 10 later in his career!

I'd love to have a young Beckham type player again who can strike a ball like a ping pong ball.

Classical Mechanic

We have too many no 10s!!

Given his crossing and dribbling skills I think he should try and get a slot in place of Lingard. He can make a play for no 10 later in his career!

I'd love to have a young Beckham type player again who can strike a ball like a ping pong ball.
Lingard has goals in him but our right wing is so uncreative with him playing there. I would drop Lingard for Pereira.

Sylar

Would like to see him in a floating three behind the striker (with Lingard and Memphis). Dont restrict them given the movement of all three.

This guy defo needs more more more minutes with the first team.

itso 7

Best senior run-out so far. First time he's really looked like the same player he is for the U21s, imposing himself on the game and looking to make things happen.

Anyone enjoying or appreciating the likes of Lingard, Pereira, CBJ, Varela, Keane, Riley et al but also keen on Mourinho is fooling themselves. You can have your 'proven winner', and probably will, but be prepared to say goodbye to the youth tradition.
Woodward's remarks a few weeks back about the academy and the importance of youth was very pointed, I think, and this will be something that the board will impress upon whoever replaces LVG. If Mourinho comes in he will know what's expected in this regard and given the environment here (how we won't sack him if doesn't win the trophy) he won't feel the pressure to put immediate glory over the development of youth. Granted he won't go to extremes like Pochettino would or Giggs will but players like Pereira will definitely get opportunities.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Positive approach with always looking to make himself available for the pass and tries to be inventive when in possesion, really should be given much more playing time!

m1y2

his movement is fantastic, looks like flying on the ball, has the speed to operate in those tight areas even though it's not his preferred position. He'd be killing it in a functional team. wouldn't mind to rotate him with Mata more, Juanito looked burnt at most of the games this year. Certainly more movement wouldnt do us harm, I also thing that Andreas is very creative and can shoot as well, has the skill to go past player, almost think he would be an upgrade on Mata but he won't get better if he sits on a bench all year, that's how I feel angry with Vangle...

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Bit unfortunate that although we've had huge amounts of injuries, we've still be well stocked in his positons, glad to see him getting some minutes, needs to be more though.

JoaquinJoaquin

Bit unfortunate that although we've had huge amounts of injuries, we've still be well stocked in his positons, glad to see him getting some minutes, needs to be more though.
He should be getting more minutes I agree, especially while Lingard has been poor.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'd be playing him ahead of Lingard.
Maybe but Lingard has some experience now and has scored some important goals. Tonight was not the night to play yet another kid when a more experienced player was available.

But generally I agree with you, Pereira shows a lot of potential and deserves some proper game time to demonstrate if he can make the step up.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Maybe but Lingard has some experience now and has scored some important goals. Tonight was not the night to play yet another kid when a more experienced player was available.

But generally I agree with you, Pereira shows a lot of potential and deserves some proper game time to demonstrate if he can make the step up.
Lingard has been extremely poor and Pereira cant be any worse. In the pre-season games he showed he can play on the wing if needed. There is no way Lingard should start games

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Lingard has been extremely poor and Pereira cant be any worse. In the pre-season games he showed he can play on the wing if needed. There is no way Lingard should start games
agreed with all of this. pereira indeed was very good in summer on the wing.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bit awkward now that Januzaj is back because that's extra competition off the bench for minutes out wide. Hope he gets some minutes against Watford.

Golden Nugget

He's just unlucky he's a number 10 and one of our best players is also a number 10 and in good form.
It's like that episode of Simpsons where all he all star baseball players go missing or can't play for whatever reason, except the guy playing Homer's position

Status
Not open for further replies.