5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

khoazany

Love to see him play, but im a little bit worried where he will end up. As we both have Januzaj and Pereira competing for #10. And both of them even tough capable, aren't good on the wings due lack of speed.
Pereira is an #8 long-term.Despite his look he's quite tenacious defensively.

Sam

One of the very few positives from last night. Thought he looked quality.

marlowe78

I am pretty convinced that he needs more gametime and we should look to integrate him into the starting XI. He was by far our best player last night and took full advantage of his chance. I don't think we're winning any trophies this year, so I would rather we focus on getting the young players settled in the team.

NoPace

I am pretty convinced that he needs more gametime and we should look to integrate him into the starting XI. He was by far our best player last night and took full advantage of his chance. I don't think we're winning any trophies this year, so I would rather we focus on getting the young players settled in the team.
I think the league is there to be won since nobody is great right now, but I agree we should be playing as much youth as possible. It's not like Pereira is going to do much worse than some of the more experienced options.

It's why dropping Rooney is so paramount. He's probably going to start another 30 something games and that could instead be starts for Wilson up front or Lingard, Pereira or Memphis out left or as the 10.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He reminds me of Thiago so much.
A lot disagree but I see it too. I think it's the general ease he has on the ball - even when it's picked up deep or within the proximity of many opposing players. It's the sort of trait Thiago is excellent with.

Acole9

Outstanding
I hope van Gaal gives him some opportunities in the league now we're out the cup because based on those two performances he deserves it.

blitz133w

He missed a few chances, overhit many crosses and was trying too hard to create something. But what a well taken penalty. He was quality and did much better than most of the senior players. Definitely needs more playing time. Really excited to see his progress

Ballache

Supports
Martial
In an ideal world he'd go on loan to a team that plays good football at a good level and come back ready to play regularly. I think he'd be brilliant in a midfield 3, he's creativeand technical. Have high hopes for him but I don't think he's ready to be playing on a regular basis for us yet.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
One of the few players at the club that can make something happen.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Might get some games during the Christmas period if the schedule is unforgiving. Otherwise if Herrera is clawing for game time I do not see any big minutes for him unless LvG does the sensible and rotates Rooney.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would like to see him come on for mata or lingard at some point today. One of the few in our squad with great dribbling andoads of creativity. Tends to look for a man when crossing as well, instead of just putting it in.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Maybe he's just not ready yet. LVG has given chances to the kids when he thinks they are ready so Pereira probably isn't ready yet.
He's been good in both of the matches he's started.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's been good in both of the matches he's started.
He's been inventive and skilful but careless. Under another manager I think he'd have played more because he has looked promising but LvG hates careless midfield play.

Brwned

No more careless than Lingard was against CSKA. The main difference was that Lingard posed much more of a threat.
Agree with the edit. What Lingard and Memphis both have in their favour which gives them a bit of leeway on that front is goal threat and pace to stretch the opposition defence. They're more like attackers than midfielders. Pereira is very much a possession player and drifts towards the ball rather than stretching the play. Similar to Herrera I think his carelessness is punished more severely.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Agree with the edit. What Lingard and Memphis both have in their favour which gives them a bit of leeway on that front is goal threat and pace to stretch the opposition defence. They're more like attackers than midfielders. Pereira is very much a possession player and drifts towards the ball rather than stretching the play. Similar to Herrera I think his carelessness is punished more severely.
I'm not sure your emphasis on how careless they are is fair. Lingard and Martial have both shown themselves to give the ball away a hell of a lot, yet Van Gaal sticks with them because they've looked likely to make things happen in the final third.

If Pereira did the same (or Hererra) he'd be more likely to get a run of games. Hererra's most recent dropping has feck all to do with being too careless. If anything, the opposite.

Van Gaal's definitely a conservative coach but seems more than willing to play attacking players who are a bit careless in possession, providing they make up for that by creating/scoring goals. I mean, look at Di Maria last season. Gave the ball away for fun, from day one, yet only got dropped after a longish run of games where he stopped creating.

Brwned

My take on Di Maria is completely different. He was moved away from his best position because of his carelessness in possession very early on - to the point where he played as a striker for the first time in his career. Then despite consistently being our most creative and dangerous player he was edged out by the less creative Young because he's much more disciplined and careful in possession.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
My take on Di Maria is completely different. He was moved away from his best position because of his carelessness in possession very early on - to the point where he played as a striker for the first time in his career. Then despite consistently being our most creative and dangerous player he was edged out by the less creative Young because he's much more disciplined and careful in possession.
His "best position" involved him being incapable of most of the things you expect from someone in that position. He was then given a chance in multiple different positions where you can carry a player who won't make any defensive effort but when he played out wide and in a free role behind a striker (he never played up top fwiw) he just didn't do enough of anything.

Anyway, this has been done to death (in more appropriate threads) and even discussing the lazy turd depresses me, so happy to agree to disagree.

kundalini

If it was up to me, I'd be benching Rooney, Mata and Memphis until Christmas, and then taking a look at Lingard, Pereira, Wilson, Young and Fellaini to see if any of them can contribute more than the star names, if given an extended run of games. Our first choice attacking players (with the exception of Martial) really haven't done enough to justify being regular starters, never mind being in the team every game; only Memphis seems to have been dropped for his poor performances.

Pereira looked promising in the League Cup though not perfect by any means. Surely worth giving him some mins to show what he can do. We need more creativity.

On the pre-season tour, it was clear to anyone watching that our A team attack of Young, Mata, Memphis and Rooney, was no better, indeed possibly worse, than our B team attack of Lingard, Pereira, Januzaj and an out of form Wilson. Nothing has happened since the season started to change that view.

Last edited:

Devil may care

Made a good tackle and played a decent pass in to Memphis on a counter, not a bad 15 minutes under the belt as part of his learning curve.

m1y2

Even though Watford got a penalty, I thought he changed the game. Good cameo.
I dont think it was him who changed the game, after conceding goal like that every team would show up with a good finish to the game.

Great to see Andreas getting game time though. I actually was angry he didnt get chance ahead of rojo and we wouldnt need to change to system in we struggle.. pereira doesn't seem like no2 option for herrera to lvg which is kinda weird as we didn't have a better option on the bench and their playstyle is similar..

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Expect him to get a few minutes but don't think he'll start.

Oo0AahCantona

I want him to have as many minutes as possible. I rate him the highest out of our young players including januzaj.

NK86

After seeing Fellaini's first touches yesterday, could not believe Pereira is not given a shot more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.