Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think like tuanzebe he was the unlucky short straw today. I expect some to miss out against Spurs also.

I hope he gets to start that as the CAM as it’ll be a good test against PL midfield.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hang on, has it been confirmed that he will start vs Spurs at all, as it seems to be mentioned quite definitively in here?

mav_9me

Disappointing to see Mata and Lingard getting minutes ahead of him.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Disappointing to see Mata and Lingard getting minutes ahead of him.
He has impressed this tour so you'd assume the staff saved him to let him get more minutes against a more physical side with higher tempo. That is where they would want to assess him before the upcoming season. I think he has a real chance to take Mata's spot sooner rather than later if he manages to impress against Spurs. I'd be disappointed if he doesn't get at least 60 minutes against them.

Eddy_JukeZ

Hopefully he features against Spurs.

Was disappointed he barely played vs Inter.

I think he was the most impressive player during the 1st two games.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hopefully he features against Spurs.

Was disappointed he barely played vs Inter.

I think he was the most impressive player during the 1st two games.
Good chance he does IMO. Might be like the Tuanzebe thing where he leaves him out before giving him 60 minutes to see how he fares against bigger opposition.

Web of Bissaka

Anyone else worried about his contract?

Seeing how Ole trusted Greenwood more, and giving Gomes lesser games in comparison + doesn't look like he trust him in games vs big teams or even any EPL teams, he's likely leaving next year. No, not just from this pre-season, mostly this is from last season.

Disappointing if so, he's so good, clearly natural on the ball and grabbing the little chances he's given so far, performing well.

macheda14

Anyone else worried about his contract?

Seeing how Ole trusted Greenwood more, and giving Gomes lesser games in comparison + doesn't look like he trust him in games vs big teams or even any EPL teams, he's likely leaving next year. No, not just from this pre-season, mostly this is from last season.

Disappointing if so, he's so good, clearly natural on the ball and grabbing the little chances he's given so far, performing well.
What worries me is Gomes isn't getting singled out as much by Ole in interviews.

IrishRedDevil

Worrying that he isn’t really getting any minutes in preseason. Lingard was rubbish vs Leeds yet he still started vs Inter. Those are minutes that Gomes should be getting.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Worrying that he isn’t really getting any minutes in preseason. Lingard was rubbish vs Leeds yet he still started vs Inter. Those are minutes that Gomes should be getting.
Lets see if he starts vs Spurs

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The control his displayed there to keep the ball at his feet was sublime, what a player he'll be.

Mailo

Quiet game apart from the goal - maybe down to instructions, as I don't think he was getting too involved in play.

Raven

That was a phenomenal goal, against very good, very physical opposition. Another test passed with flying colours, he's making it very difficult for Ole not to pick him when the season starts.

podurban2

Quiet game apart from the goal - maybe down to instructions, as I don't think he was getting too involved in play.
I think he was let down by our midfield, tbh. Put him infront of Pogba and McT and he would get a lot more space to see the ball.

3KDré

I think that's down to him being on the left wing. As soon as he came centrally in parts of the game he did well. I want to see more of him, he should be getting Lingard's minutes.

Alemar

Excellent technique and a very nice finish, great goal in a very difficult half for the team (and a winner as well). Much better than Lingard

AJ10

Looked sharp even without the goal but what a goal, now hopefully he won't be off to psg or barca because he didn't start :rolleyes:

mav_9me

I think that's down to him being on the left wing. As soon as he came centrally in parts of the game he did well. I want to see more of him, he should be getting Lingard's minutes.
Couldn't agree more.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I was messaging my Spurs supporting mate and said to him I was excited to see how Gomes does and he asked who that was. Ten mins later he does that :drool:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not seen any of the games on tour so far but it seems people are raving about him every time he plays, is it hyperbole or is he genuinely impressing?

Also seen a lot of people raging when he's not being played in the games, again overreaction and if not why is he seemingly not being given the chances? I cant believe it's because of his height

Kag

He should be occupying the part of the pitch that Lingard likes to faff around in.

He’s ready for Premier League football.

izec

Should have started with the first team and show what he can do, instead of that second rate team. He is a player that is better when playing with better players on his wavelength

Sterling Archer

Not seen any of the games on tour so far but it seems people are raving about him every time he plays, is it hyperbole or is he genuinely impressing?

Also seen a lot of people raging when he's not being played in the games, again overreaction and if not why is he seemingly not being given the chances? I cant believe it's because of his height
He is a very technically impressive player. Think Mata type but quicker. Though that don't play the same way, just to get an image

Art Vandelay

He's been very impressive and promising. Quick, composed, good touch and dribbling. He's been better than some senior players.

Ibi Dreams

He is being given chances, but it's hard to fit in everyone and give them all equal play time. I think people are annoyed at seeing people like Lingard and Mata playing, players who we know all about, instead of Gomes who is a very talented player who just needs to be given chances now.

I'd say it's hyperbole a bit, he hasn't done anything out of this world, but it's easy to see how great his technique is on the ball and he has had a good impact in the games he's played.

Status
Not open for further replies.