5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

United22

Did pretty ok to be honest, which in comparison to the other options is playing like Messi

Mani

He did really well,hope he gets more playing time.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I swear, every time he features he does something positive. Surprising he got such little game time in this mess of time.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Based on what?
Hasn't exactly pushed for him to start has he. Whereas last season, he was pushing for Wilson to play (probably due to the two goals he scored under him) when we had the likes of Januzaj, Falcao, Van Persie, Rooney, Mata, Di Maria, Herrera etc. all competing for a forward position. Van Gaal even said Giggs was pushing for Wilson to play himself.

Whereas if you look at the situation currently; it's incredible how he has barely featured in this December period with the suspensions and injuries to Bastian, Morgan, Herrera etc. along with having a relatively thin squad, don't you think?

Rossa

Hasn't exactly pushed for him to start has he. Whereas last season, he was pushing for Wilson to play (probably due to the two goals he scored under him) when we had the likes of Januzaj, Falcao, Van Persie, Rooney, Mata, Herrera etc. all competing for a forward position. Van Gaal even said Giggs was pushing for Wilson to play himself.

Whereas if you look at the situation currently; it's incredible how he has barely featured in this December period with the suspensions and injuries to Bastian, Morgan, Herrera etc. along with having a relatively thin squad, don't you think?
You do know that LVG is first and foremost responsible for team line-ups right? It's conjecture like this that makes me wonder.

kundalini

Surprised he didn't come on for Mata a lot earlier. Performance was a mix of awful and very encouraging. Thought he did really well in the move that led to Mata's shot being saved, after Rooney had been unwilling, or unable, to shoot when better placed.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Hasn't exactly pushed for him to start has he. Whereas last season, he was pushing for Wilson to play (probably due to the two goals he scored under him) when we had the likes of Januzaj, Falcao, Van Persie, Rooney, Mata, Di Maria, Herrera etc. all competing for a forward position. Van Gaal even said Giggs was pushing for Wilson to play himself.

Are you a part of the coaching staff? You have no clue what Giggs pushes for or not. How Giggs rates Wilson has no relevance to how he rates Andreas either. You are just making up stuff based on line-ups that Giggs doesn't pick.

I'm not surprised at all as van Gaal has largely used him as a winger and since we've been forced to use McNair, CBJ, and Varela at the back van Gaal is going to favour playing senior players in front of them over another youth player.

Devil may care

Looks a bit like Herrera in that he looks eager to get the ball moving forward. Supposedly an fairly decent dribbler too, I hear?
He is, I think he's been more cautious with the ball in the first team but if encouraged he can dribble effectively.

Rossa

He is, I think he's been more cautious with the ball in the first team but if encouraged he can dribble effectively.
That's exactly where LVG should step out from his seat, leave the notebook and go tell Pereira to feck it, and create something - "I know you can do it kid" - something a little less cliche, but still. It's not just about shouting to your players making them run as if they are horses at the track, it's also about telling them to just let go and don't worry about losing possession.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Quiet liked what I saw of him today. Played a number of good forward balls into the feet of an attacker, and showed lots of directness and positive passing, which makes a nice change from the rest of them just passing it out wide every chance. Wouldn't mind seeing him get more game time right now.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Are you a part of the coaching staff? You have no clue what Giggs pushes for or not. How Giggs rates Wilson has no relevance to how he rates Andreas either. You are just making up stuff based on line-ups that Giggs doesn't pick.

I'm not surprised at all as van Gaal has largely used him as a winger and since we've been forced to use McNair, CBJ, and Varela at the back van Gaal is going to favour playing senior players in front of them over another youth player.
You do know that LVG is first and foremost responsible for team line-ups right? It's conjecture like this that makes me wonder.
Fair enough, it just disappoints me he's barely featured at all given how thin our squad is and probably in hindsight more than ever when we have such a lack of creativity. I would have thought that at least someone (and they might have) or even Van Gaal would have pushed for it but they know more than I possibly could about the situation.

Rossa

Fair enough, it just disappoints me he's barely featured at all given how thin our squad is and probably in hindsight more than ever when we have such a lack of creativity. I would have thought that at least someone (and they might have) or even Van Gaal would have pushed for it but they know more than I possibly could about the situation.
I would love to see him get more game time as well, but conjecture like that doesn't belong in any discussion - it's journalism really :keano:

Sylar

Wouldnt be surprised if he plays against Chelsea, is isolated and then doesnt play for 10 games. Seems to be the pattern with United and the lack of consistency for our players.

Will probably make a mistake and be subbed off at half time too.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Said it in October that he was a better player than Memphis. Got battered.

wiz4231

Not sure Giggs rates him that much to be honest.
Giggs is not the manager. yet
Watching Pereira coming up through the ranks his best performances have been as part of a midfield 3 or the box to box midfielder in a midfield 2 (like Herrera). That's where he will excel with all the qualities he has. He needs to cut out his rashness when tackling. It's disappointing to see that he's not getting much game even though it's clearly obvious he is extremely talented. He is 1 of the reasons why I felt that we didn't need to buy Bastian in the summer and was hoping Fellaini would be sold. These 2 players are seriously hindering Pereira development and game time. Sean Goss is the other I'd like to see get a few more minutes alongside Pereira.

izec

Big Pereira fan, disappointed that he hasn't played more so far, because he plays pretty well every time he gets an appearance. He gets a bit underrated on here, think he has fantastic potential. Someone like Pep would bring the best out of him and possibly Herrera

pascell

Suffering cause of van Gaal atm. Played and scored against Ipswich in the CoC, started the next game(?), then got benched and barely any minutes. Carry on using him bit part and his progress is seriously going to stagnate.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I know we paid 27m for Memphis but IMO, Memphis is stealing games from this guy. I've watched him from the youth ranks and I will keep saying it. This guy can be a star.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't understand why in a season where our attack has been woeful we haven't given more chances to one of our brightest young attackers.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's done diddly squat to be considered a better player than Memphis.

DWelbz19

He's had diddly squad minutes. In the most recent game against Chelsea, in that 7 or so minutes he got to play, he created the best chance of the match, only for Rooney to be Rooney and donkey-touch it up.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's had diddly squad minutes. In the most recent game against Chelsea, in that 7 or so minutes he got to play, he created the best chance of the match, only for Rooney to be Rooney and donkey-touch it up.
That was CBJ if you're talking about the cross. The chipped chance was well offside so not really a chance at all.

His best game was the Ipswich one where he wasn't very good aside from the freekick. He probably deserves a few more minutes given how crap Depay has been but to suggest he's already better than Depay seems a bit ridiculous.

DWelbz19

What cross? I'm talking about the run he made from deep, with a couple of one-twos, which he then squared to Rooney, who took a terrible touch and had to play it wide to Mata who the angle was always against. It was in about the 89th minute or so. Was that CBJ? Thought that was Pereira.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
That was CBJ if you're talking about the cross. The chipped chance was well offside so not really a chance at all.

His best game was the Ipswich one where he wasn't very good aside from the freekick. He probably deserves a few more minutes given how crap Depay has been but to suggest he's already better than Depay seems a bit ridiculous.
It depends on how you rate players I guess. In terms of first touch, receiving technique, dribbling ability, change of pace, ability with the ball at pace under pressure then he is already better than Depay. So basically in terms of technique and skill he is better. His main problem at this point is concentration levels which will improve with experience.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
What cross? I'm talking about the run he made from deep, with a couple of one-twos, which he then squared to Rooney, who took a terrible touch and had to play it wide to Mata who the angle was always against. It was in about the 89th minute or so. Was that CBJ? Thought that was Pereira.
That was against Stoke I think. That was decent enough but even Memphis has had a couple of those moments. Doesn't really say much.

It depends on how you rate players I guess. In terms of first touch, receiving technique, dribbling ability, change of pace, ability with the ball at pace under pressure then he is already better than Depay. So basically in terms of technique and skill he is better. His main problem at this point is concentration levels which will improve with experience.
:houllier:

I'd prefer to rate players based on more than one professional club start for a start. Let's see if he can do this at senior level before even comparing him against someone who's had more than 100 games.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
No don't worry that's only Ander Herrera who we'd be letting go.
There's more chance of there being snow in Ethiopia than us selling a player to City when we have a say in the matter.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
On the flip side, Memphis has fecked up too much on his performances for us to start thinking he is a worse player than Pereira is.

MarkC

Worrying to see we've went so far through a poor season and he's barely had a chance. Seems to say the right things so can only assume he isn't showing it in training.

If you had asked me at the start of the season i'd have said he'd have been the youth product to get into the first team. Seems everyone else has had chances nearly but him. Weird.

sugar_kane

One of those players who's status grows the less he plays... The few times he's played this season he's looked extremely lightweight. Not ready.

wiz4231

I know we paid 27m for Memphis but IMO, Memphis is stealing games from this guy. I've watched him from the youth ranks and I will keep saying it. This guy can be a star.
If you have watched him from the youth ranks you should know he's not at his best out wide as in Depay position, he's more a #10/#8, that's where he's had his best game and will develop as a player. Saying Depay is stealing games from him is irrelevant. Tbh I'd say buying Schwienstiger has limited his game time. I do agree he will be a star.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
One of those players who's status grows the less he plays... The few times he's played this season he's looked extremely lightweight. Not ready.
Agreed, he's obviously got talent but definitely not a starter and should be coming on in the last 15 minutes of a game or into a game we're dominating.

Status
Not open for further replies.